PDA

View Full Version : Make bangs from your hair.

lapushka
November 20th, 2014, 07:54 AM
This is how:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmOB9_WnWM

She actually makes bangs out of her long hair, and then creates some styles from it. Awesome!

höpönasu
November 20th, 2014, 08:05 AM
That's so clever! I'm definitely going to try that. That's also a great way to fool your friends "look, my bangs grew out in one night". :laugh:

Johannah
November 20th, 2014, 08:37 AM
That's genius!

Catatafish
November 20th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I'm definitely going to try this. I've been thinking about trying out those clip in fringes, but this is better.

Lis
November 20th, 2014, 10:02 AM
I have tried that before but my ends are lighter than the rest of my hair so even with a scarf wrap it turns out looking a little off. Hmmmm.

captaincrunch
November 20th, 2014, 11:04 AM
I tried to follow the tutorial just now. It turned out awful on my hair. The reason is that this only works if your hair does NOT have fairy tail ends. The ends need to be even. Most tutorials with young good looking girls don't work for me. Haha.

It's neat idea though. Maybe someone with thick even ends, on here, can make it work.

LadyCelestina
November 20th, 2014, 11:09 AM
That's pretty clever,though the teasing and flat ironing the ends = :shudder:

lapushka
November 20th, 2014, 01:56 PM
That's pretty clever,though the teasing and flat ironing the ends = :shudder:

Yeah well, just ignore that. ;) She also says very clearly you don't have to do the teasing. :)

Wosie
November 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
lapushka, Thank you so much for sharing this video! It made my evening. :3 I love bangs, but I cannot have them (due to my eczema and the creams I have to use every night), and this is a perfect solution! <3

lapushka
November 20th, 2014, 02:11 PM
You guys are welcome! I thought it was such a neat idea!!! :D

Ingrid
November 20th, 2014, 02:45 PM
That's neat! Too bad my hair ends right now are split, thin, orange and straw-like :lol:

Aurum
November 20th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I found a similar video a while ago and tried it sans teasing/flat ironing, with cute but terrible results. I had a good laugh but I'd never go out of the house with them. :)

mira-chan
November 21st, 2014, 09:22 PM
Cute, unfortunately wouldn't work for me. I could probably get away without the flat ironing but my ends are way too thin for this and the rest of the hair is way too long to tuck way. I'd love to see how someone with past hip length hair figures out how to tuck the extra hair way.

RachelRose
December 25th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Bless you lapushka :) I look at pictures of bangs all the time and picture myself as sincerely jules or Zooey deschanel lol but alas bangs aren't the best look for me . I can now live vicariously through this hairstyle and go back to my normal hair the same day :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 25th, 2014, 08:54 PM
This is really clever, I must try it. I love bangs in principle, but in reality on me they curl themselves in very unflattering ways. But, good for a change and at least they are there one minute and gone the next.

GoblinTart
December 26th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Whoohoo! My bangs issue solved! A way to try them out before making a decision!

Ferngear
December 26th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Cute, unfortunately wouldn't work for me. I could probably get away without the flat ironing but my ends are way too thin for this and the rest of the hair is way too long to tuck way. I'd love to see how someone with past hip length hair figures out how to tuck the extra hair way.

I have tail-bone length! I need to try this! I had bangs until I was 27 and have been missing them lately. I won't go back to them, not with the trimming and the fluffing and the two/three day bang's-only washes (because they picked up the oils from my skin while the rest of my hair was okay). I have fairy ends which are way lighter in color than my crown. It'll probably look awful, but I want to play with it!

Ferngear
December 26th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Yeah... no. Fail. Just tried it in the bathroom mirror and not only were my ends no where close to even enough to pull it off, the color variation (never dyed, just natural) made it look like I had a cheap toupee. :rolleyes: Oh, well.

Jennah
December 26th, 2014, 03:55 AM
She actually makes bangs out of her long hair, and then creates some styles from it. Awesome!

That´s so super cool!!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

Komao
January 3rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
This is how:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmOB9_WnWM

Thanks lapushka, I love it! Growing out bangs and they are almost chin length. I do however love bangs with certain hair styles. Now I have the best of both worlds. :)

I just found this one and like it, too.
http://youtu.be/pBrEiIJqPrI

Well I went on a campaign looking videos and now I've found this. It's my favorite for my hair but I don't own a curling iron. I do have a set of electric curlers and I think I could use them very quickly.
http://youtu.be/shNSCJIX66o

Stray_mind
January 9th, 2015, 12:39 PM
It probs works best with thick straight hair :D But then maybe i'll try it someday...

Kendrix
January 9th, 2015, 01:19 PM
I'd like to try this, but my ends are more gold than the rest of my hair and I don't want to use a flat iron. Any Non-iron tips? I was thinking perhaps spray bottle?

meteor
January 9th, 2015, 02:02 PM
I'd like to try this, but my ends are more gold than the rest of my hair and I don't want to use a flat iron. Any Non-iron tips? I was thinking perhaps spray bottle?

Yes, I'd spray some water on those ends/"faux bangs" and comb them in place with a fine-tooth comb once you've placed and pinned them. :)