PDA

View Full Version : Injured by hair

Olavi
November 3rd, 2014, 12:07 AM
Every now and then I notice small, paper cut like slits in my fingers. It took me time to find out the culprit, which turned out to be my hair!

Normally cuts I get don't bleed, but i got three this morning, and one of them actually bled a little!

Does anyone else have hair prone to violence? :D

MungoMania
November 3rd, 2014, 12:34 AM
No. That's really weird. There are creams and lotions you can use on your fingertips to help heal papercuts fast.

Is the skin on your fingertips really dry? That would cause such an injury. I've never experienced lethal hair before. Maybe you should decrease the slip of your hair to help prevent this?

iluvbooks
November 3rd, 2014, 12:38 AM
I'm picturing your hair being a little like Edward Scissorhands' hands, lol :D

Olavi
November 3rd, 2014, 12:50 AM
Is the skin on your fingertips really dry? That would cause such an injury. I've never experienced lethal hair before. Maybe you should decrease the slip of your hair to help prevent this?
I actually have atopic skin, meaning my skin is really dry. It didn't come to my mind, that having dry skin would be reason for getting more cuts :O

I'm picturing your hair being a little like Edward Scissorhands' hands, lol :D

They sure are :'D

lapushka
November 3rd, 2014, 05:57 AM
I actually have atopic skin, meaning my skin is really dry. It didn't come to my mind, that having dry skin would be reason for getting more cuts :O

Yes, normally this can't happen, so it has to be that! :)

ooglipoo
November 3rd, 2014, 04:57 PM
Google hair splinters. Hairs can regularly penetrate the skin's surface and either cut or imbed the skin.

Hele
November 4th, 2014, 05:49 PM
ha, i've gotten hair splinters and hair "paper cuts" before...do you have coarse hair also? The SO learned the hard way to proceed with caution if he takes a notion to run his hand through my hair.

trolleypup
November 4th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Google hair splinters. Hairs can regularly penetrate the skin's surface and either cut or imbed the skin.
Stabbed through the web between two toes one time. Don't know how. Hurt like hell when I pulled it through.

Olavi
November 5th, 2014, 10:13 AM
ha, i've gotten hair splinters and hair "paper cuts" before...do you have coarse hair also? The SO learned the hard way to proceed with caution if he takes a notion to run his hand through my hair.

Yesh, I'm not the only one to get "paper cuts" \o/ I wouldn't say my hair is exactly coarse, but it's diverse. Some of the strands are very fine, almost invisible, and some are almost coarse :D Not sure which are the culprit for my cuts...

Luckily I haven't got hair splinters, I bet they reaaaaaally hurt.

MINAKO
November 5th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I had a hair splinter once, in my toe on the underside. So i gues i didnt clean well enough after microtrimming and thats how it got there.
I hope you find the right type of cream to solve this problem.