PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm not new, but I have been away for ages!

Dragonfly
November 7th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Well after repeated attempts to regain my access via my old login info, I finally had to re-register. But I don't care because I am so glad to be back! (Even though I requested my password repeatedly to several e-mails, the password reset NEVER came in the mail!)

Anyway, here's a tiny bit of my story...

I have just under shoulder length hair and it is in poor condition but getting better. I used to have waist length, gorgeous strawberry gold hair.

After some MAJOR life changes, I have come to where I am now. My hair has been every color there is, I even had dreadlocks but decided that before I let them set too long (they were ten months old), I would brush them out. I was bleaching and drying my hair to get the dreads to "take" faster.

BAD MOVE.

So I brushed out my dreads (one which had mildew, which was my main reason to release them), and have since been on the path to regaining my hair's health. I have stopped bleaching and am using my old methods of different oils and gentle brushing, washing with hair-friendly products, taking my vitamins, etc.

I am trying to allow my re-entry to the long hair community to take over the absolute devastation I feel right now for not having my "regular" hair. Even if it does grow to my waist right now, it is so thinned from the bleaching process, it is going to be a LONG TIME before it reaches it's former glory. Ugh.

My question to you all is this:

I have NEVER ruined my hair to this degree. It is OK right now, but it's been about 8 years since I chopped it and began manipulating it. Soooo... if it's been this long....will my hair still regrow back to it's former glory if I take extra special care of it?

Until these last 10 years, I've always had a beautiful mane. Now I look like everyone else. I will be glad to be able to organize my profile and post pics for you all. You'll see what I mean.

Thank you for any hints, suggestions, or tips on regrowing my hair and any information on whether it will grow back the way it was or if I have missed that chance.

Thank you all!:blossom:

vanillabones
November 7th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Welcome back! I am back after a long break as well. I definietly think your hair can make a full come back. I have done similar damage in the past (everything but dreads) but bleaching, extensions, bad products, and heat. It will be nice to see your profile once it is up and talk about our goals. I'd love to see your hair! Your hair at its worst sounds like you're now where mine is at its best. :whistle:

Sarahlabyrinth
November 7th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Welcome back! I'm sure that with LHC care your hair will regain both length and beauty :)

Dragonfly
November 7th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Thank you both! I am so super excited to be back. I was a member waaay back when, some of my pals were CowGal, Scrap Fairy, and Celuriel, Song of Sunlight. My name used to be Dragonfly but I can't recall my encrypted password to save my life! Haha! I am not even sure if my old pals are still here but I plan to check out the archives and such once I reach the post minimum.

I am truly hoping and praying my hair will go back to my normal. I am worried because I feel I have done so much damage. But it keeps growing and is feeling and looking better. I think I have to make 25 posts before I can put anything up, but as soon as I do, look out! I need advice and all the help I can get to restore my once and former Crowning Glory. :):magic:

Clarkie
November 7th, 2014, 08:27 PM
The last time I had what I would call long hair (almost waist length) was when I was in my early teens. Over the years my hair has been cut, coloured and bleached countless times. I quit the bleach (highlights) several years ago but was still colouring all over, cutting, blow drying and straightening until March of this year when I got fed up after ANOTHER bad experience at the hairdresser.
I found this wonderful site in April or May and got the courage to join in July. My hair is in great shape. I'm regrowing hair in my temple area which had thinned as a result of blowfrying. The point of this rather long story is that I am now 49 and my hair looks better than it has in over 30 years. I definitely think your hair will return to it's full potential with some LHC TLC!!! Good luck and welcome back. :)

Dragonfly
November 7th, 2014, 08:45 PM
The last time I had what I would call long hair (almost waist length) was when I was in my early teens. Over the years my hair has been cut, coloured and bleached countless times. I quit the bleach (highlights) several years ago but was still colouring all over, cutting, blow drying and straightening until March of this year when I got fed up after ANOTHER bad experience at the hairdresser.
I found this wonderful site in April or May and got the courage to join in July. My hair is in great shape. I'm regrowing hair in my temple area which had thinned as a result of blowfrying. The point of this rather long story is that I am now 49 and my hair looks better than it has in over 30 years. I definitely think your hair will return to it's full potential with some LHC TLC!!! Good luck and welcome back. :)

Thank you Clarkie, that is VERY encouraging and I totally appreciate it!:p

MungoMania
November 8th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Welcome back StarSeeds. I've damaged my hair too in the past. It is possible to regrow and you'll find lots of support and helpful info here as you must remember.

Happy growing!

Johannah
November 8th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Welcome back! I used to bleach and heat style my hair a lot in the past as well. Now it's back to natural! You'll get there!

*support hug* :grouphug:

fiğrildi
November 8th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Welcome back, StarSeeds :flower:

I'm sure that you'll get your gorgeous mane back! I think this thread is very inspiring: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127086
I have been awful to my hair for 6 years or so (heavy use of hot tools, curly perms), to the point that I thought I had destroyed it forever. But after one year being on LHC, the condition of my hair has improved tons, and I even have a lot of new hairs that are growing now.
So, you'll get your mane back, with patience and care, you can be sure of that :)

Can't wait to see your former and current hair pictures. Best of luck!

