PDA

View Full Version : How Long is Long Enough?

murphy
March 20th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Hello All...just want to ask your opinions about how long a guy should let his hair grow? I'm tall, about 6'8" and decided to let 'er grow. Hair's just touching my shoulders now...been growing it out for about a year and a half. I really like it long but want to get your ideas about how long is long for a guy. Thanks, Mike

Feisty Redhead
March 20th, 2008, 09:00 AM
As long as you want it. :D I have no issues about guys with long hair; maybe because I grew up with a brother who nearly always had shoulder length hair, and a close guy friend who had hair past his rear. ;-)

xrosiex
March 20th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I believe it's all up to you. What ever lenght your comfortable with. I love long hair male or female.:)

pookatrina
March 20th, 2008, 09:09 AM
We've got some great guys on here with all sorts of lengths & I must say I think a few of them have down right stunning hair. If it is fairly healthy & you like it, I'm sure it'll look great.

Les
March 20th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I'm also in the "as far as you want it to go" camp. I'm not as tall as you - I'm 6'2" - and mine has recently crossed waist level. When thinking about my hair length is one of the few times I think about being shorter - then 36" of length would go down further:)

ChloeDharma
March 20th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Another "as long as you want it" reply here.

ale
March 20th, 2008, 09:25 AM
What do you mean with "long enough"? It depends on how long do you want it. For me, "long enough" was past waist length, other guys prefer shoulder length or so...I'd say let it grow, and you will find your length!
Best wishes!

P.S. this is a pic of my hair some months ago; there are guys here that went way further in growing!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/ilcorvaccio/10.jpg

lora410
March 20th, 2008, 09:30 AM
As long as you feel comfortable and are able to care for it. You will know when you get there.

kimki
March 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I agree, as far as you want!

ale you have lovely hair. :)

Ohio Sky
March 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Theres several guys on here that have waist or longer hair. One (cant remember his name, though) has about knee length hair and it looks great.

Im one of the ones that loves long hair on gals and guys, and i know there are some who dont think guys should have long hair, but its your decision. Just grow until you want to stop. If it starts to get really long, a long braid looks awesome on a guy :)

Youll know when youre done, but have fun with it!

ETA: Ale, I love your hair!

Anje
March 20th, 2008, 10:27 AM
As long as you want it, assuming that you can keep it nice and well-cared-for at that length.

Personally, I'm not a fan of hair dragging on the ground behind a person (or that would drag, since it wouldn't stay nice long if you did that much), so I'd say ankles is more than long enough in general. Not that many of us are likely to reach it.

Darscilla
March 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I'd say 6'8" would be ideal ;)

wolf girl
March 20th, 2008, 10:47 AM
The longer the better!!! A guy with well taken care of long hair is the hottest thing in the world!!! :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

MadPirateBippy
March 20th, 2008, 10:50 AM
As far as sexy goes.... there is no such thing as hair that is too long on a tall man.

Pardon me, I'll be in my bunk....

biggeorge
March 20th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Yea, you have to do what you are comfortable with. Strange thing is I was shooting for just past shoulder at first. My goals have changed as I grow. Now I am looking at mid-back to waist. Just have to see what happens.

Good luck.

ale
March 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks Kimki, too kind!

ale
March 20th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks Ohio Sky! You gals make me blush!

AquaViolet1973
March 20th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Hello All...just want to ask your opinions about how long a guy should let his hair grow? I'm tall, about 6'8" and decided to let 'er grow. Hair's just touching my shoulders now...been growing it out for about a year and a half. I really like it long but want to get your ideas about how long is long for a guy. Thanks, Mike

Grow it as long as you like. There are some guys here at LHC that have really long hair...Beatnik Guy comes to mind, and I know there are others, and their hair looks stunning. :)

eta: The guys on here with shorter hair look stunning too.

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I agree - keep growing until it's long enough for you. I was once at a karaoke bar and saw a man with nearly knee-length hair singing a Journey song, and I couldn't stop looking at his hair; it was fabulous.

florenonite
March 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM
As long as you want! I've got two male friends who both used to have waist length hair and it looked great on them! I certainly liked it better than their now SL-APL cuts, but I might just be too obsessed with long hair ^_^

maskedrose
March 20th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Another "as long as you want" here! I agree with most of the other ladies - guys (especially tall ones) with long, well cared for hair are definitely hot!

ale - I love that picture! I colors are gorgeous and I love the composition with your hair and your shoulder kind of framing your beard...stunning.

