PDA

View Full Version : One year update since Chop

coconutinsight
November 10th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I joined LHC in July, but I chopped from BSL to APL in November and only then started taking photos.
I got my hair blown out last November and this November as I usually have a special event I attend.
My hair grew about 6 inches, I'm now at 28, and this year I chopped about 3 or 4 inches because I'm still getting rid of years of daily straightening and other mistakes, which would have made my total growth 9 inches if I hadn't chopped.
A few months ago I did something I now regret which was the compact cut since It took a lot of my thickness and gave me not so blunt ends. I need 2 or 3 more inches to reach waist and then I will be maintaining there for a while to try to thick up my hemline. I was not going to post this since I'm not very happy with my hair, mostly due to the compact cut, but decided to anyway. I hope next year I'll be much happier about my hair. Thank you LHC for all the advice, before joining I never passed BSL. I'm sorry for my English since It's not my first language. I'll put a photo of my natural texture as soon as I manage to take one. :flower: :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14214&d=1415636747

Dickiebow
November 10th, 2014, 09:46 AM
That's a lot of growth in a year. Lucky you. I think your hair looks lovely. I also like the compact cut in your hair. But it shouldn't take long to thicken up the ends if that's what you want. You should be at waist by the end of the year :D

Puffer Fish
November 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Your growth looks awesome, and your English is perfectly fine!
I can understand not being happy with the compact cut since it's such a big change from your blunt hemline, but it really does not look bad on you. So at least keep that in mind while you're growing it back out!
:D

coconutinsight
November 10th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Your growth looks awesome, and your English is perfectly fine!
I can understand not being happy with the compact cut since it's such a big change from your blunt hemline, but it really does not look bad on you. So at least keep that in mind while you're growing it back out!
:D Thank you :blossom: :) I'm upset I did this because it was an impulse and also due to boredom with my hair :eek:

That's a lot of growth in a year. Lucky you. I think your hair looks lovely. I also like the compact cut in your hair. But it shouldn't take long to thicken up the ends if that's what you want. You should be at waist by the end of the year :D Thank you very much :flower: I'm aiming at February to reach waist, but If I reach it earlier that would be great :)

ZeppHead
November 10th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Wow your hair looks very healthy and pretty. Good job! :)

coconutinsight
November 10th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Wow your hair looks very healthy and pretty. Good job! :)

Thank you so much!! :) :flowers:

coconutinsight
November 10th, 2014, 11:47 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14220&d=1415645173 hair in it's natural texture - black circle for privacy reasons

fiğrildi
November 10th, 2014, 11:49 AM
I think that's a huge improvement! You should be very happy :)
Your hair looks very healthy, soft and shiny. You'll reach waist in no time. Congrats!

Laurenji
November 10th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I am in almost the same boat as you - I recently hit waist, and I also recently did the compact cut to my hair. I only cut off 3 or 4 inches, so thankfully it didn't do the full damage potential, but I am also going to maintain at waist for a while so that I can thicken up my ends. We should start a club!

coconutinsight
November 10th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I think that's a huge improvement! You should be very happy :)
Your hair looks very healthy, soft and shiny. You'll reach waist in no time. Congrats!
Thank you very much I really appreciate it! :) :flower:

I am in almost the same boat as you - I recently hit waist, and I also recently did the compact cut to my hair. I only cut off 3 or 4 inches, so thankfully it didn't do the full damage potential, but I am also going to maintain at waist for a while so that I can thicken up my ends. We should start a club!
We definitely should "Compact Cut Regrets" :p

renarok
November 10th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Could someone tell me what a compact cut is?

coconutinsight
November 10th, 2014, 01:01 PM

It's when you put a ponytail on your head and cut straight across for layers, I did the ponytail on the middle of the head for long layers. There is a thread here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

lapushka
November 10th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I like your hair in both pictures. I too have my hair cut according to the compact cut method. I like it. I'm sorry you don't. Not everything is for everyone, I guess. I like it on you, though, but it's about what we want not what others think. :flower:

lapushka
November 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM

The compact cut is a term out of the book "Haircutting for dummies" where 2 methods are described to cut your hair in one-go by using a ponytail. The first method is, you make the ponytail on the top of your head (longer layers). The second method is, you make the ponytail on the top of your forehead (short layers). I wouldn't recommend this method for anything shorter than BSL hair, or your layers might be too too short.

Here's one of the methods out of the book:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/cutting-hair-with-lightning-speed.html

coconutinsight
November 10th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I like your hair in both pictures. I too have my hair cut according to the compact cut method. I like it. I'm sorry you don't. Not everything is for everyone, I guess. I like it on you, though, but it's about what we want not what others think. :flower:
Thank you lapushka :flower: The reason I cut it in the compact cut was because of all the great results I was seeing on other people, but since I am still growing out damage and do S&D quite often I think it didn't help my hair. I have seen a photo of your hair (if I'm not mistaken) and I think it looks great with the compact cut. Thank you again :)

renarok
November 10th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks lapushka for the link. It is a good tutorial.