Federica
November 8th, 2014, 03:21 AM
My question to you all is this:

I have NEVER ruined my hair to this degree. It is OK right now, but it's been about 8 years since I chopped it and began manipulating it. Soooo... if it's been this long....will my hair still regrow back to it's former glory if I take extra special care of it?

Until these last 10 years, I've always had a beautiful mane. Now I look like everyone else. I will be glad to be able to organize my profile and post pics for you all. You'll see what I mean.

Thank you for any hints, suggestions, or tips on regrowing my hair and any information on whether it will grow back the way it was or if I have missed that chance.

Hello, and welcome back to the forum!
Can you please post some pictures of your hair, so we can see in what conditions is it now?

Quick anwer to your question: yes.
If you didn't have hairloss issues, but just a thinning because of all the bleach/dreadlocks/brushing dreads away damage, you just have to get rid of it and your new growth will be healthy and nice.
It won't be quick, but if you're consistent in babying your damaged hair, microtrimming it and putting it up to avoid further mechanical damage, you're gonna make it indeed.
I suggest you to visit the massive Growing out natural (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51155) thread, it's very inspiring.
You can also join us in the Microtrimming and Maintainig Club (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75468)!
Happy re-growing!

Gumball
November 8th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Flinging and email your way about your original account. (In case you haven't read the banner notifications on the site or the alerts on Site Support, the email system is down and that means password recovery is handled a bit differently, but still very, very doable.) :)

Dragonfly
November 11th, 2014, 08:02 PM
I hope to post photos very soon but I don't think I have enough posts yet. I still can't edit my profile. I am reading through the "Start Here" section to see what I am missing but will posts pics as soon as able! Thank you all for the encouragement, I really appreciate it!

Dragonfly
November 11th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Flinging and email your way about your original account. (In case you haven't read the banner notifications on the site or the alerts on Site Support, the email system is down and that means password recovery is handled a bit differently, but still very, very doable.) :)

Gumball, this is great news maybe. If I am able to find my way back into my old account (assuming that an account unused since sometime in the early 2000's is still there), what should I do to remove the newest one? I obviously have a LOT of research to do. It never used to be this complex on here, it seems...

Thank you for being really kind.

Dragonfly
November 11th, 2014, 08:33 PM

Hi again,

I just wrote a really long post with questions, etc., but the screen blinked and I lost everything! :(

So...second attempt, I have looked very thoroughly through Site Support for instructions on how to possibly regain my info for my old account. I keep running into brick walls & cannot find any specific info except that it says to email you (Mods). When I attempt to click on any profile or edit my own, I still do not have capabilities. I thought my post count was sufficient but am now uncertain of many things. I am confused and don't recall it all being this complex...

Help?

Gumball
November 11th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Hi again,

I just wrote a really long post with questions, etc., but the screen blinked and I lost everything! :(

So...second attempt, I have looked very thoroughly through Site Support for instructions on how to possibly regain my info for my old account. I keep running into brick walls & cannot find any specific info except that it says to email you (Mods). When I attempt to click on any profile or edit my own, I still do not have capabilities. I thought my post count was sufficient but am now uncertain of many things. I am confused and don't recall it all being this complex...

Help?

Hey! No worries, I've got you covered. Feel free to reach out to us via email at the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. I'll be more than happy to correspond through there to get you sorted out, and in a way I'm sure you'll be pleased with especially since it's not even remotely complex. :) I'm just looking out for where help can be given! I can confirm your account is available and waiting for you to step back into its shoes.

mira-chan
November 11th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Welcome back! I was around when you were still here according to the dated you mentioned but wasn't very active yet.

As for your hair, the damaged parts will need to grow up and get trimmed off but I'm sure your hair will grow out just fine after that. :)

ghost
November 11th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Oh wow, your poor hair :( I'm so sorry you went through all that damage, I've done it myself (apart from the locks, never had those, but definitely used to bleach the heck out of my hair) and that feeling of "oh no...what have I done?" when it all catches up to you is the worst!
I'd say definitely microtrim (1/4" or less per month) the damage out if you want to keep growing and cutting out damage at the same time, take the best care of your hair possible, and your new growth should be fine.

Dragonfly
November 20th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Hey! No worries, I've got you covered. Feel free to reach out to us via email at the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. I'll be more than happy to correspond through there to get you sorted out, and in a way I'm sure you'll be pleased with especially since it's not even remotely complex. :) I'm just looking out for where help can be given! I can confirm your account is available and waiting for you to step back into its shoes.

Gumball!

Oh how glad I would be to regain my old account! Yet when I click the Contact Us link, nothing happens. I have tried everything I know... it won't register. Is there a way you can e-mail me specifically? Oh I so want my old account back!!!

excentricat
November 20th, 2014, 01:47 AM
The contact us link is tlhcstaff@gmail.com. Maybe you could just email that way?

Dragonfly
December 14th, 2014, 12:50 AM
The contact us link is tlhcstaff@gmail.com. Maybe you could just email that way?

Okay, I will try again. I am getting so discouraged knowing it's out there (my old account) but I can't get into it. It makes me not want to post anything on the 2nd account. Grrr... :(

Dragonfly
December 14th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Okay, sent in all requested info. Fingers crossed and hair braided! :)