PDA

View Full Version : Bangs or no bangs, which look do you like better on me ? (Pic included)

UltraBella
November 14th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Hello Everyone, I have to make a hair decision soon so I wanted to ask your opinion. I've scheduled an appointment to cut bangs and add a few darker foils around my face. To help me decide I pinned some of my own hair as if they were bangs and took photos. I like both looks but I'm leaning towards bangs at the moment. (That could change tomorrow, lol !) I've had bangs on and off over the years and I always enjoyed them but I would get bored and grow them out, then bored again and cut them short again. When I don't have bangs the hair drives me nuts hanging next to my face and I tend to always pin it back, so that's one of the main reasons I'm leaning towards bangs. My hair grows quickly so it's easy to grow them out and I don't mind styling them every day, I can do it with my heated round brush in a couple minutes. I really just want to know if I look better with them or without.

Which look do you prefer on me ? Keep in mind that the bang photo is just pinned hair and actual bangs will look even better :)

Have you had bangs that you loved ? Hated ? Do you have bangs now ?

Here's my photo, thank you for looking.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/a045612e-0b01-4d99-a1cd-2a948fab3833_zpsce01adf3.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/a045612e-0b01-4d99-a1cd-2a948fab3833_zpsce01adf3.jpg.html)

And here's how I typically wear it when I'm not at work, it's cute but gets a bit boring and it also looks a lot like my 18yr old daughter wears her hair, lol. Sorry the photo is so huge !

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/289bba2f-1d8f-412f-9969-0f567238e568_zps5c745798.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/289bba2f-1d8f-412f-9969-0f567238e568_zps5c745798.jpg.html)

LadyCelestina
November 14th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Both are pretty but the one with bangs looks more interesting there is more movement and detail around your face.With bangs,it's always like that - you fluctuate between growing them out and cutting them back.If you want them,go for them.

iluvbooks
November 14th, 2014, 01:29 AM
I think you're pretty with both styles, but I kind of like the bangs more, because you look a bit like Jennifer Garner with them. Cute :)

Wosie
November 14th, 2014, 02:26 AM
I also think you look the best with bangs, but then I'm pretty partial to them (sadly I can't have them myself). To me, bangs tend to make the wearer look softer, sweeter and younger. You already have all of those characteristics, but the bangs accentuate them even more. :D
I asked my DBF and he immediately said "without", but he's against bangs on everybody. So with us two you get pretty subjective opinions on this. :o

Begemot
November 14th, 2014, 05:29 AM
You look great with bangs UltraBella :) So I vote for them.

I had bangs and liked them but eventually grew them out. My favorite hair dresser quit her job and she was the only one who could cut my bangs just the way I wanted them. Didn't like those regulars trims and all the styiling too much either.

fiðrildi
November 14th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Generally, I always prefer the look of no-fringe hairstyles. But you look very pretty with bangs (even if you look beautiful with the hair pulled back as well), go for them! They really suit you :)

Mustang Suzy
November 14th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I like the look with bangs the best. Both photos are pretty, but the bangs add a softness and draw attention to your eyes.

katielea
November 14th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I'm going to go against the grain and vote no bangs. You have such a beautiful hairline, you shouldn't cover it up with bangs. Also I think bangs are a little higher maintenance than no bangs.

ZeppHead
November 14th, 2014, 06:44 AM
I would keep the bangs because they look good on you and you have that option to pin them back. Both looks look really great on you. You're lucky! I look better without but I love bangs. My life was easier without them though so go with whats easiest for you. You would look just as lovely with no bangs as the first picture proves and no bangs are lower maintaince and less fuss. Geez I could go back and forth all day I'm a gemini and I can't make a decision to save my life. They both fit your face nicely!

Majorane
November 14th, 2014, 08:12 AM
1) YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
2) I like the nobangs better! You have amazing volume to oomph up the face framing layers, which is instant class and quasinonchi chique!
3) But it's a close tie, as bangs also look Really Good on you.
4) Also if you do go for bangs, they might already bring a bit of darkness to your face, color wise I mean. Maybe keep the darker foils you're planning on the lighter side? Or you ask for dark ones for maximum effect and many comments on your métamorphose.

Majorane
November 14th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Wait, I just read something I missed the first time-HOW CAN YOU HAVE AN 18 YEAR OLD KID?! Okay, your age is none of my business but you did NOT look like a mum of an 18 year old. Do you wash your face with fresly ground unicorns every day and live off spinach roots and sunshine pee?
Sorry for the creep factor but I needed to say this. I am in real life very harmless and not a creep.

Larki
November 14th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Go for the bangs!

