PDA

View Full Version : Peacock twist: can someone explain this video in words?

Alexa
October 30th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I really want to be able to do this style, but I'm not sure I understand it. She says that when the first "stick is positioned right, it should feel pretty stable", but I can't tell by watching what "positioned right" means. And is the second stick positioned the same way but lower? Can anyone give me a written step-by-step? Thank you! :cheer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGblrUa_O8

Puffer Fish
October 30th, 2014, 02:33 PM
I think I've got steps for you here.

Step 1: Detangle hair (always first step!)
Step 2: Pull into a low ponytail.
Step 3: Twist.
Step 4: Pull end of pony toward the sky, in the same direction as the twist (she's twisting counterclockwise, so her pony goes up to the right. clockwise = up to the left)
Step 5: Insert stick from middle upward, through the twist. Gently scrape the scalp and turn it so the pointed end is now facing down and to the left. When she says 'positioned right' she means 'positioned correctly'.
Step 6: Insert second stick below first in the same manner.
Step 7: Look fabulous!

Alexa
October 30th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Thank you, Puffer Fish! I think it's Step 5 I'm having trouble with. I think I'm doing as you say, but doesn't seem to pin anything down, if that makes sense. It's loose and slips out right away, so there is clearly some important detail I'm missing. :ponder:

lapushka
October 30th, 2014, 03:28 PM
She almost twists the peacock twist under (watch closely, it's more like a French twist), so it's easy to position the first stick as she does - no wonder it feels stable.

I'd just use a claw clip. ;)

Lis
November 20th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Would a hair fork also work with this?