PDA

View Full Version : Un-happy with my hair.Talkme down from doing something I'll regret.

Nadine <3
October 28th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone! This is going to be a rather depressing post, my apologies. I can't help it unfortunately.

I'm not sure if it's so much my hair that I hate, how I look in general or just the stressful things coming up in the next few days but I've been having urges to cut my hair to shoulder. I KNOW I'll hate it, I hated it last year when I cut it off, I very much regretted it so I can't figure out why I feel so inclined to cut! My hair has never been as long as it is now, and I've been loving it, however I do not feel very pretty. When I look at my hair I just feel restless and bored. I can never just do my hair and feel happy with it, I keep rearranging it and doing it over again, but I don't feel happy with it even after I "fix" it. My bangs are growing out and they're at an awkward strange, the look really stupid and won't sit right. They hit my glasses in an odd way that makes the ends flip up and I look like a peacock. I can pin them back but then I look like I've been scalped.

Now, I have a lot of stress in my life due to my significant other being in jail and us having a no contact. I just really don't feel like fully explaining that because it's just really confusing and everyone I have told thinks it's the silliest thing they'd ever heard of. They're right, it's silly and unfair to the both of us. Anyways...tomorrow is his hearing. I've decided to either move on from him or stay with him based on how that goes and I'm freaking out. I still love him with my heart and soul, but he's looking at a lot of time and I'm so young still. I can't put my life on hold and wait for him. I would like to, but I also want to live and experience life and right now with him in jail and being unable to speak to him is maddening. Anyways, he's the one who encouraged me to grow my hair out and while I do love my hair it was for him originally.

I do not want to cut all of my hair off, I really don't. I love my hair, I just feel bored with it. Stress is making me feel like doing something drastic to it.:( I put it into two heavily oiled pigtail braids with a fun hat. Maybe I can just leave it braided and oiled so I don't really have to look at it. I really want these feelings to pass so I don't do anything dumb...

Anyone have any ideas for non-damaging drastic things I can play around with without cutting it? Sorry for my rambling, thanks for listening.

LadyCelestina
October 28th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Oh :grouphug:

Your hair has nothing to do with it.Paint your nails instead.Do a body scrub.Log off LHC or stick to the off-topic hair boards.I hope all will end up well for you,however you choose to do.
You don't have to take my advice,you are in control of your choices,but I would stay with the boyfriend if it was over a silly thing.

Nadine <3
October 28th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I want to stay with him, but he's in a lot of trouble. (felony...) He could end up in prison for a long time. Lots of other factors are at play as well. I want children but am unable to have my own. Nobody would adopt to me if I was with him...Just a lot of heavy stuff like that going on in my brain.

My hair is oiled and out of my way and I gave my mom my hair scissors to hide. Maybe I should take a break from LHC so I can really forget about my hair for awhile, at least until things around here calm down and I'm feeling better.

Thank you <3

lovinglocks
October 28th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the stressful situation you are in.

In regards to your hair, whether wanting to do something drastic relates to your stress, or if it's because you're at your awkward stage, either way it will pass. Your awkward stage is just that, a stage, and if you leave your hair along, it will continue to grow and no longer drive you nuts. The only want I made it through that was to put it up and to avoid looking at it for a little while. My awkward stage was about shoulder length. Bleh. The only thing I can think that may keep you satisfied without cutting your hair is looking for new styles for your length. That was you can find something new and exciting to do with your hair, and in no time your hair will be longer and hopefully you'll be happy with it.

Best wishes for you, your hair, and your relationship with your significant other.

memeow
October 28th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Nadine I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. It sounds like a lot of stress, and as LadyCelestina said, I'm sure your hair is really the least of it. I know that feeling of just not being comfortable in your skin.

Keeping your hair up and out of your face so you don't need to look at it sounds like a great start. Just do the minimum--wash in the simplest ways when it's dirty, keep it in braids and buns, don't spend too much time looking in the mirror wishing it were longer/silkier/less flippy. You have more important things to deal with, and playing with your hair should be something relaxing. Make sure you're taking care of yourself in all the other ways too, like getting enough sleep, making time to see friends and family, getting some exercise, eating some tasty things. This will pass. You say you'll regret chopping, so just hang in there. It will get easier.

lapushka
October 28th, 2014, 03:28 PM
You are wanting to cut it off for reasons that are beyond you and beyond your control. Growing your hair out is something that you do control, but first and foremost decide for yourself to do, not for someone else. If deep down, it is something you want for you, then these awkward stages will pass - easily.