StellaKatherine
November 14th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I actually really like the bangs look! You look so fresh and young with them! But to be honest I love a no bangs as well :D You are truly beautiful ! :crush:

jacqueline101
November 14th, 2014, 09:30 AM
I love your hair with or without bangs. I do think the bangs are Jennifer garnier like. I do love that hair cut.

momschicklets
November 14th, 2014, 09:40 AM
I'm going to add a vote for "no bangs." I think your lovely eyes, eyebrows and strong cheekbones are enhanced without the bangs. Having said that, you're beautiful either way :)

iYaap
November 14th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Wow how do you make such beautiful pictures of yourself?

Dickiebow
November 14th, 2014, 09:54 AM
You can pull off either look. And I agree that you look a bit like Jennifer Garner with the fringe. Your skin is amazing - I definitely wouldn't want to cover that up. So I suppose I'm edging towards no fringe. But really you look fab either way.

mira-chan
November 14th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I personally think no bangs looks a bit better. Both look great but no bangs seems to brighten up your face a bit, at least in the pictures.

spidermom
November 14th, 2014, 10:14 AM
You can't go wrong, it seems, but I really like the bangs.

UltraBella
November 14th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Wait, I just read something I missed the first time-HOW CAN YOU HAVE AN 18 YEAR OLD KID?! Okay, your age is none of my business but you did NOT look like a mum of an 18 year old. Do you wash your face with fresly ground unicorns every day and live off spinach roots and sunshine pee?
Sorry for the creep factor but I needed to say this. I am in real life very harmless and not a creep.

You made me laugh so hard ! Yes, I have a daughter who will soon be 19, I will be 39 on my next birthday :)

Thanks for the responses, Everyone, I'm still leaning towards bangs. I especially like the idea of making them darker like in the photo for a bit of color near my face. I was actually glad I didn't have bangs earlier, I had to wear a hat outside and I would have had to pin the bangs back or let the hat smash them. However, there aren't that many days that are this bitterly cold so I seldom wear a hat.

UltraBella
November 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Wow how do you make such beautiful pictures of yourself?

All three photos were taken with my iPhone, I just make sure I take them in a room with plenty of natural light, that's all you need :)

share801
November 14th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Honestly, you look great either way. We are expecting an "after" picture when its all done!

Nadine <3
November 14th, 2014, 11:46 AM

I'm sorry this just made me laugh like a fool because I was thinking the same thing! You are freaking GORGEOUS!

I vote no bangs, I think that looks best on you...but seriously I think you could probably pull off a mullet if you wanted to...

Johannah
November 14th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Both look stunning. And like others already said, you are gorgeous. Wow.

pearlsandpinups
November 14th, 2014, 01:42 PM
You're so pretty! :D I myself prefer the no-bang look but that's just me! :)

UltraBella
November 14th, 2014, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry this just made me laugh like a fool because I was thinking the same thing! You are freaking GORGEOUS!

I vote no bangs, I think that looks best on you...but seriously I think you could probably pull off a mullet if you wanted to...

I'm pretty sure I had a mullet around 4th grade, thanks to my mom.
:shocked:

Nadine <3
November 14th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I had a mullet around 4th grade, thanks to my mom.
:shocked:

So did I!:laugh:

lapushka
November 14th, 2014, 04:36 PM
The bangs look a little softer, and more flowy. Still, I prefer no bangs. It's just... I don't like bangs on myself either. I wear glasses and glasses and bangs are a royal PITA. :lol:

UltraBella
November 14th, 2014, 05:02 PM
The bangs look a little softer, and more flowy. Still, I prefer no bangs. It's just... I don't like bangs on myself either. I wear glasses and glasses and bangs are a royal PITA. :lol:

I wear glasses too sometimes. I had not thought of this..........

Beckstar
November 14th, 2014, 06:20 PM
You look banging with bangs.

hennalonghair
November 14th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I agree. You are gorgeous so can wear your hair either way but you do look like Jennifer Garner. Super cute!!
You look like a model.
Good luck either way.

Larki
November 14th, 2014, 07:29 PM
This isn't a universal truth, though, I have bangs and glasses and never even knew people had trouble with them until I saw people complain on LHC.

Caldonia Sun
November 14th, 2014, 08:04 PM
As one who has had bangs for years, they are annoying and just too hard to grow back out. But having said that, you look beautiful with or without bangs. I may prefer the no bangs look because you have such a beautiful hairline.

Undomiel
November 14th, 2014, 08:38 PM
I think you look beautiful either way (...like modelesque stunning)! If you don't mind the maintenance of bangs and you like them then go for it :)

Sparklylady82
November 14th, 2014, 08:49 PM
You can pull off both but I like you without bangs best :-) You are stunning both ways though and you are my hair twin! Do you blowdry and curl with an iron to get your look? You are very pretty! Please update with a photo of your new bangs if you go for it! The good thing about hair is it grows back SOOO you might as well try it!

