PDA

View Full Version : hospital blues, thankyou LHC

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 05:42 AM
In hospital with smashed ankle and feeling pretty glum, but for some reason the only internet site I can access on my laptop is LHC so I am grateful for small mercies. During my extended stay here while I wait day after day for an operation to fix some metal to my foot I can at least indulge myself in hair knowledge and meticulous hair care. ;) I plait it at night and sit up in bed in the morning brushing it much to the admiration of the nurses who regularly comment about how lovely it is, which is always a nice thing to hear.
A big Thankyou LHC for keeping me amused during my hospital blues. xxxx:)

Madora
November 23rd, 2014, 05:51 AM
Sorry to read you are in hospital and have such a nasty injury, DragonAngel! I'm glad that at least you can access LHC and find some amusement in a very grim environment! Having just been hospital for 3 days fighting a nasty viral infection, I sure feel for you! I wish I could have accessed LHC but my eyesight is just so crummy I couldn't see the screen well enough (the hospital "skied" the tv way up above an armoire...too far away and up for me to see it properly..not to mention I was not familiar with the touch pad on the tablet...so gave it up after a try or two. Hope you have a swift recovery with as little pain as possible!

Hotrox
November 23rd, 2014, 06:04 AM
Ouch, poor you. Hope your stay goes by quickly and you're home feeling better soon.

Johannah
November 23rd, 2014, 06:43 AM
Hope you feel better soon! :blossom:

Saldana
November 23rd, 2014, 07:42 AM
Ouch, I am sorry to hear that you smashed your ankle! I hope you're not in too much pain right now, and that you recover quickly and heal well. And if LHC was the only site I could get to, I would count myself lucky as well....so much to read, learn, participate in, and such nice people all over the site. :) I think it would even beat out Facebook for me, if I had to choose between one or the other.

:blossom::blossom::puppy::skittles::kitten::sleep: ....<------ Dr. Saldana offers these for your quick recovery: Flowers, puppies, candy, kittens, and lots and lots of rest.

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 08:02 AM
Sorry to read you are in hospital and have such a nasty injury, DragonAngel! I'm glad that at least you can access LHC and find some amusement in a very grim environment! Having just been hospital for 3 days fighting a nasty viral infection, I sure feel for you! I wish I could have accessed LHC but my eyesight is just so crummy I couldn't see the screen well enough (the hospital "skied" the tv way up above an armoire...too far away and up for me to see it properly..not to mention I was not familiar with the touch pad on the tablet...so gave it up after a try or two. Hope you have a swift recovery with as little pain as possible!

oh dear for you too, hope you are much better now ? yes I know what you mean, I do have access to one of those tv's on a long arm that you can pull toward you but its a 'pay to view' tv and I refuse to pay good money for crappy daytime programmes hahaha. The morphine sends me to sleep the rest of the time ;)

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 08:02 AM
Ouch, poor you. Hope your stay goes by quickly and you're home feeling better soon.

thankyou x

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 08:03 AM
Hope you feel better soon! :blossom:

:) thankyou

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 08:06 AM
Ouch, I am sorry to hear that you smashed your ankle! I hope you're not in too much pain right now, and that you recover quickly and heal well. And if LHC was the only site I could get to, I would count myself lucky as well....so much to read, learn, participate in, and such nice people all over the site. :) I think it would even beat out Facebook for me, if I had to choose between one or the other.

:blossom::blossom::puppy::skittles::kitten::sleep: ....<------ Dr. Saldana offers these for your quick recovery: Flowers, puppies, candy, kittens, and lots and lots of rest.

awww bless you thankyou hun, yeah I briefly get a snippet of facebook then it hangs up and the browser goes round in circles for ever but strangely LHC seems unaffected. Yes lots and lots to read. I feel like such a novice on here even though I have had long hair all my life. xx

embee
November 23rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Best wishes for fixing and getting out of there. Hope you have good help lined up for when you go home.

Hope there isn't much pain, sounds like morphine is doing what it's supposed to do: letting you sleep.

Glad you have *something* to look at other than pay-for daytime TV, gee whiz, what a ghastly option.

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
Best wishes for fixing and getting out of there. Hope you have good help lined up for when you go home.

