PDA

View Full Version : In need for a curly advice!

daredevil14
October 31st, 2014, 02:42 PM
I've been CO-washing for a long time, it's fine, curls are fine but tends to become frizzy the next day or after, I also use coconut oil which is good but my hair never survives more than 2 days without becoming frizzy again.

On the other hand, cones are always a no-situation for me, if I use them, my hair is not frizzy for the 1st day but becomes a huge mess of hair the day after!

I am now run out of the cone-free conditioner which I've been using for 2 years, what should I do? Most of the stuff here have some sort of a silicone.

I tried everything (products, styling methods, etc...), I never use heat, do some people simply have frizzy hair by nature?

lapushka
October 31st, 2014, 03:13 PM
Have you ever tried the LOC method? The link is in my signature. You could try it, see if maybe you like it or not.

Hotrox
October 31st, 2014, 11:00 PM
hmm, not sure what to suggest. I can't see your hair type but my fine curly hair is a lot less frizzy when I use a conditioner with protein.

I am following Lapuska's WCC washing method using a conditioner with protein followed by a moisturizing one (both have comes) and have the most frizzy free hair of my life!! The protein helps with the frizz and the moisture one after stop it from getting too dry.

Also, are you doing the basics of no touching while drying and no brushing , ever! Any touching of my hair increases the frizz massively.

LadyCelestina
November 1st, 2014, 01:10 AM
Oh ,the number of curlies who survive 2 days with perfectly intact curls is very small.They are like unicorns :pegasus:.If it bothers you a lot you can try rinsing daily.

vega
November 1st, 2014, 03:53 AM
Hi daredevil it sounds like you need a trim , a trim makes all the difference good luck

GetMeToWaist
November 1st, 2014, 04:54 AM
Mayb you should shampoo once to clear buildup? Idk. Almond oil seems to help my hair with frizz and straightens it a bit, although i dont know if you want that. Leaving conditioner in can sometimes make hair look frizzy and sticky.

lapushka
November 1st, 2014, 07:08 AM
Hi daredevil it sounds like you need a trim , a trim makes all the difference good luck

Where did that come from - how do you figure that. What does this have to do with frizz?

CoveredByLove
November 1st, 2014, 07:38 AM
daredevil14

Do you know what porosity level your hair is? Knowing this has proven to be very beneficial for me when choosing products for my hair. I could be that your hair needs something to help lock in moisture--like Lapushka said---the LOC method makes a world of difference for this! I'm a testament to this method. Since starting, my curls have really come to life and stay frizz free! (I need to post a progress pic on that thread soon! It's amazing the difference!)
Please give it a try!

two_wheels
November 1st, 2014, 08:11 AM
Thirding LOC! The only thing that tames my frizz every time. Overnight coconut oil before washing helps sometimes too.

LongCurlyTress
November 1st, 2014, 08:48 AM
Hi all! Those who can use protein are so lucky to be able to use lapushka's LOC method! Sadly, protein (ie Shea Moisture products) only frizzes my hair out worse the next day after I wash it out, so I am what they call, "protein sensitive." I just use olive oil on my length after it dries, and that calms down the frizz, but then I wear it in lwb most days so it's ok if it is a bit oily. :(

Shout out to lapushka... what leave in conditioners do you suggest for a protein sensitive curly girl 3b such as myself? Thanks! :( :confused:

And of course, with the rainy season just starting up...well let's just say my unruly curls are needing a "time out!"

two_wheels
November 1st, 2014, 09:19 AM
:confused: LOC doesn't involve protein necessarily? I use Tresemme Naturals conditioner, coconut oil and kinky curly curling custard.

LongCurlyTress
November 1st, 2014, 12:14 PM
http://blackgirllonghair.com/2014/06/5-conditioners-for-protein-sensitive-hair/

Just found this article... :)

lapushka
November 1st, 2014, 12:26 PM
Shout out to lapushka... what leave in conditioners do you suggest for a protein sensitive curly girl 3b such as myself? Thanks! :( :confused:

No idea. I don't even know any protein-rich conditioners. Don't use them.

Oh right, but your question was about moisture conditioners. I love the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration - a lot! I'm not sure if it has protein, though.

:confused: LOC doesn't involve protein necessarily? I use Tresemme Naturals conditioner, coconut oil and kinky curly curling custard.

Yes, LOC doesn't have anything to do with whether you use protein or not.

jeanniet
November 1st, 2014, 01:50 PM
Hi all! Those who can use protein are so lucky to be able to use lapushka's LOC method! Sadly, protein (ie Shea Moisture products) only frizzes my hair out worse the next day after I wash it out, so I am what they call, "protein sensitive." I just use olive oil on my length after it dries, and that calms down the frizz, but then I wear it in lwb most days so it's ok if it is a bit oily. :(

And of course, with the rainy season just starting up...well let's just say my unruly curls are needing a "time out!"

It may not be the protein, but the shea butter. F curly hair usually does well with protein, but shea butter often causes frizz. I can use it in small amounts, but I usually avoid it it because it's easy to overdo and get a lot of frizz. I like SM products otherwise, but once I realized they were causing more problems than solving, I pretty much stopped using them.

CurlyCap
November 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
LongCurlyTress,

When I do LOC, I use flax seed gel, then an olive/avocado oil mix, then a small amount of blended shea/cocao butter.

My hair hates protein. You can do LOC and not use protein. The Type 4 community has been at it for ages. No worries. Try it.

vega
November 1st, 2014, 09:59 PM
Yes daredevil some people like myself have frizz hair by nature we have a few ways to combat this the word is called moisture frizz is a curl waiting to happen so deep condtitioning treatments are a must also regular mini trims it makes a big difference on my curls hope you find answers ur looking for hun

LongCurlyTress
November 2nd, 2014, 10:01 PM
LongCurlyTress,

When I do LOC, I use flax seed gel, then an olive/avocado oil mix, then a small amount of blended shea/cocao butter.

My hair hates protein. You can do LOC and not use protein. The Type 4 community has been at it for ages. No worries. Try it.
Thanks CurlyCap, jeanniet, and lapushka! I appreciate all your suggestions. I will look more into the LOC system. Thank you!!