McFearless
November 14th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Hair grows and in your case quickly so why not experiment with bangs? They look good choppy and blend in well with your hair texture too.

UltraBella
November 14th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Next Thursday morning is my bang appointment, I'm going for it !
I know the annoyance of growing bangs out has been mentioned several times but it's honestly very easy for me. I don't even know when I stopped having bangs and last grew them out, it just kinda happened. Once they get too long to wear over my forehead I just style them to the side and they naturally have so much volume that they just swoop over without any issues. It looks the same whether they are nose length or chin length after that.
It's just a couple years ago that I decided to grow out an inverted bob, so bangs seem pretty mild yet have a big fun factor :)

UltraBella
November 14th, 2014, 11:39 PM
My last post got me curious so I went through my iPhone photos to see when I last had short bangs. It was mid November of last year when I cut them short, they didn't even touch my eyebrows when dry. I wore them like that for a few months, wore them long and swept to the side for several months after that. Then they just kind of went away, lol. I've had them trimmed four times since then but just to shape things nicely.

iluvbooks
November 15th, 2014, 01:45 AM

I just spit out my drink, lol! :eyebrows:

vega
November 15th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Beautiful locks and I love the color

patienceneeded
November 15th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Bangs will look great on you Ultrabella! Post pics before and after the appointment please!

DreamSheep
November 15th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Usually I'm a bangs person, but I think your face looks absolutely gorgeous without them. :) So you could keep growing them out, and either pin in fake bangs, or pin your hair in a different way to turn your hair into ends.
That said, you look beautiful both ways, it is just my opinion.

Wavelength
November 15th, 2014, 10:50 AM

I wish I could give this post a bazillion likes! :grin: You forgot to ask her if she bathed in rainbows and the morning dew from magical rosepetals, although I'm sure she does that too.

But yeah, that's UltraBella -- she just won the good genes lottery.

UltraBella, just do whatever you want. You look great both ways. You could slather your hair in mud and stick random branches and rocks in it, and you'd still look amazing! :p

Agnes Hannah
November 15th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Bangs! and you have seriously gorgeous eyes!

UltraBella
November 15th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I wish I could give this post a bazillion likes! :grin: You forgot to ask her if she bathed in rainbows and the morning dew from magical rosepetals, although I'm sure she does that too.

But yeah, that's UltraBella -- she just won the good genes lottery.

UltraBella, just do whatever you want. You look great both ways. You could slather your hair in mud and stick random branches and rocks in it, and you'd still look amazing! :p

You all crack me up. I don't look THAT young ! I have been mistaken for the older sister instead of the mom before, that really amuses my daughter because she thinks I'm pretty old, lol.

lapushka
November 15th, 2014, 01:04 PM
This isn't a universal truth, though, I have bangs and glasses and never even knew people had trouble with them until I saw people complain on LHC.

Most glasses reach up to the eyebrows. So either you suffer with your bangs falling in and over your glasses all the time, or you keep your bangs really super short.

spidermom
November 15th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I have bangs and glasses, and I don't see the problem. Like you Ultrabella, I don't find having bangs or growing them out a hassle at all. Of course some days they can't be styled like I want, but that's true of hair any length.

Larki
November 15th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Most glasses reach up to the eyebrows. So either you suffer with your bangs falling in and over your glasses all the time, or you keep your bangs really super short.

I do neither. I keep my bangs eyebrow-length.

Wavelength
November 15th, 2014, 06:57 PM
You all crack me up. I don't look THAT young ! I have been mistaken for the older sister instead of the mom before

Hmm, I think you just contradicted yourself there. :wink:

Calaelen
November 15th, 2014, 08:03 PM
First off, Yay! It is great to see you again! Welcome back :blossom: I think the bangs looks great on you, and as your hair grows quickly there is little reason to not just GO FOR IT!

UltraBella
November 16th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Hi, Calaelen !!! I've missed you !!

Anabell
November 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I would vote for the bangs. The both looks suit you, though. I had side bangs once and I loved them, but they require daily styling and I was lazy so I grew them out. i also hated the in-between stage when the bangs too long and get in the eyes but too short to kept in the ponytail so that kept me from doing that again. But if you don't mind daily style them- go for the bangs. They cute and add interest for every hair style. You are lucky to have your hair grow so fast. Enjoy it and switch between hairstyles as much as you want :)

DarleneH
November 16th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I can't wait to see this! You said your appointment is next Thursday, right?

UltraBella
November 16th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Yes, Thursday is the day !