PDA

View Full Version : tried WCC-but a question--especially for curlies, but all invited!

mamaherrera
October 29th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Ok I tried WCC last night, which I loved my hair feeling like seaweed, and my first conditioner got all the shed hairs out, the so second one, it just glided right on, no fights!! I used Tresemme Naturals first, than BodyShop Banana conditioner last. for me Tresemme is the best to detangle, so I thought that would be best first, so that I could right away detangle and get my shed hairs out, fingercombing. But anyways. .. . out of the shower, I added leave in conditioner, plopped the hair, and ten minutes later, I did my gel, scrunch thingy and plopped again. But my hair was nowhere NEAR as defined as other days, and no crunch (which is good) but lacking definition. could it be that I over-conditioned or just needed to add more gel to hold those clumps in?? Just curious as to what other curlies think--or anyone!! Thanks!

Eastbound&Down
October 29th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I would try without the leave in treatment, you could end up over-conditioning. Less is more at least for my curls.

lapushka
October 29th, 2014, 03:47 PM
My waves are slightly less defined with WCC, but not by much.

mamaherrera
October 29th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Maybe try without the leave in and see if that helps. I was just surprised because I felt like I put lots of gel in my hair, and even that gel didn't get crunch, I mean it felt as though I had no product in my hair, maybe with all the moisturize my hair had, I could've put in more product???

Hotrox
October 29th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Maybe! Try the same routine with no leave in and then the same again with more gel and see if either improves the curl definition.

I try to change just one thing at a time so I can tell what works and what doesn't. I've also kept a little log of products/routine and results, it's a fun little project and when you experiment a lot it can be difficult to remember what really works. I find even the small thing like how wet your hair is when you apply products can really make a difference, as well as how much you use and in what order.....

Hotrox
October 29th, 2014, 08:03 PM
double post

CoveredByLove
October 29th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Maybe try without the leave in and see if that helps. I was just surprised because I felt like I put lots of gel in my hair, and even that gel didn't get crunch, I mean it felt as though I had no product in my hair, maybe with all the moisturize my hair had, I could've put in more product???

I got this exact result as well he first few tries--puts lots of gel, but felt like I didn't put any gel in at all after it dried, Felt soft but it got frizzy and puffy an hour later. Adding more gel didn't help. So what fixed it for me was I skipped the leave in conditioner (like everyone is suggesting) in my LOC routine and instead didn't rinse out second conditioner completely. Then proceeded with the O (oils) and C (mousse or gel for me) I got much more volume and curl definition that lasted! I believe this happened to me for two reasons (1) I have porous hair that when it is over moisturized it swells, looses definition, then gets frizzy (2)I live in an area that has high dew points/humidity year around so my porous hair needs hard hold gels and anti humectant/sealants to block out moisture from the air. So, WCC works well for me as long as I skip the added leave in condish out the shower and seal it well with oils and harder hold gels! Hope this helps! :flowers:

mamaherrera
October 29th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Thanks CWL and everyone else too, for chiming in. I live in NM so it 's dry here and I don't think my hair is porous, but still, I'm gonna try leaving the leave-in out. and hopefully I get more volume. How do you know if your hair is better suited for mousse or gel?? I get tempted to try mousse, but hear so many bad results!! How often do you wash??? I'm just wondering since I wash 3 times per week, if my hair can handle that much WCC, but at least I don't really feel like it's extra manipulation, putting in the second conditioner, since it's all detangled after the first, but it is more time that my hair is spent underwater/being wet!

Hotrox
October 29th, 2014, 11:44 PM
I use mousse, I really like it for my hair. I've not noticed any damage/drying from it. I wash every 3rd day. I use the Paul Mitchell sculpting foam, it has added moisturizing ingredients and doesn't puff up as much as normal mousse when you squirt it out! I don't use a lot, maybe a walnut sized blob. I rotate this with a gel, I use the mousse every 2nd or so wash. I like it because it is a lighter hold than gel and leaves me with more volume than the gel does but still with good curl definition.

LadyCelestina
October 30th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Do you normally do the plop /gel/plop routine? If not,that could contribute to loss of definition.Also maybe your conditioner has some cones or oil that might straighten your curls a little bit,I'm not familiar with those so I can't tell :o

CoveredByLove
October 30th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I second Hotrox. But we have a different hair type than you. What is good for one persons hair may not be great for someone's else's. Do a lot of experimenting! :) I don't know what you are willing to pay for products, but Paul Mitchell is good stuff. I am currently loving the Organix Moroccan Argan line. The Voluminous mousse is very simular to what Hotrox described the Paul Mitchell stuff as- it's not super foamy and has great control/definition and awesome volume. So you might like it too Hotrox! :) It has oil blended in it, and makes my hair super shiny. It's fairly cheap as well- running around $5. It's a tad crunchy once your hair is dry, but I "scrunch the crunch" and it softens it up without losing the frizz control I need. If, for whatever reason WCC, doesn't work out for you, give CWC a try. It's a little less moisture intense than WCC method.

lapushka
October 30th, 2014, 08:29 AM
You could try double conditioning one time every two to three washes. See what that does. Or use a deep conditioner / masque instead. Switch it up some, and you might get to like it better. But you have to see whether it's something that's worth it, if not, no worries, it's surely not for everyone and I get that. :)

mamaherrera
October 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM
No and the other person was right, I don't usually plop/gel/plop. I usually just plop and gel, so I changed to many things, but yeah,maybe not for every wash. And now I'm motivated to try mousse!!