Hope there isn't much pain, sounds like morphine is doing what it's supposed to do: letting you sleep.

Glad you have *something* to look at other than pay-for daytime TV, gee whiz, what a ghastly option.

thankies :) haha yes lovely morphine in a syrupy syringe dose mmmmmm hahaha I know daytime tv sucks, glad I have about 50 movies on my hard drive. and LHC of course !
Going to be a year before I can get back to rollerblades though.

vivianne
November 23rd, 2014, 08:32 AM
Ohhhhh i wish you a quick recovery! And also a lot of good energy! When i was in hospital, i learned new braids - maybe that works for you too?

all the best!!!!

vivianne
November 23rd, 2014, 08:32 AM
double post... grrrr!

ooglipoo
November 23rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
oooooohhhhhh that sucks! I'm sorry your hospitalized. Glad you've got LHC, though!

We have a bunch of game threads you could play around in, too, if you'd like.

Take care and heal quickly! :flower:

lapushka
November 23rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Hope the surgery goes well, and that you get better soon! :grouphug:

Elly May
November 23rd, 2014, 10:08 AM
I am so sorry! I hope you recovery fully and quickly! I messed up my ankle almost 5 years ago and had to have a reconstruction, so I have great sympathy for you.

Blessings....

Stiria
November 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Hope you get better soon!:grouphug: Enjoy your movies and LHC!

nakima
November 23rd, 2014, 03:08 PM
sorry to hear about your injury hopeing all goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery!

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 03:27 PM
Ohhhhh i wish you a quick recovery! And also a lot of good energy! When i was in hospital, i learned new braids - maybe that works for you too?

all the best!!!!

thankyou yes I will be pulling in all the universal energy I can xx

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 03:32 PM

all the best!!!!

thankyou yes I will be pulling in all the universal energy I can xx

embee
November 23rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
Did you hurt yourself rollerblading? Ugh! But if you did rollerblading, then your muscles are strong. That's a grand thing. Of course they won't let you *use* the muscles, what a bummer, but the bones *must* heal. Eat lots of protein, is what I've heard.

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
sorry to hear about your injury hopeing all goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery!

thankyou xxx

DragonAngel
November 23rd, 2014, 03:57 PM
Did you hurt yourself rollerblading? Ugh! But if you did rollerblading, then your muscles are strong. That's a grand thing. Of course they won't let you *use* the muscles, what a bummer, but the bones *must* heal. Eat lots of protein, is what I've heard.

ahh yes i was going to research the best way to repair my bones, yeah i fell backwards with my ankle under me and it crunched into bits. that sloshy feeling when your foot flops about isnt good lol

embee
November 23rd, 2014, 06:48 PM
Yikes, that's hardly an LOL. :( My cousin fell and broke her wrist rollerblading. I've fallen but not broken anything and now that I'm over 70 I've quit skating - my cousin had a retinal detachment and couldn't see worth a darn for a long time, and decided that the lighting (and the disco ball) at the roller rink was not helping her one bit, so we stopped. I miss it. But not enough to go fight the mighty speeding teens all by myself! :D

Beckstar
November 23rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Feel better and hopefully you will be well and home soon.

Laurenji
November 23rd, 2014, 07:47 PM
Oh man, hospitals are the WORST. Hope you feel better soon and are able to get home.

jacqueline101
November 23rd, 2014, 07:54 PM
I do wish you a speedy recovery.

DragonAngel
November 24th, 2014, 04:03 AM
oooooohhhhhh that sucks! I'm sorry your hospitalized. Glad you've got LHC, though!

We have a bunch of game threads you could play around in, too, if you'd like.

Take care and heal quickly! :flower:

oh ok I might look into the game threads thankyou xxx

DragonAngel
November 24th, 2014, 04:07 AM
Yikes, that's hardly an LOL. :( My cousin fell and broke her wrist rollerblading. I've fallen but not broken anything and now that I'm over 70 I've quit skating - my cousin had a retinal detachment and couldn't see worth a darn for a long time, and decided that the lighting (and the disco ball) at the roller rink was not helping her one bit, so we stopped. I miss it. But not enough to go fight the mighty speeding teens all by myself! :D

yes I have to say it has shaken my resolve somewhat and after a year of recovery ahead of me I will probably be quite anxious about taking it up again.

