PDA

View Full Version : Greasy hair from COing...

GetMeToWaist
November 20th, 2014, 12:34 PM
The day after I CO (I wash at night), my hair is perfectly clean. But the next day... It looks greasy. There's no buildup, its just... Too moisturised at the roots. With shampoo i washed every 4 days, but COing makes me want to wash every other day. I just think it looks disgusting walking around with greasy hair.

i've been COing for two months now. And dry shampoo really irritates my scalp :( any help?

kganihanova
November 20th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Stop COing. It ain't working for you.

Johannah
November 20th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Stop COing. It ain't working for you.

This. Maybe you could try SLS-free shampoos.

Anje
November 20th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Could just be that your conditioner of choice is too moisturizing. For CO, most folks use something pretty lightly conditioning, since they're not getting the drying effects of shampoo. Switch it up. Or clarify and go back to CO with what you're using, and see if it stretches longer.

spidermom
November 20th, 2014, 12:44 PM
CO done once gives me lovely hair without flyaways sticking up all over the place. Done twice and I get limp, dull hair.

What works for me is diluting shampoo in a squirt bottle, then shaking well and washing my scalp with the solution, letting the suds run through the length in the rinse. I get more fly-aways than with CO, but that's the only down side. I can reliably go 3 days without washing again, sometimes 4.

Larki
November 20th, 2014, 12:48 PM
It just doesn't work for some people. It works wonderfully for me, makes my hair so sleek, clean and silky and lets me stretch washes to every 2-3 days. Perhaps you're using the wrong conditioner, though?

Gertrude
November 20th, 2014, 12:52 PM
CO done once gives me lovely hair without flyaways sticking up all over the place. Done twice and I get limp, dull hair.

What works for me is diluting shampoo in a squirt bottle, then shaking well and washing my scalp with the solution, letting the suds run through the length in the rinse. I get more fly-aways than with CO, but that's the only down side. I can reliably go 3 days without washing again, sometimes 4.

My experience exactly. CO washing didn't help me. I CWC and the W is with diluted shampoo like Spidermom described, and I get at least three days out of it. I was a daily washer with greasy hair at the end less than a year ago.......

spidermom
November 20th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I tried a number of conditioners before I gave up on CO. Some were worse and made my hair looked bad right away. If I could go a day as described above, that was a good conditioner.

lapushka
November 20th, 2014, 02:18 PM
The day after I CO (I wash at night), my hair is perfectly clean. But the next day... It looks greasy. There's no buildup, its just... Too moisturised at the roots. With shampoo i washed every 4 days, but COing makes me want to wash every other day. I just think it looks disgusting walking around with greasy hair.

i've been COing for two months now. And dry shampoo really irritates my scalp :( any help?

Maybe CO scalp only? Or CO on the scalp & shampoo the lengths with a sulfate-free shampoo. It might just work.

Quahatundightu
November 20th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I'm another one it just doesn't work for. I can go 2 days if it's a really light conditioner but after that I need some shampoo or I get a greasy, itchy scalp and limp hair. I have tried it many times over the years and I always come back to CWC or WC because it lasts 4 days or more without greasinrss. There's nothing wrong with a little shampoo if CO doesn't work - your hair will be better off with a less greasy less irritated scalp. By all means experiment with other conditioners if you want to, but CWC is still very protective of hair and works well for people who can't CO.