View Full Version : need some advice.

Linaru
October 29th, 2014, 03:53 AM
I have been having a bit of problem with my hair.
for some time it has been thining out around the front, so i ended up parting it centrally to help cover it while my hairs been growing.

however my hair is becoming thinner at the front, encroaching inwards and patches are starting to show through.
link to picture of hair style

http://i.imgur.com/dpVoKR7.png
(sorry about the picture quality)

this area is mirrored on the opposite side as well.

ideally id like a nice side-part with side swept fringe but i find it impossible to style my hair any other way without revealing these thinner patches.

not really sure what i can do about it or what is causing it but would really appreciate some advice.

cathair
October 29th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Have you seen a doctor about this, or had any blood tests done?

Hotrox
October 29th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Have you seen a doctor about this, or had any blood tests done?

^^This. It is very important to check there is no underlying medical cause. The shape of the loss does look like hereditary pattern baldness, if this is is the cause their are also treatments available and you should check the recipes and herbal hair care board. Many members have had success using herbs and rinses to help with hairloss.

Linaru
October 29th, 2014, 06:00 AM
nope, I am getting a blood test done on Friday for other reasons so I can probably ask then.

for a while i have been putting it down to depression / stress

lapushka
October 29th, 2014, 02:39 PM
nope, I am getting a blood test done on Friday for other reasons so I can probably ask then.

for a while i have been putting it down to depression / stress

No, this is important. Show your doctor!