Nadine <3
October 28th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I know that feeling of just not being comfortable in your skin.
I think you hit the nail on the head! I just don't feel comfortable being me right now. I was unhappy with my skin, my clothes, my hair...I nitpicked my entire appearance this morning until I had effectively driven myself into a depression. For whatever reason I do that to myself when I get stressed out. I kinda feel like an idiot getting so worked up over hair when I have so many other things to worry about.

Tomorrow I will go get a pedicure with my best friend. We're both worried about the hearing...we can go distract each other for the day.

I'm going to log off of LHC for a bit so I can focus on non-hair things.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 28th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I am sorry to hear that you have all these stresses in your life, Nadine.

As for feeling the need to cut your hair, think of it this way. Every time you have cut your hair short before, you have hated it. Your goal is to have long hair.

Your choice is to have your stress with long hair or your stress with shorter hair. Which situation would be the lest stressful for you. Wouldn't chopping your hair just stress you out even more?

As for ways to ease your stress, can you try eating nutritiously, some daily exercise, having regular sleeping hours, try prayer or talking to a good friend about the situation.

Hugs, and I hope the situation can be resolved for you and you can come to a decision as to how you want things to proceed from here on in. :)

mz_butterfly
October 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Maybe you could get a wig in a style that suits you and wear it for awhile? Being Halloween, costume wigs should be going on clearance right now. You could also wear bandanas, scarves, buffs or hats. Maybe the less you see your hair the less you will be inclined to cut it.

I wish the best for you and hope you get to feeling better soon. :flower:

two_wheels
October 28th, 2014, 03:55 PM
:grouphug: you keep saying over and over again that you don't want to cut it. Worth bearing in mind.

I find parandas rather helpful when I'm bored :)

Lady Mary
October 28th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I've cut and cut (as you can see, it's in the "I cut it again" stage.) One of the factors that always contributes to it is the "bla" feeling of limp yucky hair. I can solve it by washing it, even if it's just the day after a wash and it was really not dirty, if I feel so icky that it makes me want to cut it, it needs to be washed. I feel much better when I look my best. Seeing pretty clean hair always makes me realize it would have been a mistake.

Majorane
October 28th, 2014, 04:10 PM
1) Remember the two week rule. You wanna cut it? Sure! Fine! Two weeks from now you can. If you still think you want to cut at the 11th, you can make an appointment or do it yourself at 9,00 in the morning on the 12th.
2) Like everyone said, it's not the hair, it's the stress. Get on youtube and start braiding cool updo's, or ignore them and paint nails, or don't do anything body related (I think that would be best) to get through the stress. Which is easier said than done.
3) you now have longer hair than you ever had before: = new. And you are growing out your bangs: = new. Maybe two new things is too much, hairwise. I'ts quite a change in your looks to get BOTH longer hair and no bangs. IF you feel you must do something to cheer you up, maybe consider doing your bangs. That way you have one familiar thing of your hair back, and growing out bangs is a lot less painfull than going from minus shoulder back to apl-bsl.

Just so you know, in june 2013 all the accumulated stess of the years before caused me to bleach my hair from bsl to shoulder and veggiedye it. A oart crumbled away and Ilm still growing out damage and bleach. So, I know absolutely the correlation between stress and HAIRCUT NOW ROOAR feelings.

I hope things will be better soon for you. :flower:

spidermom
October 28th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I'm really sorry for your distress right now. At least you know for sure that you DON'T want to cut your hair, not really.

Try making a pouf with those awkward bangs - don't pull them back tight to your head. My bangs are at an awkward length, too. I wanted to try side-swept bangs for awhile, and they don't do that yet. They fall into my eyes if I don't do something with them.

There are a lot of good suggestions here. Busy yourself with other things. Time will pass, issues will be resolved, and your hair will grow.

Madora
October 28th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone! This is going to be a rather depressing post, my apologies. I can't help it unfortunately.

I'm not sure if it's so much my hair that I hate, how I look in general or just the stressful things coming up in the next few days but I've been having urges to cut my hair to shoulder. I KNOW I'll hate it, I hated it last year when I cut it off, I very much regretted it so I can't figure out why I feel so inclined to cut! My hair has never been as long as it is now, and I've been loving it, however I do not feel very pretty. When I look at my hair I just feel restless and bored. I can never just do my hair and feel happy with it, I keep rearranging it and doing it over again, but I don't feel happy with it even after I "fix" it. My bangs are growing out and they're at an awkward strange, the look really stupid and won't sit right. They hit my glasses in an odd way that makes the ends flip up and I look like a peacock. I can pin them back but then I look like I've been scalped.