Starr
March 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I don't think there is such a thing as too long.:D

Looking for Ed or Dave Decker as proof. . .:eye:

Kirin
March 20th, 2008, 11:18 AM
my advice is, grow it as long as you want, within the parameters you can stand. Basically, grow it until it gets to a length that either drives you nuts, or is impossible for you to handle on a daily basis. if it gets to either length, then, thats too long for *you*.

Thats my basic rule. When you reach that length you'll know.

And Ale, LOVELY hair on a Lovely guy. Love that portrait.

SHADOWSCODE46
March 20th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Hmm, sounds like a trick question! I'm not going to get into any trouble and insult any of the male members here with my personal opinion on what is 'long enough'.

I will say this; if you have a chika it should be up to her.
For me... as long as it is long enough to pull (wink, wink), I'm happy. :-)

ale
March 20th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Maskedrose,
I should post more pics, if these are the reactions!
Thanks a lot for the compliments! (Both as a longhair and as a "photographer", that's one of my hobbies, indeed).

ale
March 20th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Lovely lovely lovely...Kirin, you're too kind! Thanks!

vindo
March 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM

If its in another room than you its too long...

coppercurls
March 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Another "as long as you want" here! I agree with most of the other ladies - guys (especially tall ones) with long, well cared for hair are definitely hot!

ale - I love that picture! I colors are gorgeous and I love the composition with your hair and your shoulder kind of framing your beard...stunning.

Wow Maskedrose, I was just about to make this same post! Great minds think alike, huh?:p

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Just make sure you keep it out of the toilet!

walkinglady
March 20th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I've had a few people comment that mine is getting to long. I don't think so, so I keep letting it grow. Personally, I think you should let it grow to where you like it. Being male or female makes no difference, you must be happy with yourself.

walkinglady
March 20th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Just make sure you keep it out of the toilet!

Now that's funny! Excellent advice too!

kissedbyfyre
March 20th, 2008, 08:14 PM
No such thing as too long! Honestly as long as you want it and whatever makes you happy. Just be sure to adopt to the new length well. I've had many embarrassing mishaps due to new, undiscovered length, such as yes, the toilet.....

EdG
March 20th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as too long.:D

Looking for Ed or Dave Decker as proof. . .:eye:Thanks Starr! :flower:

Welcome murphy to LHC! There really is no such thing as too long hair. :)
Ed

wintersun99
March 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Long enough is when it reaches the length that you, and only you, decide is your favorite length. :)

truepeacenik
March 20th, 2008, 09:22 PM
goggle-fu Eyefear (esp. om you tube)

basically, if you are not tripping on it, hiding small children or farm animals in it, and can rinse all the shampoo out. go as ling as you want.

In colorado, the "fashion" hair lengths seem to be just past shoulders, mid back and waist.

purplebubba
March 21st, 2008, 02:36 AM
People should wear their hair the way they want it.

I currently choose to wear tailbone length. I'm male.

ilovelonghair
March 21st, 2008, 03:20 AM
Just grow it as long as you want. There are not many guys who have hair longer then BSL so longer is quite unique

sapphire-o
March 21st, 2008, 03:35 AM
For a guy I have to say as long as you can handle it. It depends on what you're comfortable wearing. For your height I'm sure even a bun would not look feminine. For guys who can only do a ponytail and nothing else (like my DH) I think waist is the limit. If you can do braids you can grow to tailbone or a bit more. Wearing hair you can sit on down all the time is not usually practical and might be dangerous for many guys.

zift
March 21st, 2008, 04:28 AM
I want to enter the crowd saying grow it as long as you like:thumbsup:
I love long hair but it matters if it's a guy or girl. I like it better on guys,think it makes them attractive:cool: My BF keeps his hair long too and I do everything I can to support him :D
And just look at the pics shared over here how can anybody disagree it's beautiful!

