PDA

View Full Version : I'm a former member, but don't have 25 posts yet and am wondering...

Dragonfly
November 10th, 2014, 12:20 AM
...if anyone can tell me whether certain members from "back in the day" are still here? Celuriel? Cowgal? Scrap Fairy? I have been away... I know once I am able, reading the archives will prove interesting. I will probably find my own old stuff there under my old handle "Dragonfly".

Either way, I am more interested in knowing if they or anyone from that era, is still here pursuing her long hair dreams. :p

lapushka
November 10th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Those names vaguely ring a bell, and I've been around a pretty long time.

jeanniet
November 10th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Cowgirl (I think?) is still here from time to time. I know the other name you mentioned, but can't remember the proper spelling. Haven't seen her recently that I can think of. But probably quite a few members you remember are still here.

Carolyn
November 10th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Do you know that you are not allowed to have 2 accounts?

lapushka
November 10th, 2014, 10:28 AM

I think the mods are already working with her on that!

jeanniet
November 10th, 2014, 11:27 AM

The mods must be aware, since her first post was edited by a mod. Most likely her first account was not recoverable since the big crash, for some reason.

Dragonfly
November 10th, 2014, 12:16 PM

I do not have two accounts. I had an account a long time ago, in the early 2000's. This is my first time back since 2006. Thank you for that information, however.

Carolyn
November 10th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Yes sorry I didn't see a mod had edited the first post. I'm confused because there is a member named Dragonfly who joined LHC in April 2003. There are several members with "dragonfly" in their name so I am likely looking at another person's profile. It never occurred to me that her account could have been lost.

Bill D.
November 10th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I do not have two accounts. I had an account a long time ago, in the early 2000's. This is my first time back since 2006. Thank you for that information, however.

You normally can't have two accounts sequentially which is what you apparently have. However, this is subject to the discretion of the mods. They presumably can consider things like accounts being lost due to crashes. So welcome back!

Bill D.

Gumball
November 10th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Hi StarSeeds! :waving: I'm not sure if you saw my response on another thread of yours, but I've sent you an email to assist in resolving the account issue for you. :)

jeanniet
November 10th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Technically, I'm on my second account. My first one was back in 2000 or 2001 (briefly), but I don't even remember my user name or what email I used. I don't live in the same house or even the same town anymore. There's been two major crashes since then, so let's just say I'm pretty sure my original account has disappeared into cyberspace.

Carolyn
November 10th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Technically, I'm on my second account. My first one was back in 2000 or 2001 (briefly), but I don't even remember my user name or what email I used. I don't live in the same house or even the same town anymore. There's been two major crashes since then, so let's just say I'm pretty sure my original account has disappeared into cyberspace.This site opened on February 13, 2003 with Stephanie at the helm. There were at least 2, maybe 3 long hair discussion groups that preceded LHC. None of that information transferred over here AFAIK. However the information on those sites is still available or was some time ago. Flaxen knew how to find it. In 2000 we were at Jennifer Bahney's Long Hair Lovers site which was a completely separate site. After that a woman named Shawnee had a site. So if your account was in 2000 it was somewhere else as LHC did not exist then.

jeanniet
November 10th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Maybe it was LHL. I really can't remember, except I know Teacherbear was a member!

truepeacenik
November 10th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Yeah, some boards all bleed together. I was on LHL, I think.

Dragonfly
November 11th, 2014, 08:10 PM
This site opened on February 13, 2003 with Stephanie at the helm. There were at least 2, maybe 3 long hair discussion groups that preceded LHC. None of that information transferred over here AFAIK. However the information on those sites is still available or was some time ago. Flaxen knew how to find it. In 2000 we were at Jennifer Bahney's Long Hair Lovers site which was a completely separate site. After that a woman named Shawnee had a site. So if your account was in 2000 it was somewhere else as LHC did not exist then.

Thank you all for you information and encouragement. Have a blessed night.

jeanniet
November 12th, 2014, 01:46 PM
That particular post (I mean Carolyn's) was directed at me, and really just a bit of historical information. I'd always thought my first membership was to an earlier incarnation of LHC, and now I see it was really a different site altogether. I didn't realize (or remember, haha) there were other sites operating back then, so this was interesting to read. Thanks for clearing all that up for me, Carolyn!