DragonAngel
November 24th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Feel better and hopefully you will be well and home soon.

thankyou xx

DragonAngel
November 24th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Oh man, hospitals are the WORST. Hope you feel better soon and are able to get home.

thankyou Lauren x

DragonAngel
November 24th, 2014, 04:10 AM
I do wish you a speedy recovery.

thankyou x

Federica
November 24th, 2014, 04:19 AM
I think I had the same surgery at my right ankle many years ago, I hurted myself while ice skating, and I really hope you'll be fine soon.
Glad to read that you're able to take care of your hair in this bad situation, it can be a very good distraction!
Best wishes for a fast recovery!

fiğrildi
November 24th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Hope you get well soon :flower:

jacqueline101
November 24th, 2014, 10:59 AM
thankyou x

You're welcome.

DragonAngel
November 27th, 2014, 02:01 AM
I think I had the same surgery at my right ankle many years ago, I hurted myself while ice skating, and I really hope you'll be fine soon.
Glad to read that you're able to take care of your hair in this bad situation, it can be a very good distraction!
Best wishes for a fast recovery!

thankyou Federica , can I ask how long were you out of action ?

DragonAngel
November 27th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Hope you get well soon :flower:

thankyou xx

Angela_Rose
November 27th, 2014, 02:47 AM
Well, if you're only allowed one website, I guess LHC is the one to have!

Good luck with the surgery! Eat lots of calcium and protein, and keep working those muscles. Strong muscles lead to strong bones! Feel better soon, dear.

GrowingOut
November 27th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Here's hoping to a quick recovery! : ]

Federica
November 27th, 2014, 04:05 AM
thankyou Federica , can I ask how long were you out of action ?
Well, my hospital cares were not the best, they put my leg in a cast when I came to the ER, said that I broke my peroneal bone and sent me home, giving me an apointment after two weeks to put the cast off. When I came back, they checked my ankle and told me that I was going to have a surgery because blahblahblah (I was 12, they didn't explain it to me, but I think my cartilage was involved), I've been sedated and woke up with a 4 inches cut and a platinum nail in my leg that sometimes happens to make the security systems ring when I go to the bank.
Years after another MD told me that the type of scar I have and the nail they used indicates an obsolete way to do this surgery, and I think and hope you had yours in endoscopy, and not having your ankle cutted open as I did.
My recovery wasn't the best, I had my leg in a cast for another month and used crutches for another one, but as I said the whole thing was a bit of a mess, as they didn't treat it properly from the beginning.
Let us know how it is going!
And forgive my english, I'm not a native speaker and medical language is really out of my capabilities!

DragonAngel
November 27th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Well, if you're only allowed one website, I guess LHC is the one to have!

Good luck with the surgery! Eat lots of calcium and protein, and keep working those muscles. Strong muscles lead to strong bones! Feel better soon, dear.

thankyou sweety xx I will

DragonAngel
November 27th, 2014, 04:28 AM
Well, my hospital cares were not the best, they put my leg in a cast when I came to the ER, said that I broke my peroneal bone and sent me home, giving me an apointment after two weeks to put the cast off. When I came back, they checked my ankle and told me that I was going to have a surgery because blahblahblah (I was 12, they didn't explain it to me, but I think my cartilage was involved), I've been sedated and woke up with a 4 inches cut and a platinum nail in my leg that sometimes happens to make the security systems ring when I go to the bank.
Years after another MD told me that the type of scar I have and the nail they used indicates an obsolete way to do this surgery, and I think and hope you had yours in endoscopy, and not having your ankle cutted open as I did.
My recovery wasn't the best, I had my leg in a cast for another month and used crutches for another one, but as I said the whole thing was a bit of a mess, as they didn't treat it properly from the beginning.
Let us know how it is going!
And forgive my english, I'm not a native speaker and medical language is really out of my capabilities!

ahhh well atleast at twelve you heal very fast, I also have had a cut about 5" long to insert a plate and a couple of screws so time will tell i guess. I dont have a cast just a black plastic space boot in which I am supposed to wear when I am up and about and I am also supposed to try to put weight on it to aid physio recovery