PDA

View Full Version : Full Pelvic Rest and Hair Washing?

ARG
November 7th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Long story short, my little baby is trying to join the world sooner rather than later. I've been in the hospital since Tuesday, on quite a few different medications to stop labor, but also made me sweat like crazy (I don't sweat, ever!), I finally came home today, and I really just want to wash my hair, but I'm on full pelvic rest. Washing my hair takes a while, and while usually I'd just oil and bun it, the stress relief of washing it, and getting the icky feeling of sweat off my scalp would be so nice.

Any suggestions on how to either cut down on washing time, or doing it in a way that'll be easier? The shower isn't able to accommodate a chair, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Mainesongbird
November 7th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Do you have a handheld shower? Could you sit down and use that? Or maybe you could spriz your hair wet with a spray bottle and put the shampoo or whatever you use on your hair sitting down and then just stand to rinse....that's all I got! Hope you find a way! =D

saturnine
November 7th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Do you have someone to help you wash it? I usually wash mine in the shower, but sometimes I'll have someone help me wash it in the kitchen sink, and that always cuts the time it takes. Bending over the sink might not be ideal for you right now though.

You could also maybe do just a scalp wash? That's usually pretty quick. I do it when I'm too sick to deal with the bulk of my hair.

Aurum
November 7th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Could you get a bucket of water and wash it with your head over the side of the bed, maybe with help from a SO or family member? I don't have any experience with full pelvic rest, but I'm sure that's aggravating, as well as stressful because of the situation itself. Hope it improves and baby decides to hang tight a while longer. :)

ARG
November 7th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Thank you for the suggestions! I totally forgot about our hand held shower sprayer, which I use on DD! I'll probably just sit down and wash that way.

Thanks Aurum! We're taking it day by day, and hoping to make it until next Friday, at the earliest.

amanda_the_tall
November 7th, 2014, 09:40 PM
My mom had full bed rest for months with us, she would hang her head off the bed and have my grandmother help her wash her hair in a bowl. Also they have some waterless foam shampoo for adults at CVS, it's supposed to be for the elderly who have problems with getting in the shower, I'm not sure how effective it is but I'm guessing it would feel better than dry shampoo.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Or you could try sitting in a chair outside with hubby to help and use buckets of warm water, no worries with splashing water then. :) Hope bubs stays put until the right time for you. Hugs!

Beezle
November 7th, 2014, 11:50 PM
If you are waiting til next Friday, bun your hair and only do a scalp wash using the hand-held shower. You'll still feel refreshed without the stress of stretching to comb and dry the full length of your hair.

gnome82
November 8th, 2014, 01:30 AM
I hope you work out something soon and that bub stays in till next friday. :blossom:

ARG
November 8th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Thank you all! I ended up using the shower sprayer and sitting on the tub floor. I didn't feel as clean as I usually do, but it was nice and relaxing after all that was done at the hospital. DH has some waterless shampoo in his rucksack for drills, so I may confiscate it if it comes down to it.

I'm ignoring the "until Friday" warning they gave me, and just staying positive and focusing on December as my goal.

lapushka
November 8th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Try resting on a chair at a table and have someone bring you a basin of water to wash your hair in, with a jug to scoop water out to rinse.

ZeppHead
November 8th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Awww congrats on the eager baby!! My last one came on the morning of her due date! Well wishes! :)
Enjoy the baby when he/she does come!