PDA

View Full Version : Ugh the horror! + pictures and a rock concert hair question!

Dovetail
November 13th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Wowza! So many questions for you all!!

Firstly, http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/LostDove/D80702BA-8B7F-428F-B491-D6D0082647D0_zpsfu1hibvi.jpg
im very nearly at my mini goal of BCL!! I have one bit that if I tug on it will reach!

secondly, THE STATIC!!! My hair is just disgusting. I rinsed with cold water, and used alma oil on the ends but still fluff-puff-POOF! Do any of you have some advice to help with the static? Besides turning off the heater.

thirdly, I won tickets to see slipknot/korn in concert, and I'm trying to think of a hair do. I was thinking maybe like Largertha with the braided sides with little chains woven in and a poof on top, but I can't ever get my hair to stay teased when I try. I backcomb it (just my bangs so far) then I hair spray it and smooth the top - 5 minutes later and it's flat and straight and smooth again. Do I need some other type of product? I don't mind roughing it a bit for this since I'm so Nice to it all year.

jacqueline101
November 13th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Take a dryer sheet rub it down your hair roots to ends I did this as a kid works great. The hair do suggestion I can't help on exactly except try YouTube. YouTube is my go to for help.

Wavelength
November 13th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Buy a wooden comb. Most of my static issues vanished when I ditched the plastic and started using only wood. There are also brushes with wooden bristles.

gustavonut
November 13th, 2014, 07:18 PM
First of all, holy crap! That sounds like the best concert ever!!(in my opinion)
And yes. I second the wood comb idea. I have one that I bought on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/240543954
And it is just magical ;)
And for a hairdo tip.. It always depends if it's going to be inside or not. If the concert is outside then I suggest doing a normal bun or something like that and a hat over that. (Only if it's cold..if not then I'm not sure!)
Inside, I say do something cute like braided pigtails!
Good luck and have fun at the concert! I wish I could go D:

ghost
November 13th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Amazing hair!

Lagertha's hair would be the perfect concert style, IMHO. If it's not poofing enough, maybe try making the French or Dutch braid in the center, and then teasing some of the hair out of that? Sometimes that will give you more volume.

fiğrildi
November 14th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Doing a final rinse after washing, with apple cider vinegar and cold water (as much cold as you can stand it), helps a lot with the frizz, and keeps hair looking smooth and shiny.
About the hairstyle, I agree that a Lagertha style would look really nice. Have fun at the concert! :)

kdaniels8811
November 14th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Try dry shampoo at the temples and top scalp for volume. Gently massage in, do not brush out. Works great for my thin hair.

cat11
November 14th, 2014, 08:24 AM
if you're going to be moshing and stuff I'd go with a braided bun secured by those little claw clips. That holds really well. Or a folded single braid.

ZeppHead
November 14th, 2014, 08:32 AM
I was going to say two dutch braids would be cute but the above poster reminded me a bun could be a better idea...for the sake of your hair. Beautiful hair by the way. For the static I second the dryer sheet idea. I've heard they do the job though I've never tried it myself. Have fun!! :)

Verdandi
November 14th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Very nice hair! And that sounds like an awesome concert!

Hairstyle-wise I don't have much of a suggestion, as I wear mine down to metal concerts, but for the poof, I'd suggest a dutch or french braid started at the forehead, if you tug on it a little, you can create a lot of poof that STAYS, especially with some dry shampoo or spray.

lapushka
November 14th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Buy a wooden comb. Most of my static issues vanished when I ditched the plastic and started using only wood. There are also brushes with wooden bristles.

I no longer have plastic combs, but I find for the static, bone combs work just as well, and they can at least get wet! :)

Zebra Fish
November 14th, 2014, 03:12 PM
For the static - the only thing that helped me was getting a horn comb.

As for hair style, the only thing that keeps my hair in place is a cinnamon bun with 2 (or more) claw clips. But I never tried that on a concert, with all the jumping and (potential) headbanging. My problem is sensitive scalp, so I can't abuse the claw clips, but I keep the solution only for when I really need it, like running, climbing, riding... Other than that, I'm of no use here -.- Even braids "slide" on me, so after half an hour I mostly have a loosen braid near head and squeezed near the end.

Have fun on the concert! :cool:

JellyBene
November 14th, 2014, 03:34 PM
For static i have heard you can run a dryer sheet over your hair. I haven't personally tried it but worth a shot! and as for teasing hair, it definitely is pretty difficult without layers. and having really fine hair doesn't help either (I do know that from experience!). I've only teased my own hair once in the past 3 years but being a hairstylist I have teased many client't hair and I've found with the fine hair it helps to break it down into sections. Even in the bangs, just start with quarter inch slices and tease each one and spray it separately, that should help