PDA

View Full Version : Hair Care Habits?

melomane
November 6th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Just curious if these are really good ways to protects my ends:

Folding the tail of the braid up and then ponytailing, creates a loop at the end of braid
Cutting at angle (wouldn't that cause hairs to taper?)

I've know some people that do this, does anybody know if these habits work to protect splits?

lapushka
November 7th, 2014, 04:26 PM
The first thing listed would be a nice new do.

The second thing, I wouldn't do. It might get you possible future splits, and faster.

ZeppHead
November 7th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Ive tried the first theory and stopped as I did see this could possibly cause breakage in not one but two areas of the ends with the tie as opposed to only one if you tie it off without looping it. I've began oiling the tips instead and using children's cotton hair ties instead of my regular no metal ties. Even they can eventually cause stress if your using it in the same place. If your looking to protect the ends why not oil and tuck them into a loose bun?

Madora
November 7th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Avoid the ponytail thingie at all costs. Not hair friendly! Braiding is much better for your hair...or wrapping it with a scarf when you sleep at night.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 7th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Wearing your hair up in a peacock twist with a hair claw is protective: or if your hair is long enough, wearing it in a bun held by a hair for or a hair stick.