PDA

View Full Version : I'm late! (Pic heavy)

Nat242
September 27th, 2008, 01:17 AM
This post is a little late - I know the boards have been swamped with anniversary threads recently, but I can't resist posting yet another...I've been here one year (and a week or two)!

LHC has been wonderful to me - a place full of inspirational people (and their inspirational hair), patient and supportive henna, honey, updo and catnip geniuses (you know who you are), and I'm grateful to each and every one of you for making me feel so at home here.

Many thanks also to the kind words and support I've received in my blog during tough times; I'm so grateful to you lovely people.

My routine? Henna whenever I have the time (unfortunately that works out at about every 2-3 months, I have serious roots right now), I wash about every second day (sometimes with a scalp wash in-between) with diluted shampoo (and a few drops of various hair-happy EOs) or BS, no conditioner (cones or no cones, my hair rejects conditioner), leave-ins are coconut oil (love!) or what started off as my homemade tattoo cream (a recipe containing shea and cocoa butters and various oils). Aloe vera gel for containing frizz. Catnip soaks a couple of times a week. Scalp massages with hair growth/thickening EOs. My hair is up about 98% of the time, in hair sticks, which I could never get to work before LHC!

I never thought I could treat my oily skin with oils, but I love OCM! I now know that baking soda can solve any problem (my friends think I'm nuts because I'm always recommending baking soda for almost any household and beauty task, but there you go) - and these days, almost everything I put on my hair is edible. No wonder it smells "yummy!"

Big hugs and thanks to everyone who has offered me friendship, advice, and support along the way :flowers: :grouphug:

My first pic, after plopping (26th September 07:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/trippywallpaper/Hair26Sept2007.jpg

Hair typing shot, in November 07

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/trippywallpaper/Fingercombedairdry2ndNov.jpg

January of 2008

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/trippywallpaper/Hairlengthshot23108copy.jpg

April 2008 (oily braidwaves)
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/trippywallpaper/DSCN2085-1.jpg

July 08

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/trippywallpaper/DSCN2590.jpg

And finally today, here's my two-tone (henna at the top, old dye at the bottom) waist length hair, that hasn't been trimmed in at least a year (S&D only). It's still a bit wet and in desperate need of a henna, sorry.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/trippywallpaper/DSCN3132-1.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/trippywallpaper/DSCN3134-1.jpg

A more colour accurate shot:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/trippywallpaper/DSCN3149-1.jpg

Thanks for having me, LHC!!!

Much love,

Natalie

Nat242
September 27th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Oh! If it's not too much trouble, I'm taking suggestions for my custom-user title, now that I've been here 12 months. I'd love some input...I was thinking along the lines of "Baking Soda Evangelist", or, as my partner has lovingly dubbed me "Kitchen Witch", because of all my new found love for making any and all products, treatments and remedies myself.

Many thanks :flowers:

Katze
September 27th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Kitchen Witch is cute. You can have it. :D

And your hair is BEAUTIFUL. I love all the different colors, textures, wavinesses (is that a word?) You are an inspiration to the rest of us "barely-wavies"!

What did you do to get those waves in pic 5?

lovely, just lovely!

Katze

Vitalai
September 27th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! I adore your hair color. The different shades...:crush:

Vivien'
September 27th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Hi !
The length you gained is amazing ! The color is very beautiful. I should try henna one day :)

Nat242
September 27th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Thanks Katze! It's nice to hear such sweet words from another barely wavy! Pic 5 waves appear to be from a single dutch braid - I can't remember exactly, but I think that's right. Probably dried overnight.

Thanks, Vitalai! :flowers:

Nat242
September 27th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Thank you Vivien - I always feel like my hair grows very slowly. Henna on those blonde locks of yours? Be prepared for a very bright orange, followed by a fire engine red ;) Could be pretty cool, though.

