PDA

View Full Version : SURE having THICK hair is GREAT unless.......

hennalonghair
October 30th, 2014, 11:53 AM
It's growing out your neck. :tmi: :whistle:

:rant:

Madora
October 30th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Can't you shave away the offending pieces? But then again, maybe you want to keep them, no matter where they are!

spidermom
October 30th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Shaving gives stubble; who wants that?

Jorja
October 30th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Could be worse, could be your chin :agree:

Cania
October 30th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Could be worse, could be your chin :agree:

I get one wiry hair on my chin that I always seem to notice at the most inconvenient times. I pull it out but it just keeps coming... :pins:

DreamSheep
October 30th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I say it just means more hair! :) And cool hairlines!

lapushka
October 30th, 2014, 12:16 PM
It's growing out your neck. :tmi: :whistle:

:rant:

How is it growing out your... neck? Color me confused. :confused:
You mean your nape hair?

LadyCelestina
October 30th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Measure them and count them into your pony circ. :eyebrows:

DarleneH
October 30th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Are you sure you're not turning into a werewolf?.... :D

raudr
October 30th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I hate this! Prevents me from having that "sleek" look.

katielea
October 30th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I have it too! I'm thinking of getting it waxed. Anyone with experience waxing neck hair out there?

Larki
October 30th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I also not sure what the problem is. If it's nape hair...everyone has that! It's not just a thick hair thing, and it's something nobody ever notices.

katielea
October 30th, 2014, 01:04 PM
For me it's nape hair, but excessive. My hair is not that thick but I have dark hairs that go down the back of my neck. It's more than the average person's nape hairs for sure

Anje
October 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Be careful shaving it.

I tried that, several months back. Shaved too much! :(

So now I've got a funny little tuft growing back, that never goes into updos. It looks so stupid. :lol:

Wavelength
October 30th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Just wet the hair and twirl it around your finger. I do this with my nape hair, and it dries into little ringlets. Looks much better.

hennalonghair
October 30th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Measure them and count them into your pony circ. :eyebrows:

That was "spitting my beverage out" funny. :rollin:
No these aren't nape hairs. They are hairs that I eventually find by touch rather than by sight and they are right at the front of my neck in places where I can't see
There's only two.*
:shrug: but then my eye sights poor,*
Maybe I have lots of split ends but just don't know it :lol:
Ignorance is blissful*
Now I wonder how long they've heen there.

hennalonghair
October 30th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I have it too! I'm thinking of getting it waxed. Anyone with experience waxing neck hair out there?

Not on these but I have in other places and end up with absesses from ingrown hairs which become super painful and embarrassing

lapushka
October 30th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I think when you shave off, or wax, your nape hairs, it looks funny. It's like it's bald there, because you expect there to be some cute romantic looking bits.

hennalonghair
October 30th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I think when you shave off, or wax, your nape hairs, it looks funny. It's like it's bald there, because you expect there to be some cute romantic looking bits.
Yep! I'm with you and Anji here. Not only does it look odd but it just makes the hair grow stronger and all those fine baby hairs become thicker.

Been there! About 30 years ago I went to a salon to get my eyebrows waxed and everything was fine until she asked me if I'd like my moustache done also :mad::eek:

Needless to say it was the last time I went there
I didn't realize I had one

Not Lynn Merely
October 30th, 2014, 05:18 PM
That was "spitting my beverage out" funny. :rollin:
No these aren't nape hairs. They are hairs that I eventually find by touch rather than by sight and they are right at the front of my neck in places where I can't see
There's only two.*
:shrug: but then my eye sights poor,*
Maybe I have lots of split ends but just don't know it :lol:
Ignorance is blissful*
Now I wonder how long they've heen there.

Oh, yep, fun girl surprises. I have one, too. I just check for it every weekend with really good lighting and a 10x magnifying mirror.

And I have nape hair in the back growing halfway down the back of my neck. It has gotten less silly-looking since it started curling, though!

hennalonghair
October 30th, 2014, 05:52 PM
I really should get a stronger magnification mirror
I'm just not sure if I'm ready to see my face 10 times larger
The excessive nape hairs don't bother me either . They just turn into kiss curls and add a soft romantic look

Not Lynn Merely
October 30th, 2014, 06:05 PM
I make a point of not looking at my face with the mirror. It gets one obsessed with things that aren't visible to anyone else. *shudder*

Ingrid
October 30th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I've got those nape hairs too. They started regrowing after my massive shed/hair pulling stressful period was over. They stick out at the bottom of my buns and annoy me but at the same time I appreciate that they're back. I try to wear low buns to hide them but they still ends up escaping and tickling the backs of my ears.