Now, I have a lot of stress in my life due to my significant other being in jail and us having a no contact. I just really don't feel like fully explaining that because it's just really confusing and everyone I have told thinks it's the silliest thing they'd ever heard of. They're right, it's silly and unfair to the both of us. Anyways...tomorrow is his hearing. I've decided to either move on from him or stay with him based on how that goes and I'm freaking out. I still love him with my heart and soul, but he's looking at a lot of time and I'm so young still. I can't put my life on hold and wait for him. I would like to, but I also want to live and experience life and right now with him in jail and being unable to speak to him is maddening. Anyways, he's the one who encouraged me to grow my hair out and while I do love my hair it was for him originally.

I do not want to cut all of my hair off, I really don't. I love my hair, I just feel bored with it. Stress is making me feel like doing something drastic to it.:( I put it into two heavily oiled pigtail braids with a fun hat. Maybe I can just leave it braided and oiled so I don't really have to look at it. I really want these feelings to pass so I don't do anything dumb...

Anyone have any ideas for non-damaging drastic things I can play around with without cutting it? Sorry for my rambling, thanks for listening.

but he's looking at a lot of time and I'm so young still. I can't put my life on hold and wait for him

A very important realization, Nadine<3! You ARE young and have your entire life ahead of you. Don't waste it on a felon. If he "loved" you, would he have jeopardized that devotion by doing something dishonest and felonious? He didn't consider how his misdeeds would affect YOU, and that's enough for you to end the relationship and get on with your life, hopefully with someone more deserving.

The hair situation boils down to this: if you don't feel pretty, then cut it. But remember you'll need to keep the style "in shape" as long as you have it. You can always grow out again.

If you are on the fence about doing something drastic, WAIT until all the hurly burly has died down and you have time to consider the repercussions of cutting. When you are in an emotional state, your thinking suffers. Wait...then do what satisfies YOU! Good luck!

lapushka
October 28th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I sure hope by now you haven't done anything drastic, because it seems awfully quiet around here...

Beckstar
October 28th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Don't cut if you're feeling emotional. It's good advice to busy yourself with other things (knit, sew, paint your nails, talk to us). You have to worry about your happiness and your future! We like you and enjoy chatting with you. How are you doing?

Nadine <3
October 28th, 2014, 05:54 PM
but he's looking at a lot of time and I'm so young still. I can't put my life on hold and wait for him

A very important realization, Nadine<3! You ARE young and have your entire life ahead of you. Don't waste it on a felon. If he "loved" you, would he have jeopardized that devotion by doing something dishonest and felonious? He didn't consider how his misdeeds would affect YOU, and that's enough for you to end the relationship and get on with your life, hopefully with someone more deserving.

The hair situation boils down to this: if you don't feel pretty, then cut it. But remember you'll need to keep the style "in shape" as long as you have it. You can always grow out again.

If you are on the fence about doing something drastic, WAIT until all the hurly burly has died down and you have time to consider the repercussions of cutting. When you are in an emotional state, your thinking suffers. Wait...then do what satisfies YOU! Good luck!
The problem is, when I met him he was already in trouble (on a bracelet actually) but we fell in love anyways. He wasn't supposed to be in a relationship in the first place and that's what got him into more trouble. He got caught because he wanted so badly to give me a "normal" relationship, or as normal as he could make it. I knew he was going to be on paper for awhile when I met him and I was okay with that because I loved him and I was willing to wait out his parole with him. Then his parole officer found out he was hiding me from her and he got into a whole lot of trouble. I sometimes blame myself, I should have made him talk to his parole officer...but I was scared she would tell me I couldn't see him. So yeah...

I sure hope by now you haven't done anything drastic, because it seems awfully quiet around here...
Nope, I washed and conditioned it and blew the bangs and front bits dry. It doesn't look to bad now. you can see the year of effort gone into it.

I'm really sorry for your distress right now. At least you know for sure that you DON'T want to cut your hair, not really.

