PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Hair Diary app!

hannabiss
November 7th, 2014, 05:49 AM
So i found this app last night that lets you track your hair growth. What you put in it. How you wear it. What stlye you choose and is it protective. What challange are you doing for your hair and when will you finish the challenge. Lots more but you get the idea. I realize this isnt something most people need. But im going to use it anyway. Anyone love apps on their phone and run across this?

höpönasu
November 7th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Interesting. :o What's the app called?

hannabiss
November 7th, 2014, 05:54 AM
" The Hair Diary" AND its free!

Enrapture
November 7th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Isn't it " Hair Journal" ? It is the only hair related app I can find. But looks very nice. I like it! Thanks for the suggestion :)

hannabiss
November 7th, 2014, 06:46 AM
I did see the hair joural. But my app is titled "the hair diary". But im sure the do the same thing. Ive been messing with mine this morning.

NitaB
November 7th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I just looked for it, it seems really cool and very useful. I'm still fiddling with it

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I have both of the ones you're talking about. I have an iPhone and there are a few others on it. What does the icon look like? I think this app would be great.

hannabiss
November 7th, 2014, 06:56 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14176&d=1415368390 if this doenst work another below. Its a pic of my screen with the icon http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14177&d=1415368857

Enrapture
November 7th, 2014, 07:45 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14176&d=1415368390 if this doenst work another below. Its a pic of my screen with the icon http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14177&d=1415368857

I think it is only available to android users. For Iphone users there's only Hair Journal app. :(

Verdandi
November 7th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Oh! That's a great idea for an app! Especially the product list, I always forget what I thought about a product after a while, or for what purpose I got it! :)

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I think it is only available to android users. For Iphone users there's only Hair Journal app. :(

I'm going to try the hair journal. It seems fun. I do miss the clairol app hair weather forecast on my black berry.

hannabiss
November 7th, 2014, 09:02 AM
I seen it an thought of everyone here. :)

Catatafish
November 7th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Ooh, this is perfect! My old phone didn't have enough phone storage to have many apps, but I recently got a new (to me) phone, and I've been playing around with it. Up until now I've used a list app to keep track of things I want to try. I'm going to play with it now :)

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I have the hair journal and found that it goes to waist only as goal and the custom features doesn't work. I do like it. This could help us reach goals.

hannabiss
November 7th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Mine goes to floor length. Though im not aiming for that length......yet. ��

hannabiss
November 7th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Crap thats a big fat lie it goes to tbl then says ul. :shrug: whats ul mean?

Marbid
November 7th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Ultimate length?

It sounds interesting. Going to go look for it now..

Kyla
November 7th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks for posting this! :) This sounds like an awesome app.

RavennaNight
November 7th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I just downloaded the one for iPhone and am having trouble with the actual calendar journal. I can't save my entry or get out of that screen. Also, the choice of length for hair goal stops at waist. I'm past waist, and so are many here.

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I just downloaded the one for iPhone and am having trouble with the actual calendar journal. I can't save my entry or get out of that screen. Also, the choice of length for hair goal stops at waist. I'm past waist, and so are many here.

You had the same troubles I had. If you try the custom features they don't work.

Allie_snowflake
November 7th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Downloading iPhone app now. There's a "pro" version for 0.99 Wonder what the difference is? No reviews on that one.

ETA: it appears that you get no ads for the "pro" version. I may upgrade just for that reason.....

Enrapture
November 7th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Downloading iPhone app now. There's a "pro" version for 0.99 Wonder what the difference is? No reviews on that one.

I think the absence of ads. They are pretty annoying in the free version - they pop up after every time you go somewhere else.

RavennaNight
You had the same troubles I had. If you try the custom features they don't work.

I figured it out. I had to pick custom, and write in my length goal. The diary is wonky because of the upgrades to the iPhone. The diction feature is getting in the way.

jacqueline101

You have a different one then mine mine is created by sidi jow and it's tailored for African American community all the icons are preset with African American pics and the style choices are as followed locks natural textured transitioning texlaxed.

