PDA

View Full Version : Spin pins vs Amish crinkled pins?

DarleneH
November 2nd, 2014, 05:31 AM
For those of you who've tried both, which held better?

emilia1992
November 2nd, 2014, 06:08 AM
Spin pins; I also find that I need fewer of them than amish pins.

eadwine
November 2nd, 2014, 06:14 AM
Spin pins, absolutely. They hold like nothing else.

Well ok.. glue maybe, but I doubt you want that in your hair :D

Stellaaa
November 2nd, 2014, 07:06 AM
Yup, spin pins FTW. Never had one work it's way out of my bun and wind up on the dance floor, a regular occurrence for crinkled amish pins.

DreamSheep
November 2nd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Definitely spin pins. I still haven't managed to make amish pins work for me.

Paranda Belle
November 2nd, 2014, 10:19 AM
I use thick crinkled hair pins from India which are similar to the amish pins and I prefer them to spin pins. Spin pins are great for joining hair to hair, but if I try and use them to attach my braid to my scalp for instance they don't work as well compared to my normal hair pins. Also I find they tug on scalp hair.

melusine963
November 2nd, 2014, 11:53 AM
I've never tried Amish pins, but I'm curious about them. I'll be watching this thread.

Aderyn
November 2nd, 2014, 12:59 PM
I've actually had better luck with just the straight amish pins in comparison to spin pins and crinkled amish pins. :shrug:

DarleneH
November 8th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I got some of the Conair Pin Twirls, and y'all, this is the first time I've ever made a bun that didn't HURT. This is big for me! It's been in about an hour now and it's staying pretty well but I might need more than 3 pins; I have a lock flopping out. I may need more to keep some layers smoothly in the bun, and I'll get a pack for my friend for Christmas! Thanks, guys!!!

maborosi
November 8th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Spin pins are amazing. Especially mini spin pins. They're the best at holding buns out of everything I've ever tried.

Kherome
November 8th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I've actually had better luck with just the straight amish pins in comparison to spin pins and crinkled amish pins. :shrug:

This, absolutely.

chen bao jun
November 9th, 2014, 08:13 PM
They are used for different styles, in my opinion. I use spin pins to hold up buns (instead of a million bobby pins which would shoot all over). Amish pins, I use to pin faux crown braids up. It takes too many amish pins to hold a bun up, in my opinion, though unlike bobby pins, they are very secure.
I would probably tend to use Amish pins a bit more though because for me, things that screw in can easily get too tight and pull on my scalp. I know that not everybody has this problem. If I get spin pins in just right, they are great. If not, they are painful, which amish pins never are.
ETA: the straight Amish pins shot out of my hair. I think they make the different types because one kind does not work for everybody, depending on hair type.