PDA

View Full Version : Form of scalp-only gone conventional

lapushka
October 29th, 2014, 08:56 AM
It's a bit more than washing your bangs. This is washing only the top of your head for a "fresher" look and for extending your washes. This has made it into "a conventional YT guru"'s routine. Thought I'd mention it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4g94N6qVTQ&list=UU4qk9TtGhBKCkoWz5qGJcGg

velorutionista
October 29th, 2014, 09:24 AM
thanks for sharing! (though I have to admit, I cracked up reading the title--getting away with (le gasp!) 3rd day hair!!!)

lapushka
October 29th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I know... us weekly washers laugh at that. ;) But there's plenty of people on here that need to wash daily, or even do second day hair only, etc. ...

truepeacenik
October 29th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Ooohhhh fourth day hair.

I do have to hand it to her, she's talking to product junkies. People who dirty their hair as they are styling it. And likely getting them to listen.
And she's not... Bubbly teenager who has never paid rent with a squeaky voice.
And no product recs. nice.
Not to mention I expected someone with shoulder length hair.

I wonder, for those who heat style/heat dry if simply washing their whole head in the sink, compared to shower, would be about the same time. What's the styling time savings having the underlayer mostly left alone?

I'm thinking about being a schlub and going a couple days over my normal just to track where it gets oily first. I have a good idea of the pattern, but now I'm curious.
Do front areas appear greasy faster because typically they are layered, therefore more easily weighted down?
Or is the frnot of the scalp actually producing more oil/ getting facial skin oils?
Do we just expect Farrah hair in the front?

lapushka
October 29th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Do we just expect Farrah hair in the front?

Maybe it's because roots at the back, when left down, are far far less visible. Your head goes vertical there so...

velorutionista
October 29th, 2014, 11:45 AM
^^ That makes sense.

I feel like the front/top gets oilier (for me, anyhow) faster because I touch it more during the day, too (i.e. to brush hair out of the way, or put it up, etc.)