PDA

View Full Version : Growing pixie to bob!

Bettina
November 14th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Hello! I'm growing out a pixie that I had cut just over three months ago. It seems kinda weird being on the long hair community forums when I have such short hair, but I'm loving the inspiration to grow it.

Would love to see some pics of others going through this process - we can keep each other motivated to avoid going the chop again!

BonnieU
November 14th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Great idea! I love hair of all lengths and it's always cool to see pics :hifive:

battles
November 14th, 2014, 06:40 PM
This thread might be interesting to you. :flower:

Any Super-Shorties Out There??? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405&page=1132)

Lyv
November 15th, 2014, 05:03 AM
I've been growing my pixie for 10 months now and I just hit shoulder in the back (just a little further for the front!) def check out the super shorties thread!

browneyedsusan
November 15th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Been there! I joined while I was still pixied too!
I need to update my growth album! Feel free to have a snoop through. (I grew without trimming, and just pinned it up 24/7 for months on end. No one knew it was a shaggy mess, because they were all dazzled by the variety of half-ups! It was very awkward for a long time, but I just pinned it up and tried to pretend it was lovely. :lala: )

LauraLongLocks
November 15th, 2014, 12:02 PM
I did the opposite of BrownEyedSusan when I grew my pixie out. I kept the mullet trimmed back and wore it down. My signature line has a link to my photobucket album with all my length photos from pixie to now. Feel free to look around.

My advice is to do whatever you need to do to love your hair at this length. If that means trimming it back, then trim. If it means keeping it up, then keep it up. If it means heat, then use heat. You can cut the damage off later if need be. Life is too short to not love your hair at every length.

JellyBene
November 15th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Yes there's lots of great inspiration on the super shorties thread! I've been growing mine out since May, I've been trimming the back and now the fronts are just at the bottom of my ears. A couple more months to a bob!