PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Shedding 2 Month Update (I'm a iii again!)

ExpectoPatronum
November 2nd, 2014, 01:43 PM
As some of you may know, I have basically been struggling with excess shedding for a rather long time (a few years). In that time, my hair had thinned out pretty dramatically. I was definitely a iii+ at one point in my life, and my hair is about half as thick as I remember it being (going by braid size alone, anyway). When I joined LHC, I was barely a iii. Fast forward a few months later, and I was a ii/iii and working my way towards a solid ii. While I know that's still average, it's hard realizing you'd be average when your whole life you were complimented for how thick your hair was. I had tried everything that could be found online to try and curb my shedding, but nothing really helped in the long term. Something would help for a few days, but it would always start back up again.

A couple months ago, I started on birth control to regulate my hormones. Before I made the appointment for the hormone thing, I also took it upon myself to gain a couple pounds. At 5'6", 110 was just a little too thin for my liking and I don't think that was helping my shedding situation.

Here I am a couple months later. My excessive shedding is GONE. I lose maybe 20 hairs in a wash (as opposed to 100+) and already, I'm noticing a difference in the thickness of my hair. The baby hairs that I used to shed a lot are finally staying on my head, and I have a lot more growing in that have yet to join the ponytail. I measured the circumference today and it's.....4.19"! I'm really excited to see how much it increases given more time.

To those of you who are experiencing excessive shedding and nothing has helped - please go see your doctor if you can. It could be a sign that something else is amiss!

lapushka
November 2nd, 2014, 03:22 PM
Must have been growing in for quite some time, if you're measuring over 4 inches again so soon after starting BC and adjusting your diet. I'm glad you found the root cause, though. Losing thickness can be alarming. I once experienced it when I lost a lot of weight. Not pleasant!

Anyway. Woohoo. :D

Avis
November 2nd, 2014, 04:04 PM
Congrats on regaining your thickness! You must be very happy to know what the problem was and to have it fixed. :)