Vivien'
September 27th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Yes, I know, the color would be strange. It depends on the henna, I suppose. I prefer to keep my blond hair for now ;)

tiny_teesha
September 27th, 2008, 03:14 AM
WOW i have seen you through the whole process, but putting the photos in a row like that WOW the difference!!!!
Can i just say also, that the henna is such a subtle thing that the 2 toned-ness is really gradual. It looks pretty and natural (you know how everyone's ends are always lighter then their roots anyway).
Your hair got to long! It looks amazing, so shiny and healthy! keep it up. I too love making stuff in the kitchen and i think 'kitchen witch' is very cute! You're at hip length now yeah?? amazing.....
I'm gobsmacked i thought you were at waist!

manderly
September 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM
WOOOOHOOOOO to the ACTION shot!

Awesome growth Nat!! I love your henna :D

Teazel
September 27th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Wow, you've made progress! I love that second to last shot, with your hair in motion. Wonderful!

I like "Kitchen Witch", too. :magic:

Elphie
September 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I've always admired the color of your hair in your signature. Your pics look lovely!
Can I put in my vote for "kitchen witch", too? It's cute!

sexyjacksparrow
September 27th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Gosh - your hair is gorgeous!

I love these annversary threads.

DavidN
September 27th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Congratulations on your soon to be one year anniverasry at the LHC, Nat242, and here's to many more years in our community.:toast:

Thank you for sharing these wonderful and inspirational photos, and look at how long, thick, and healthy your hair is! You are blessed with the most beautiful waves.

paper
September 27th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Happy Anniversary Nat242! :flowers:

Congrats on your wonderful growth. The color and waves are very pretty.

Shorty89
September 27th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Wow your hair looks great! I love the colour!

Honigwein
September 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hi!! I do agree you have a beautiful hair!! And henna treatment fits well on you. I love natural blond and red hair or carefully dyed ones, maybe because both things are sooo rare in here! Very nice to see your pictures!

FrannyG
September 27th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Natalie, you've made such beautiful progress. Congratulations! :hollie: I can't wait to see what the next year brings, and thank you, for being a part of LHC. :blossom:

By the way, you know that there can never be too many anniversary threads, don't you? :wink:

arylkin
September 27th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Wow! Your hair has grown so much!!

It looks amazing! :)

WritingPrincess
September 27th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I love all the different shades of red in your hair. It's so pretty!

I like "Baking Soda Evangelist" :D.

NiAosSi
September 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Your growth is amazing! Congrats on your one year. For a second when I saw this thread, I thought you might've been late in another way. I was kind of freaked when I saw it included pics! Silly me!

Aditi
September 27th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Your hairs look lovely.

maskedrose
September 27th, 2008, 10:21 AM
It looks absolutely stunning!! BSL to waist in a year! You lucky, lucky girl :)

I'm also totally in favor of "Kitchen Witch" - its too cute!

Carina
September 27th, 2008, 10:23 AM
You have such beautiful hair and it's so long.Hair envy?No not me:o.Ok ok ok a little envy then lol.:D;)

ole gray mare
September 27th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Congrats, Nat! Your hair has grown so much and looks lovely, healthy, shiny and BEAUTIFUL! :flowers:

RoseRedDead
September 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks great. :flowers:

NeilTheFuzz
September 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous and I am jealous. :D What lovely colour! Who wouldn't want your hair!

Neil

Fireweed
September 27th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Nat, your hair is just Kitchen Witch Beautiful. The colour just lovely.

Bronwyn Grace
September 27th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Congrats! Your hair is STUNNING! I love the color, the waves, everything. Your growth is amazing too.

xrosiex
September 27th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Congratulations on your year anniversary. Your hair is beautiful. Great growth.:)

mellie
September 27th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Very pretty! Happy anniversary Nat242!

lorig713
September 27th, 2008, 04:40 PM
You've made great progress! Your hair is lovely!

Congratulations! :cheer:

manyhorsesmane
September 27th, 2008, 04:44 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NAT242!!! :flowers:

chloeishere
September 27th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Your hair is so, so pretty. :flowers:

I like both Kitchen Witch and Baking Soda Evangelist, so I'm no help at all. :D

longingforlocks
September 27th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Happy anniversary! I absolutely love your color, and I wish I would be gutsy enough to try henna! Right now, though, my hair just needs to grow, grow, grow. I love your taper, and I think it really accents your hair.

Nat242
September 28th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Wow, thanks for the overwhelming response, everyone! Such kind words - and overwhelming support for Kitchen Witch - with WritingPrincess the lone dissenter (:flower: to you WP).