Try making a pouf with those awkward bangs - don't pull them back tight to your head. My bangs are at an awkward length, too. I wanted to try side-swept bangs for awhile, and they don't do that yet. They fall into my eyes if I don't do something with them.

There are a lot of good suggestions here. Busy yourself with other things. Time will pass, issues will be resolved, and your hair will grow.
Sounds like mine are about the same length. I've always had and loved side swept but a few months ago I decided I wanted straight crossed bangs. I liked them for a bit then decided I was sick of them so now I'm trying to grow them back out and they hit the rim of my glasses and flip out. I do like doing a poof with them but I need about a half a can of hairspray to get them to stay, otherwise they fall to the side. Any tips for getting them to stay?

1) Remember the two week rule. You wanna cut it? Sure! Fine! Two weeks from now you can. If you still think you want to cut at the 11th, you can make an appointment or do it yourself at 9,00 in the morning on the 12th.
2) Like everyone said, it's not the hair, it's the stress. Get on youtube and start braiding cool updo's, or ignore them and paint nails, or don't do anything body related (I think that would be best) to get through the stress. Which is easier said than done.
3) you now have longer hair than you ever had before: = new. And you are growing out your bangs: = new. Maybe two new things is too much, hairwise. I'ts quite a change in your looks to get BOTH longer hair and no bangs. IF you feel you must do something to cheer you up, maybe consider doing your bangs. That way you have one familiar thing of your hair back, and growing out bangs is a lot less painfull than going from minus shoulder back to apl-bsl.

Just so you know, in june 2013 all the accumulated stess of the years before caused me to bleach my hair from bsl to shoulder and veggiedye it. A oart crumbled away and Ilm still growing out damage and bleach. So, I know absolutely the correlation between stress and HAIRCUT NOW ROOAR feelings.

I hope things will be better soon for you. :flower:

Thank you,

So, I know absolutely the correlation between stress and HAIRCUT NOW ROOAR feelings.
This made me laugh, haha. I'm not going to cut it, I want to just about every time I look at it, so I just won't look at it. Blowing the bangs straight did make it look rather pretty though! Only lasts a day though, once I sleep on them they'll be flippy and annoying again.

I've cut and cut (as you can see, it's in the "I cut it again" stage.) One of the factors that always contributes to it is the "bla" feeling of limp yucky hair. I can solve it by washing it, even if it's just the day after a wash and it was really not dirty, if I feel so icky that it makes me want to cut it, it needs to be washed. I feel much better when I look my best. Seeing pretty clean hair always makes me realize it would have been a mistake.

Washing it did make me feel better, even though it wasn't really dirty. I washed yesterday but it was already feeling blah.

:grouphug: you keep saying over and over again that you don't want to cut it. Worth bearing in mind.

I find parandas rather helpful when I'm bored :)
Ohh, yes I'd have to make a new one. I grew out of mine and haven't made a new one yet! Thank you, I will get busy picking out colors! :)

Maybe you could get a wig in a style that suits you and wear it for awhile? Being Halloween, costume wigs should be going on clearance right now. You could also wear bandanas, scarves, buffs or hats. Maybe the less you see your hair the less you will be inclined to cut it.

I wish the best for you and hope you get to feeling better soon. :flower:
A wig sounds fun! I could get a really pretty long haired wig so I can have my goal hair NOW :) I tried a few bandannas today, those where okay. I love my hats though, the less I can see of it the better. It's getting cold anyways.

I am sorry to hear that you have all these stresses in your life, Nadine.

As for feeling the need to cut your hair, think of it this way. Every time you have cut your hair short before, you have hated it. Your goal is to have long hair.

Your choice is to have your stress with long hair or your stress with shorter hair. Which situation would be the lest stressful for you. Wouldn't chopping your hair just stress you out even more?

As for ways to ease your stress, can you try eating nutritiously, some daily exercise, having regular sleeping hours, try prayer or talking to a good friend about the situation.

Hugs, and I hope the situation can be resolved for you and you can come to a decision as to how you want things to proceed from here on in. :)
Thanks you! I do try eating well (I eat more junk food than I'm proud of when I'm depressed and in a funky mood) and doing light exercise is helpful. I have a foot with tendinitis in it, so sometimes it can be painful and i can't though. I take vitamins and I try getting enough sleep but sleep and I are not the best of friends. I am in therapy so I have someone to talk with about stuff. I sometimes avoid talking about my SO with her though because sometimes it seems like she's encouraging me to just forget about him and I hate it when she does that.