Xandergrammy
March 21st, 2008, 06:19 AM
My answer is "As long as you want it to be". There are several men on this board with very long, very beautiful hair and I couldn't imagine them with shorter hair. :sun:

khyricat
March 21st, 2008, 07:04 AM
as long as you want is always my answer.. DH's is between mid back and waist and I can't see it getting much longer right now because of how he cares for it (or doesn't- nasty brush that tears through it!) his best friend is growing his out, and its already just shy of waist and he's talking about going for knee if it makes it.

DavidN
March 21st, 2008, 07:18 AM
I agree with all the others, "as long as I can grow it, my hair", as in that old song from the 1960's!

Javadandy
March 21st, 2008, 07:35 AM
Grow it as long as you are comfortable with it!!

My son has the most wonderful spiral curly hair. He's 19, and he will grow it out then cut it off and donate it. He's on round 2 for donations. He has not faced any objection to his hair at his job, even now at 10 inches (he can tease it to a beach ball sized 'fro). We have a gene in the family that provides some of the men this awesome curly hair - and it is treasured. :)

bte
March 21st, 2008, 08:36 AM
The same answer as everyone else, really - as long as you want it to be. There are guys here with hair not much longer than 'average' and others with extremely long hair, and everything in between. Let yout hair grow, and if it ever gets longer than you ideally want it to be, the answer's simple - trim back to your ideal length. In the meantime, though, have fun!

curlylocks85
December 13th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Personally, I do not think there is a limit. Long hair is not about what other people think it is about how you feel. If want to grow your hair to your bum then do so. There is no judgment here, only comfort and support.

Happy Growing :)

Kalyca
December 13th, 2009, 09:35 PM
as your growing i'm sure you will find the perfect length for your hair. it's totally up to you and what works best for you

Stephichan
December 13th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Personally, I find some guys can pull off different lengths better than others.

However, that's just my personal opinion, and I will not go into detail on it. You feel absolutely free to do whatever you want to your hair. After all, it's all about confidence. I do agree that there are some very jaw-dropping heads of hair on the male members here *cough*ericthegreat*cough**cough*

Don't worry about the opinions of others, just do what makes you feel awesome ^_^

Othala
December 14th, 2009, 04:30 AM
The longer the better!!! A guy with well taken care of long hair is the hottest thing in the world!!! :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Yep, I concur!

fisher2
December 14th, 2009, 06:09 AM
im 5'7 not much but im growing to knee if my term allows it

fisher2
December 14th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I do agree that there are some very jaw-dropping heads of hair on the male members here *cough*ericthegreat*cough**cough*
does he know about this comment it would make him rave. im gnna email it to him XD

Teakafrog
December 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM
The longer the better. Longhaired guys are hot!

joyfili
December 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Grow your hair to the length that you are comfortable with. trust me your hair will let you know! Happy Growing ^_^

indigonight
December 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I agree, hair can never be too long.... I wish more guys would grow their hair really long.... its such a rare thing to see nowadays.... beautiful long hair is just stunning on a man and all the more so because it is unusual... whenever I see guys with thick long hair I just cant stop staring, so grow as long as you want to!

TheEndlessOcean
December 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Another vote for as long as you want, of course :)

I was originally planning on growing mine quite a bit longer, but I realized recently that I'm really happy with the length it's at right now (a bit past APL curly and around BSL (I think :p) pulled straight). I'm quite tall too (6'7"), and I really like the way it looks at this length, plus it's not too difficult to take care of, or so long that that it's hard to wear down. So this is a length that works well for me, but of course it's up to you to find what you like best :)

little_acorn
December 14th, 2009, 05:35 PM
As long as you want it :D

Men with lovely long locks are very appealing :eyebrows:

Ale - stunning photo, Ed you have awesome hair - in fact all the men in this thread have lovely heads of hair :D

JamieLeigh
December 16th, 2009, 10:16 AM
However long he wants to grow it, provided he is taking care of it well. Besides the attractiveness factor of well-cared-for hair, it will break off a lot less and achieve much longer lengths if he is nice to it. :crush:

An added bonus is that long-haired guys are SO MUCH MORE FREAKING HOT than short-haired ones. :D :D :D