PDA

View Full Version : Bought myself a LHC anniversary present !!!! And a question?

abauer789
November 21st, 2014, 09:04 AM
:happydance:
In honor of my one year LHC joining anniversary, I just purchased an official Ficcare hair toy! I am so darn excited!
It is also a toy present to myself for growing out my natural hair color and now I am on the road to growing out some of my layers and length. Though I have to admit the weather has a lot to do with me placing the order today.
One word....STATIC!
How do you other fine haired ladies manage the static in your hair? I am not feeling comfortable with the dryer sheet to hair method. I am not sure why but the chemicals in those dryers sheets making direct contact with my hair worries me.
Other than wearing it up everyday - which when I get this fine hair toy I may wish to do :disco:anyways does anyone have any suggestions?

Kina
November 21st, 2014, 09:10 AM
:happydance:
In honor of my one year LHC joining anniversary, I just purchased an official Ficcare hair toy! I am so darn excited!
It is also a toy present to myself for growing out my natural hair color and now I am on the road to growing out some of my layers and length. Though I have to admit the weather has a lot to do with me placing the order today.
One word....STATIC!
How do you other fine haired ladies manage the static in your hair? I am not feeling comfortable with the dryer sheet to hair method. I am not sure why but the chemicals in those dryers sheets making direct contact with my hair worries me.
Other than wearing it up everyday - which when I get this fine hair toy I may wish to do :disco:anyways does anyone have any suggestions?

I use a oil and gel in my hair, it's been working for me. My hair is the type that will float up and molest the people around me, so it was pretty important that I find a way to manage that :)

Also, what did you get? I love ficcares :)

Quasiquixotic
November 21st, 2014, 09:16 AM
congratulations!! I'm so excited for your new pretty. However, I'm a little lacking in the advice department.

abauer789
November 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the congrats!!! :)
I got a size small Maximas Clip described as Acetate Yellow Tokyo. It is a really pretty brownish and yellow tortoise shell like design. My hair is chestnut/golden brown. I hope it looks good :joy:
I don't know where to buy them other than online...so I have to be patient now waiting for its arrival.
Thanks for the advise on the gel and oil, Kina, how to do you apply them without your hair appearing greasy?

amanda_the_tall
November 21st, 2014, 10:26 AM
I find extra moisture helps with static, but I can't find an amount of oil to leave in without it looking stringy. So I do a pre-wash oiling, so most of it rinses out, or I use a heavier conditioner on the lengths. Sally's has a fantastic cone-free conditioner that is a knock-off of Matrix's biolage conditioning balm. I've used the brand kind and Sally's, Sally's is thicker, but the brand smells better, but not worth paying all the extra money for.

lazuliblue
November 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM
I have found that using a wooden hairbrush and oiling with coconut oil means that I barely have any static now. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Kina
November 21st, 2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the congrats!!! :)
I got a size small Maximas Clip described as Acetate Yellow Tokyo. It is a really pretty brownish and yellow tortoise shell like design. My hair is chestnut/golden brown. I hope it looks good :joy:
I don't know where to buy them other than online...so I have to be patient now waiting for its arrival.
Thanks for the advise on the gel and oil, Kina, how to do you apply them without your hair appearing greasy?

It should look lovely :) If you can. please post action shots, I haven't seen many of those and think they're lovely.

So, there is a thread around that is dedicated to this method. I'll try to find it for you. In a nutshell, I spray water on my hair at night before going to bed, I put maybe 2-3 drops of almond oil on my hands, enough to make them shine, but not soaking, and put it on the length of my hair from the ears down, concentrating on the ends. After that, I add some gel, clip it up to sleep, and in the morning shake out my hair and go. It's the only method I've found that leaves my waves and curls intact and for the first time in my life, my hair looks decent without having to wet and style.

Kina
November 21st, 2014, 10:41 AM
Here you go http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167

Stormynights
November 21st, 2014, 11:16 AM
I put coconut oil in my shampoo. It works for me.

MsPharaohMoan
November 21st, 2014, 07:24 PM
I learned the hard way to never use saliva to de static hair. And water doesn't usually work for me either. Drier (sp) sheets rock but idk what's in them, and anti-static sprays the same. Other than a lotion, cream or oil, I realized... Static will come and go. I purposefully try to ignore it now and haven't had as much problems for the past two winters.

abauer789
November 22nd, 2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks everyone, for the advise and well wishes!
Kina, I will post action shots :) !! I can't wait !

GetMeToWaist
November 22nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
Using cones used to help me with that, but i stopped because of the buildup and i was COing.

Sharysa
November 22nd, 2014, 11:42 AM
Plastic combs will frequently cause static. When I switched to wood and horn combs, I've never had to deal with static anymore.

Nini
November 22nd, 2014, 11:46 AM
My staticky hair got a lot better when I switched to SLS-free shampoo, and ditched the brush. I only use combs now.

I also wear slippers inside, and I don't have wall to wall carpets. Whenever I'm around those, in socks, I get a lot worse.

abauer789
November 23rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks friends for all the good advice! I am going to begin trying these methods. :)