PDA

View Full Version : faster hair growth

DragonAngel
November 11th, 2014, 03:05 AM
did the title catch your attention ? :D haha... I am new here so without trawling through the seemingly endless threads I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but thought I would share my findings. For the last 6 months I have been taking Silica complex (bought from health food stores), it is comprised of magnesium, horsetail, boron,zinc, calcium and some other stuff I can't remember. Initially I bought it on recommendation from a friend because I was fed up with my nails flaking and breaking all the time, I was told that this was great for hair and nails so I bought 2 pots at £5.99 (buy one get one free) , each containing 120 tablets. After a few weeks I did begin to notice that my nails were breaking less and after a couple of months my nails were strong and I could actually get them long enough to warrant painting.....but what about the hair ? well, I used to have to colour my roots every month because I am pure silver on top and the very distinct silver to dark reddish brown gives me a definitive tide line of growth indicator. I have now found that since taking Silica that my silver tideline gets to the 'need to do my roots' stage about 10 days earlier, which, in growth terms means that my hair is growing 25% faster on this product :joy: which is great but it is costing me more hair dye ;). I know this only equates to a few millimetres more but every bit counts eh. :D

diddiedaisy
November 11th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Lucky you :) I can't coax my hair out its follicles any faster for love nor money!!

Hotrox
November 11th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Glad to hear that you have found something that works for you :)

ChloeDharma
November 11th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Is that the H&B one? I have some of that but keep forgetting to take it. I really should try to remember.

Enrapture
November 11th, 2014, 06:21 AM
When I was taking silica, it didn't affect the growth much. I think that I get it enough through the diet :) But I know my mom's work colleague was taking it and in two months she got 5 cm growth.

DragonAngel
November 11th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Is that the H&B one? I have some of that but keep forgetting to take it. I really should try to remember.

Yes thats the one !! I am so impressed I have bought some more today :D They have a half price offer on at the moment too.

DragonAngel
November 11th, 2014, 01:06 PM
When I was taking silica, it didn't affect the growth much. I think that I get it enough through the diet :) But I know my mom's work colleague was taking it and in two months she got 5 cm growth.

woweeeeeeee ! 5cm in 2 months is amazing...I generally get half that. Hoping to officially reach Tailbone by new year but it is likely to be end of January.

DragonAngel
November 11th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I had a long chat with the very friendly man in Holland and Barratt and I was pleasantly surprised at their level of product knowledge on how and what affects the human body and its parts. I came away with something that makes my body boost my anti-oxidant making ability and some more Silica. I am hoping if my body has better anti-oxidant ability then the hair growth should benefit too. What I did find refreshing though was I wasn't pressured into buying anything at all unlike some health stores that make you feel that you will wither and die tomorrow if you don't buy something now.:rolleyes:

ChloeDharma
November 11th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Yes thats the one !! I am so impressed I have bought some more today :D They have a half price offer on at the moment too.

I've been buying that for years and forgetting to take it so that the expiry date runs out! I did stock up recently when they had buy one get one for 1p, I'll dig it out and start taking it. Your results and enthusiasm are rather motivating! lol.

DragonAngel
November 11th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I've been buying that for years and forgetting to take it so that the expiry date runs out! I did stock up recently when they had buy one get one for 1p, I'll dig it out and start taking it. Your results and enthusiasm are rather motivating! lol.

hahaha I like the sound of being a motivational person even if I do write this slumped in a onesie on the sofa . Good to hear that Chloe remember it takes a few months to really get going though.

cat11
November 11th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Hmmm I really want to get some of this now. I suffer from very flaky nails too and even though I can make them grow with sally hansen bamboo strength I think it would be better to do it from the inside. Plus obviously I want longer hair haha

DragonAngel
November 12th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Hmmm I really want to get some of this now. I suffer from very flaky nails too and even though I can make them grow with sally hansen bamboo strength I think it would be better to do it from the inside. Plus obviously I want longer hair haha

I have some sally hansen stuff too but tend to forget to renew it and then spend ages picking the shiny bits off my nails when I am nowhere near nail varnish remover. :rolleyes:

Johannah
November 12th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I'm glad it works for you! Maybe I'll try this... Somewhere in the future.

diddiedaisy
November 12th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Can I ask how long it took to start working?

iYaap
November 12th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Horsetail for hair growth. Is that marketing, truth or both?

ChloeDharma
November 12th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Horsetail for hair growth. Is that marketing, truth or both?

This is the supplement being discussed http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-high-strength-silica-complex-caplets-60001553 Horsetail is rich in silica which is thought to be good for growth among other things.

ChloeDharma
November 12th, 2014, 03:58 PM
hahaha I like the sound of being a motivational person even if I do write this slumped in a onesie on the sofa . Good to hear that Chloe remember it takes a few months to really get going though.

Somehow I missed this post before. Yes any change usually takes a few months to show. I'm taking the perfectil brand supplement too but again keep forgetting so it works out more like every other day than every day. The H&B skin, hair and nails multivitamin is very good but VERY expensive, I used to get that when it was on special offer but you take 3 pills per day and again....I kept forgetting lol.

mira-chan
November 12th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I tried taking those hair vitamin years ago but nope, there is no way I'm remembering to take that many pills unless it's all at once.