Teesh - you crazy girl, I can't be at hip length, I just arrived at waist ;) Won't be long, I suppose, I am short waisted :D Your comment did make my day, though!

DavidN - the waves are mostly from braids, but thanks for the kind words.

Carina - You'll get there very soon, don't worry!

NeilTheFuzz - Wow, thank you, but no need for jealousy, your own hair is incredible!

NiAosSi - LOL! What an odd interpretation - thank heaven's that's *not* the reason I posted this thread!!

Many thanks also to Teazel, Elphie, Manderly, Sexyjacksparrow, Paper, Shorty89, Honigwein, FrannyG, Aryllkin, Aditi, MaskedRose, OleGrayMare, RoseRedDead, Fireweed, Brownyn_Grace, XrosieX, Mellie, Lorig713, ManyHorsesMane, ChloeIsHere, and LongingForLocks! :grouphug: :flowers:

I hope I didn't miss anyone!

brok3nwings
September 28th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Oh i love this aniversary threads too!! I think they are an inspiration for all and even more for the newbies eheh
Your hair has grown a LOT. Really a LOT in just one year! In the last picture i can see how shiny your hair is and as you are a natural dark colour i think that the two tone looks wonderful. Im sorry...but this is all a way of expressing congratulations!!

Lamb
September 28th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Your hair looks beautiful, I love the color! Awesome growth, too. :)

jessie58
September 28th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Great progress and beautiful hair!

AprilElf
September 28th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Congratulations Nat! It's great having you as a member. You are always so lovely and helpful.
Good to see you hair has enjoyed the benefit of your year here too. :D

winter_star
September 28th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Happy Anniversary Nat242! Your hair has made great progress and the colour is lovely. Oh, and I vote for Kitchen Witch too!

EvaSimone
September 28th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Congrats on your one year anniversary from one two toned LHCer to another!! :flower: Your hair is absolutely lovely and I love your waves!

Indigo Girl
September 28th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Nat your hair is beautiful. :flower:

I :crush: the color; congratulations on your progress!

And you decided on Kitchen Witch, nice! :bluesmile

Amoretti
September 28th, 2008, 07:38 AM
It's been a real pleasure getting to know you over the last year, Natalie. You're a shining light in this community. Thanks for sharing your lovely self with all of us and congrats on your hair too! :happydance:

Nat242
September 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Thank you Brok3nwings, Lamb, Jessie58, winterstar, IndigoGirl, for your kind words and congratulations :flowers:

EvaSimone - Hooray for two-tone hair! :cheer:

AprilElf - Thank you! I've received such amazing advice from everyone here (as you say, my hair is proof!) so I hope I'm occasionally able to pass it along :flower:

Amoretti - Wow, thank you so much, Amoretti. I feel very lucky to be here :flowers:

nisolu
September 29th, 2008, 10:55 AM
You have beautiful hair! I would love to hear some of your baking soda techniques!!

lora410
September 29th, 2008, 12:03 PM
wow simply amazing!!!!! it looks great and the growth is amazing

Eolan
September 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hah, when I first saw the title of the thread I thought that the topic would be moore in the TMI section. :) Your hair belongs in a fairy tale, Nat!

Hurray4Henna
September 29th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Your growth is just awesome Nat!
I love the colour henna gives you, magic.

Shadow Walker
September 29th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Nat, congrats on the anniversary, and congrats on the fantastic growth! Your hair looks stunning. :thud:

Xanthippe
September 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Hah, when I first saw the title of the thread I thought that the topic would be moore in the TMI section. :) Your hair belongs in a fairy tale, Nat!

Hehe, me too. And I was wondering why the thread had pictures :bigeyes:

Your hair has come a long way, Nat! :D I love the color.

dolcevita
September 29th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! What an inspiration - congratulations :D

Robinlyn
September 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! The color is amazing on you! Keep up the great work!!

DarkChocolate
October 10th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I love anniversary postings with photos:)
Your hair looks amazing:) I love your red color and you have gained alot of length:)

Islandgrrl
October 10th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Congrats to you Nat! Happy, gorgeous, wonderful hair!