PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy Hair - Over moisturized?

pearlsandpinups
November 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Earlier this week I did a gelatin protein treatment (Gelatin in some milk with an egg, basically) and my hair was just amazing! Sleek and lovely and shiny and so soft! It hadn't looked that good in a while.

Well yesterday I decided to balance out the protein with some moisture and did the caramel treatment. It took several washes to get it all out (My hair looked greasy!) and today my hair feels soo soft... But it's REALLY fluffy. It doesn't look pretty and healthy (At least not compared to the protein treatment) even though it feels it, it just looks like frizzy fluff. Is this a sign of being overmoisturized? Should I stick to protein treatments for my hair?

Thanks everyone! :)

Johannah
November 14th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I got the same thing at the beginning of 2014. For me, the cause was over moisturized hair. I started using a conditioner with hydrolyzed keratin (4th ingredient) and it fixed everything. Until this day, I still use it every time I wash my hair.

If your hair likes protein treatments, go for it. If your hair has enough protein, it'll let you know. Good luck.

pearlsandpinups
November 15th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Thank you, Johannah! :) I'm going to do another gelatin treatment tomorrow to see if my hair returns to how lovely and sleek it was earlier last week. :) I've just been wearing it up since it became a fluff!