Don't cut if you're feeling emotional. It's good advice to busy yourself with other things (knit, sew, paint your nails, talk to us). You have to worry about your happiness and your future! We like you and enjoy chatting with you. How are you doing?

I do like to paint, I should pick up my brush more than I do. I'm feeling pretty down and blue right now. My SO was my first ever boyfriend and I'm not sure what I expected being in a relationship to be like, but this wasn't it.

Beckstar
October 28th, 2014, 06:04 PM
First boy/girlfriends can be considered practice. ;) You have a great personality, seem like a very caring person, and going by your pictures, you are very pretty! And anyone who likes cats has to be tops!

Nadine <3
October 28th, 2014, 06:13 PM
First boy/girlfriends can be considered practice. ;) You have a great personality, seem like a very caring person, and going by your pictures, you are very pretty! And anyone who likes cats has to be tops!
Ha, practice in patience for sure! Anyone who love kitties is okay by me too, I've been caring for my SO's kitty, Buster while he's in jail. I flipped out and made his mom get buster and bring him to me, otherwise she was going to just stop at the his house once a day to make sure he was okay. Poor kitty needs more care than that!

I suppose, I should just chill out, distract myself all day tomorrow and then decided what to do based on the hearing tomorrow.

Also, no hair cutting.

Allie_snowflake
October 28th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Sounds like you're feeling better Nadine. Glad to hear it :bounce: Sounds like you have a support system too. Even if they don't know exactly how you feel, I hope it's comforting for you to know they're there for you. (And every kitty I ever had was a great listener :) )

DreamSheep
October 28th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear the scissors won't be getting any action.

Sending you lots of hugs from over here - hope the hearing goes well! <3
Enjoy the pedicure tomorrow, and take it easy :)

Avis
October 28th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Also, no hair cutting.

Yay! You have such beautiful hair and I know how much regret you can feel when you stress cut it. I nearly cut back to a pixie when I felt blah about my hair and I'm really glad I didn't. When I get stressed about things, I like to bake (probably not the healthiest thing to do but it helps). I like making flour tortillas because it's a lot of work and I stop focusing on what's bothering me and start focusing on what my hands are doing.

I don't really know what to say about your relationship. It sounds pretty complicated and I've never been in a situation like yours, but it always helps to know that there are people who will support you whatever you decide to do. :grouphug:

starfire
October 28th, 2014, 07:40 PM
manic panic? (or some other non-permanent, non-damaging funky hair color)

I used to get that urge to chop off my hair a lot. It wasn't that I wanted shorter hair; I just wanted a major change in my crappy life. Sometimes I cut. Sometimes I did something else that was drastic, like give myself piercings. If my hair weren't black (and thus manic panic does not show up on my hair), a temporary hair dye in some outrageous color would be my go-to change!

I hope everything works out for you!

Wosie
October 29th, 2014, 06:24 AM
You've gotten heaps of really good advice. :blossom: I absolutely know the feeling of being down and tired of oneself, and then making a change in one's appearance (hair is one of the easiest things on yourself you can change in a heartbeat if you wish) feels very much needed. It's a feeling that will pass after a while... most of the time. However, if the feeling will remain month after month, then you might think about cutting it (just a little in the beginning, to see if it makes a difference on the "blah" feeling).

I hope you feel better today. :flower: Last but not least, I just have to add that you have very beautiful hair; the picture with braid waves is :thud:-worthy!

lady mechanic
October 29th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Oh bunny you are beautiful!!!!I won't say weather or not you should cut it. My best advice is just pull it up don't look at it for a few weeks then decide a little later once everything is calmed down. My man advice is you don't have to wait for him. Go. Live your life do as you please. If you happen to be avaliable when he gets out great and if not that's great too. You do what's best for you and right now that sounds like relaxing as hard is it may be. What about focusing on another beauty thing besides hair? Maybe a new face cream or get into doing your nails? Hope I was able to help a bit. Stay strong you can and will make it through this!

Laurenji
October 29th, 2014, 10:18 AM
When I was pregnant and growing out my bangs, I often felt very "blah" about my appearance. What saved me was learning how to do a dutch lace braid that started just above one ear and went over to the other ear like a headband. It kept the bangs out of my eyes when they were growing out, and also I could just keep the braid in for a couple days, put my hair in a bun without looking, and not even look in the mirror to give myself a chance to obsess about how bad I felt I looked.