LongCurlyTress
October 31st, 2014, 07:47 AM
...unless you want to leave it down in the summer, (it gets really hot under a blanket at 90*+) or it's raining (wanna know the definition of big hair? LOL) or you want to ride with the car windows open on a beautiful day ... well let's just say my hair is always up in a bun of sorts LOL!! :poot:

LongCurlyTress
October 31st, 2014, 07:59 AM

Yep!! Plus, I have been told those nape curlyques are very kissable!! :) Don't want to mess with that! &:D

lapushka
October 31st, 2014, 08:04 AM
Yep!! Plus, I have been told those nape curlyques are very kissable!! :) Don't want to mess with that! &:D

No you sure don't! ;)

hennalonghair
October 31st, 2014, 08:29 AM
Yep I agree. And a gorgeous head of curlyques you have.:)
Nape hair kiss curls are so feminine looking

Anje
October 31st, 2014, 08:58 AM
Mine grow forward nearly to my ear on one side (the now tufted side :lol:). It's not romantic on me, just sorta hairy in an "initial stages of The Shaggy Dog" sort of way.

And I don't even have thick hair as compensation! :wigtongue:

LongCurlyTress
October 31st, 2014, 09:06 AM
Yep I agree. And a gorgeous head of curlyques you have.:)
Nape hair kiss curls are so feminine looking

Thank you so much hennalonghair! :blossom:

And hi lapushka! ;)

LongCurlyTress
October 31st, 2014, 09:08 AM
Mine grow forward nearly to my ear on one side (the now tufted side :lol:). It's not romantic on me, just sorta hairy in an "initial stages of The Shaggy Dog" sort of way.

Awwww...:(

hennalonghair
October 31st, 2014, 09:13 AM

Yeah I can relate to the big hair look that longhairtress talks about and the shaggy dog look as well.
Its just some of the joys of having long curly hair

LongCurlyTress
October 31st, 2014, 09:17 AM
yeppppers!! ROFL~~ :);)

CitrusEscape
October 31st, 2014, 09:33 AM
Have you tried putting turmeric on it?

I used to have a lot of chin hairs, but I used this recipe to reduce the appearance of my acne marks. Not only did it minimize acne marks, but I have only one tiny chin hair now and it's been two weeks. (I used to have around 10 chin hairs.)

This is the recipe that I put on my face:
1/4 tsp of turmeric, 1/2 tsp of goat's milk powder, and 1/4 tsp lime juice

If you have sensitive skin, just skip the lime juice and add more milk powder and water.

I use this recipe every week.

Also, don't use too much turmeric. It will stain your skin yellow, especially if you have fairer skin.

hennalonghair
October 31st, 2014, 09:50 AM
Have you tried putting turmeric on it?

I used to have a lot of chin hairs, but I used this recipe to reduce the appearance of my acne marks. Not only did it minimize acne marks, but I have only one tiny chin hair now and it's been two weeks. (I used to have around 10 chin hairs.)

This is the recipe that I put on my face:
1/4 tsp of turmeric, 1/2 tsp of goat's milk powder, and 1/4 tsp lime juice

If you have sensitive skin, just skip the lime juice and add more milk powder and water.

I use this recipe every week.

Also, don't use too much turmeric. It will stain your skin yellow, especially if you have fairer skin.
AWESOME!!!! Thank you!!! Now you are my kinda girl.
Not only did you understand what I was talking about but offered a holistic solution.
Turmeric is one fabulous herb. It's fantastic for pain relief as any kind but especially arthritis due to its amazing anti inflammatory properties. But YES it stains. I'd tell ya a story about that too but.....
Nah!..lol I look forward to trying this. There aren't many hairs but its enough to make me very self conscious about its so thanks again citrusescape

hennalonghair
October 31st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Would I find goats milk powder at a health food store?
OR do you think I could use raw goats milk in place of the citrus juice?

CitrusEscape
October 31st, 2014, 11:29 AM
I found the goat's milk powder in a regular grocery store. Try having a look at the powdered milk section.

You could try the raw goat's milk instead of the powder, but it might not be creamy enough to stick on the skin.

Perhaps you don't need the citrus juice. But if you do use it, it might also bleach some of the hair.

Anyways, good luck!