PDA

View Full Version : New from Georgia!

pearlsandpinups
November 10th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Hello everyone! :)

This isn't my first time at LHC, I actually was a member here yeaarss ago, like when I was about 17ish I think? (Could have been a bit later but I sure wanna say I was in my teens.) I'm 27 now, so that should give you an idea of how long ago that was! :) Earlier this year my hair was probably about mid-back length, but I ended up getting it cut in late June to just a bit past my shoulders. I've pretty much regretted it from then, desperately missing my long hair, so now I'm determined to grow it back out, this time to waist length! :)

At the moment my hair currently rests at the bottom of my bra strap, and to get to waist length I need about 4.5"-5"ish inches. The one benefit to having my hair cut earlier this Summer is I was able to cut off some damage from some coloring attempts a couple of years ago, so the overall condition of my hair is quite healthy, though I will say my hair is pretty forgiving in general, thank goodness. :)

My dream hair is long, super glossy and straight, like a silk curtain or something! I already have straight hair naturally that does have some lovely volume but it unfortunately gets the mild frizzies and flyaways sometimes, especially in humidity, so if anyone has any advice on how to sleek up hair without use of things like straight irons I'd be so grateful! :) I "wash" my hair every third day with Sally's Hair One (Their version of Wen) and it seems really happy with it, and I do blowdry it usually on those days. I'm not a fan of the damage from blowdryers but a good blowdry really seems to help my hair be just a bit straighter and sleeker and that's how I'm happiest with it. :) I may start trying to do gentle blowdrys on the cool or warm setting to minimize damage, is that a good idea?

Other than the blowdryer I use no other heat styling tools on my hair at all, and it's very soft and seems quite healthy. I don't dye it, my hair is naturally very very dark brown though it gets just a tad redder toward the ends from dying it a couple of years ago. (Regretted it then, regret it now! ;) )

I'm so excited to be a part of this community again! :) I'll get my husband to get pictures of my hair and show it to you guys! I love seeing all your pretty hair pictures!

georgia_peach
November 10th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Welcome back, pearlsandpinups! I'm also from Georgia, but living in Virginia now. I can't really answer the question about blow drying as I just let my hair air dry and don't really struggle with the frizzies. But I'm sure you'll get some sage advice here. Happy growing back your lengths!

pearlsandpinups
November 10th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Thanks so much for the welcome, Georgia_Peach! :) It's awesome meeting another Georgian!