PDA

View Full Version : HELP i stupidly let a hairdresser thin my hair

PiXiEmandy
November 2nd, 2014, 05:36 PM
Yes ,I did it! I let a woman thin out my hair! and now I'm about to cry every time i pass a mirror its horrible and i lost 3 inches and it looks like mor cause its limp and then.......what if anything can I do?:stirpot::taz:

Puffer Fish
November 2nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
I mean, the only thing you can do now is leave it alone and trim out the layers over time. In the meantime my only immediate solution is to try to wear your hair back as much as you can so it doesn't distress you as much. I'm sorry you didn't like what happened, but luckily it is fixable. It's just a slow process.

LauraLongLocks
November 2nd, 2014, 05:56 PM
I think Puffer Fish is right. You'll just have to wait and grow out the layers over time. In wearing it back, might I recommend avoiding braids, as the shred will likely cause considerable distress for you. Just bun it. So sorry this happened to you. Did you tell your stylist to do it?

Wildcat Diva
November 2nd, 2014, 07:04 PM
What did she use? Thinning shears? A razor?

PiXiEmandy
November 2nd, 2014, 07:19 PM
no i have hearing issues and she just thought thats what would be best and when i asked what she was doing she said don't worry it will look good,,,

PiXiEmandy
November 2nd, 2014, 07:20 PM
razor i should have known

Puffer Fish
November 2nd, 2014, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry she didn't stop to make sure you knew/were okay with what she was doing! I always try to stop my hairdresser when I'm confused about what she's doing, and thankfully she listens to me.
I wish fast, healthy growth for you so you can be comfortable with your hair again. :flower:

spidermom
November 2nd, 2014, 07:45 PM
I've fallen into the thinning trap, too. After awhile, it won't look much different than having lots of new hairs growing in.

papillon
November 5th, 2014, 12:47 AM
I'm in the same boat as you! I normally have my hair thinned because it's much too thick. But this time it feels thinner than usual. It could also be that the weather is getting colder and I want a thick blanket of hair. I do take a daily Vitamin B Complex and my hair seems to grow on the fast side. My advice would be to take care of your hair as if nothing happened, so it can be the healthiest it can be while growing out.

Kherome
November 5th, 2014, 05:29 AM
If it was razored I'd get another haircut soon. Razor cuts really damage hair. They cut on an angle instead of straight across...meaning you expose a large chunk of the cortex and the hair is very prone to splitting and peeling. Never let a razor near your hair.

Marbid
November 5th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Funny thing. Takes minutes to get a bad haircut.. But its a long process to grow it out. And a costly one to fix... Knowing this, you'd think we'd be more vocal and assertive about what is being done to our hair. But so many of us just fall for that "hairdresser knows best because he/she is a profesional" crap, that we feel shy, out of place, and intimidated into not voicing our concers..

Then we are left in tears.. Spending mor money to fix it.. Or years to grow it out... Years, to undo something that was done in minutes. And often times, the lesson goes unlearned..

Addy
November 5th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I'm so sorry! Razor cuts are the WORST! They are absolutely dreadful!!!

Lyv
November 6th, 2014, 03:31 AM
I think you'll probably just have to wait it out and baby it. Usually it's not uniformly razored so it would be hard to know how much to trim to keep it from causing any damage :/ I've had mine razored a billion times because mine is so thick, now as soon as I sit down I tell the stylist that I DO NOT want my hair razored for any reason.

ukrworld
November 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I am so sorry for you. But your hair will grow back beautiful no matter what. I also have layers done by mistake, and that was by a highly praised expensive stylist. I so wish to have had a blunt haircut instead. I never had it razored though, so I know it must be painful. So many hairdressers have no idea what to do with beautiful full hair and all they do is butcher it by layering to death. Layers take so long to grow out. Hang in there, it will get better.

ukrworld
November 6th, 2014, 10:08 AM
There is some evidence that lighter shampoo and conditioner would be best for your razor thinned hair. And pay attention to damaged ends: oil them well regularly and keep protected. Watch for split ends that will travel up hair length and trim them often.

höpönasu
November 6th, 2014, 01:42 PM
I visited a hair dresser this summer and she asked if I wanted some layers. I'm the worst under the pressure and after I had "uhmm, ahh, I don't know ehhh" 'd some time I said no. I'm glad. But I almost let her do it because she asked and I somehow got really confused. :ponder:

Everyone gave you great tips, just put it up. I know it's stupid to say but it'll grow back. The hair dresser cut more than an inch I asked her but my hair grew back super fast!