PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick out Christmas present for my mom?

Alexa
November 10th, 2014, 12:39 AM
A while back, before I knew about LHC, I introduced my mom to Goody's Modern Updo Pin, and she loves it so much that she uses it daily. Now that I know about other better-made hair toys, I would like to get her something new for Christmas. My main concern is that it be as easy for her to use as the Goody pin, as a fairly recent stroke has somewhat decreased her dexterity. I would also like her to be able to produce her usual hairstyle with it (the "Modern Updo" pictured below—does it have a more-official name?), while also being able to learn new ones, and that it match her beautiful silver hair. Quattro came to mind, but I would appreciate any other suggestions you might have! TIA! :flower:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA0NFg4ODU=/z/PWEAAMXQC-tTCEPX/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Cania
November 10th, 2014, 03:45 AM
I agree that Quattro is probably the way to go. He is one of the nicest sellers I have dealt with (it wasn't even regarding a sale, I was just asking if an old fork was his) so maybe drop him a message with your mom's limitations and explain how much she likes the goody and see what ideas he has?

Sorry to hear about her stroke, I hope she is doing well :grouphug:

lapushka
November 10th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Yep, seconding Quattro. A nice basic fork will probably do, but you could get a little more fancy as well.
Very sorry to hear she's had a stroke. This is never easy. Wishing you lots of strength. :grouphug:

Long_hair_bear
November 10th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Tempest Moon studio has great forks too!

chen bao jun
November 10th, 2014, 01:44 PM
That modern updo thing snags my hair, and its an uncomfortable curve.
What about Ravenslair, or this
http://www.bronzejewelers.com/product-p/triangle-celtic-knot-hair-s.htm
or possibly the Crafty Celts? there's a member on here, I forget her name but she is the Ceruduin Bard of the something or other in her siggy, who loves this kind of hairtoy and knows many names of good craftsmen, maybe she will weigh in.
I remember when my grandmother had a stroke. She had physcial therapy and came back after that. I pray your mother will, also. It's a frightening thing. That was in 1984 though and medicine is much better now.