PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Criteria?

Red'N'Curly
November 1st, 2014, 07:38 PM
So, I'm finished with my WO experiment. I want to go back to shampooing every week or two. But in the meantime Husband has finished off the shampoo. So I Need to buy shampoo and conditioner tomorrow.

I've learned from y'all to avoid silicones, but what else am I looking for? It can't cost a fortune ;)

Thanks!

gustavonut
November 1st, 2014, 07:54 PM
Suave naturals should work. But that's just my opinion :3

Melispelos
November 1st, 2014, 09:08 PM
I shampoo every once in a while with the Suave Naturals shampoo, as mentioned above ^ It's cheap and doen't have cones.

melusine963
November 1st, 2014, 09:15 PM
If you've been WO for a while, I recommend getting a sulphate-free shampoo. Otherwise your scalp might rebel at the sudden harsh treatment. As for cone-free conditioner, I second the Suave Naturals suggestion. It's dirt cheap and works great for my hair.

gustavonut
November 1st, 2014, 09:39 PM
If you've been WO for a while, I recommend getting a sulphate-free shampoo. Otherwise your scalp might rebel at the sudden harsh treatment. As for cone-free conditioner, I second the Suave Naturals suggestion. It's dirt cheap and works great for my hair.

Or just try to Co and then use a vinegar rinse whenever there is build up. I do that sometimes.

animetor7
November 2nd, 2014, 12:51 AM
I would also like to throw out Organix shampoos and conditioners as an option. I really liked them before shampoo bars. You can also dilute them and they work just as well, maybe better for you if you've been WO for a while.

vega
November 2nd, 2014, 02:36 AM
I use palmers coconut shampoo and conditioner no sulphate or ail ones and $5 dollars each

torrilin
November 2nd, 2014, 05:54 AM
I don't think it hugely matters what you use. I tend to stick with fragrance free products. Aveeno makes a shampoo/body wash for babies that seems to have a suitable pH balance for adults and is fragrance free. Oil of Olay's sensitive skin face wash is a perfectly serviceable body wash and shampoo too that's fragrance free. And if you do ok with sodium laureth sulfate, Desert Essences makes a nice fragrance free shampoo that's free of absolutely everything exciting. Or Neutrogena's T-gel is fragrance free. Cetaphil can work pretty well too. Most of them work very well diluted, and that should give a pretty wide range of options that are available in drugstores and for something vaguely approaching cheap.

Just be careful of buying store brand versions. I often find the brand name is fragrance free, but the store brand isn't. So given my fragrance sensitivities, it's far better to pay the extra dollar or two for the product that won't make me itch.

Johannah
November 2nd, 2014, 06:40 AM
I really liked petal fresh for silicon free shampoos/conditioners.