PDA

View Full Version : Fenugreek (Methi) Henna Gloss

ChloeDharma
November 8th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Has anybody tried this? I've started on a bit of a project to use fenugreek/methi seed hair packs as frequently as possible to see if that effects my hair growth and maybe thickens it up somewhat. Anyway I was thinking if I added a bit of henna to it that might help keep my colour fresh. I will of course report back once I've given it a go.

mira-chan
November 12th, 2014, 08:36 AM
The methi will dull the henna color as it is coating. I think I tried this a while ago. It was certainly a really nice conditioning treatment.

ChloeDharma
November 12th, 2014, 02:30 PM
It went reasonably ok. There was only a very slight stain, hardly noticeable but I'm ok with that as I am mainly looking for the conditioning and strengthening benefits and it seems doing it this way will at least prevent the henna fading. My hair looked quite full after the treatment but it does when I use methi anyway. I mixed up methi, brahmi and henna. It looks like this will be a regular thing for me now :)

mira-chan
November 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Nice. I'm glad it worked well. Methi does always give that fullness. If only it didn't build up so much for me.