PDA

View Full Version : One Month Fenugreek Seed Challenge (Hair loss/Increased Growth)

ChloeDharma
November 3rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
I read about this years ago but was reminded of it while reading up on methi/fenugreek seeds and hair growth. It is an Indian folk remedy for hair loss or increasing hair growth but it is would require a bit of commitment as it's done daily.

You massage your scalp with coconut oil before going to bed then in the morning you wash your hair and apply a methi seed pack for an hour or more if possible. Doing this for one month is said to stop hair loss and encourage new growth.

To make the methi pack you mix powdered methi seed with hot water the night before you wash your hair. It swells up quite a lot so you don't really need a lot of powder so it's quite an economical treatment. You do need to keep adding more water as it dries out easily as the seed absorbs the water and produces mucilage.

I know this sounds like a lot of work but if it works then I think it would be worth it, particularly for those suffering hair loss or excessive shedding. That said, although I want to do it I know I am terribly disorganised and rarely keep up with something this involved though I have stocked up on methi seed and plan on using it at least once per week maybe more.

Is anybody interested in doing this month long experiment?

Edelweiss
November 3rd, 2014, 08:34 AM
It seems really great, especially for those who suffer hair loss like me but I would never wash my hair daily... I don't think I could really see a difference if I do it once a week :/ It would mean that after 1 month I would only have applied it 4 times when I was supposed to do it 30 times... :(

Wildcat Diva
November 3rd, 2014, 08:46 AM
I do have powdered methi seed from a past idea to do a fenugreek wash. I wasn't really sure how to use it though. Maybe I'll try this on my scalp as a preshower treatment. I'm sticking to once a week washes though.

ChloeDharma
November 3rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
It seems really great, especially for those who suffer hair loss like me but I would never wash my hair daily... I don't think I could really see a difference if I do it once a week :/ It would mean that after 1 month I would only have applied it 4 times when I was supposed to do it 30 times... :(

I think once a week would be better than nothing. I was using it once or twice a week. Of course the point of this challenge is the daily methi pack but as an aside what about using fenugreek hair oil a few times a week? You can also make a rinse if you use the whole seeds instead of powder and apply that like a tonic if the packs or oil are too much to use daily. I'm quite a big fan of fenugreek whether it's the packs or in oils. The premade oils I have found the best usually have fenugreek as an ingredient.

ChloeDharma
November 3rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
I do have powdered methi seed from a past idea to do a fenugreek wash. I wasn't really sure how to use it though. Maybe I'll try this on my scalp as a preshower treatment. I'm sticking to once a week washes though.

It really is so easy to use, I use it like a conditioner though. You really just mix up a couple of spoonfulls or however much depending on hair length and thickness. It might take a couple of experiments to see how much you need but be aware it will increase in size a lot.

Wildcat Diva
November 3rd, 2014, 08:57 AM
Thanks! I will give it a try.