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2014, 02:40 PM

You have a different one then mine mine is created by sidi jow and it's tailored for African American community all the icons are preset with African American pics and the style choices are as followed locks natural textured transitioning texlaxed.

Allie_snowflake
November 7th, 2014, 02:45 PM
I have the one you have Jacqueline. I was able to do a custom goal. Of course there's no number reference, just landmarks.

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2014, 02:59 PM
I have the one you have Jacqueline. I was able to do a custom goal. Of course there's no number reference, just landmarks.

I finally got it to do the custom deal I had to upgrade my phone. My firmwear was out of date.

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I figured it out. I had to pick custom, and write in my length goal. The diary is wonky because of the upgrades to the iPhone. The diction feature is getting in the way.

I know I had some issues then I went to the library to update my phone now it's working better but the diary isn't that great.

Komao
November 7th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I did use hair journal and now use hair journal pro. I think differences are no adds, unlimited photos and social networking capabilities and you can add more profiles. Probably more good stuff than the free one offered but it's been awhile since I had free one. For .99 cents I don't think you can go wrong.
I love it. Can customize, track your growth and keep a list of products your hair loves. :)

hannabiss
November 7th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Thats wack. Mine works great. Wish it would work with iphone

Johannah
November 8th, 2014, 03:01 AM
If anyone finds such an app for windows 8 (on laptop), let me know. This is genius.

Komao
November 8th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Hope this wasn't already posted but here is example of how you can customize it.

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y352/louiegpic/bc718ab78bf3b69e333231a9429c0cc5_zpse5a03fac.jpg

jacqueline101
November 8th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Hope this wasn't already posted but here is example of how you can customize it.

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y352/louiegpic/bc718ab78bf3b69e333231a9429c0cc5_zpse5a03fac.jpg

I did that to mine I'm not sure if I want to put mine on Facebook or not.

Night_Kitten
November 8th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I downloaded the "Hair Diary" app (for android), and indeed the length markers pretty much stop at TBL, anything past that is defined as UL ("Unicorn Length" - I assume meaning fairytale / legendary / crazy length?) which is kind of annoying as I'm at TBL now, so I pretty much outgrown it already...

The app allows you to track growth (hair length measurements) and plot the progress on a graph (if you have 3 or more measurements), the "goals" tab / section is nice and can be motivating to stick to your decisions / resolutions, and so are the products and calendar tabs / sections... (Haven't tried the rest yet)

From what I've seen so far I think the app wasn't made by a long hair board/forum member, as the hair typing drop-down menu is limited to the "first part" of the type (number and letter indicating how straight or curly the hair is), without the fine/medium/coarse and without the ponytail thickness typing (which you can add manually if you want in the "description" space), and the length markers only go as far as TBL...

Overall I like the app though, it is nice and can be helpful for tracking the hair growth / hair care journey :)

hannabiss
November 8th, 2014, 11:50 AM
When you go to goal in the hair diary you can put any length in the New Goal line. It ask at bottum it its a length mile stone. Which ends at ul. But i put classi in the New Goal line and then you look at your goal it ill say what ever you put in New Goal. (Idk if that helps) i might email the makers and ask what ul means

Komao
November 9th, 2014, 08:22 AM
jacqueline101, I just use it for my own use. :)

jacqueline101
November 9th, 2014, 11:23 AM
jacqueline101, I just use it for my own use. :)

Same here there is something about a diary that I have a feeling that would attract the hair ****** people.

hannabiss
November 9th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I think when it says post to facebook i think it means your facebook profile. Not like a group thingy. I could be wrong though

YvetteVarie
November 10th, 2014, 03:53 AM
I have both apps (hair journal and hair diary). Both of them were designed by AA women for AA women which is why the length markers are up to waist. The ladies who did the apps belong to other hair boards where the i/ii/iii description is not in use. Hope that answers some of your concerns about the information that is missing in the app for you