Agnes Hannah
October 29th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Good luck for the hearing tomorrow, I hope it goes well for you. You have some big decisions to make now, and I wish you the very best. As for your hair, you have made so much progress with it and it is looking really good right now, you should be proud of it. Fine hair like ours takes a lot of looking after, I have just put some streaks in mine to blend greys and because the pale brown colour was making me fretful, I needed something. Change can be good, take control of it though. You are a young person with a lot of living to do, make the most of it, and stay true to what you want. Hugs x

Nadine <3
October 29th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Oh my goodness, reading these lovely responses has me near tears. I'm feeling better today. I had to get up earlier that usual for a doctors appointment so I'm tired, and I keep having panic attacks but emotionally I'm far better than I was yesterday. I let myself wear my hair down all day today when I usually wear it up. It feels so much nicer to wear down! Tonight I misted my hair, sealed with oil and put in into dutch pigtails. I plan on wearing my hair down and wavey tomorrow. It makes me feel better about my hair. I might just wear it down when it's clean and wear it up to hide greasy days instead of worrying about the damage of wearing it down. I am much happy that way and I feel much prettier. I went and got my nails done today and it felt so nice to be pampered. I have not taken time out for myself in so long, everything has been worrying about my so this, my so that, emails back and forth with his mom, emails with his lawyer, sucking up to his parole officer so I can get her to drop the no contact, blah blah blah! I think I just needed to step back and have some me time.

I have not heard how the hearing went, his mom said she would email me when she knows something. They have 10 days to make the decision. I was told he would call his mom only if there was something huge to talk about otherwise he was going to save the call and talk it over during visitation on Thursday so I should know something for sure by then.

Anyways, thank you all for the support. It means so much to me, I don't think you guys could understand just how much it means. I can't even put it into words. I think I'm past the desire to whack my hair off, but my mom is holding my scissors hostage just to be on the safe side. I could see myself getting bad news and going to town on my hair like a crazy person. I think I'm going to just be less strict about my hair care for a bit. Wash it if I feel like it, wear it down if I want, blow dry my bangs so I don't look stupid...those sort of things.

Thank you all <3

moontree
October 29th, 2014, 08:15 PM
*hugs!* Stay strong, you will persevere and things will be okay.

Phoenixoxo
October 30th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Let us know when you find out Love

hennalonghair
October 30th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the stressful situation you are in.

In regards to your hair, whether wanting to do something drastic relates to your stress, or if it's because you're at your awkward stage, either way it will pass. Your awkward stage is just that, a stage, and if you leave your hair along, it will continue to grow and no longer drive you nuts. The only want I made it through that was to put it up and to avoid looking at it for a little while. My awkward stage was about shoulder length. Bleh. The only thing I can think that may keep you satisfied without cutting your hair is looking for new styles for your length. That was you can find something new and exciting to do with your hair, and in no time your hair will be longer and hopefully you'll be happy with it.

Best wishes for you, your hair, and your relationship with your significant other.
I'm glad you didn't cut it. Perhaps you are focussing on not liking your hair because its a great distraction. It's easier to dislike an inanimate object than sit fully with your feelings.
In my experience I don't make any big hair decisions while in stressful situations. Your hair and skin are the first things to show stress so judging your hair while you aren't feeling well isn't fair for you or your hair.
If you're stressed you probably aren't eating well or taking care of yourself the way you should and your hair is just a reflection of that. As soon as you start eating good nutritious food and drinkng lots of water your hair will respond accordingly. When you take care of yourself your perspective changes for the better

Until then Id put it up and out of the way so you aren't even looking at it. There's definitely certain stages of hair growth we all go through and then all a sudden one day you notice that you suddenly like it again.

Nadine <3
October 30th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Thank you guys...still nothing. We did here from his lawyer saying he did the best he could and that the hearing went well but there's some big issues still. It all falls onto how the judge is feeling now. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting, his mom is on pins and needles...everyone is worried and stressed about it. Even though my hair was pretty clean I ended up washing it today anyways. It just makes me feel better, the act of washing it, conditioning, smoothing in my leave ins, detangling. It's relaxing. I'll have to do a deep treatment soon though, my ends are getting dried out from stress washing...:oops: Better than cutting it all off!

I am trying the best I can to take care of myself but I'm not sleeping very well and I feel really blue. I have no appetite, so I force a little something every few hours. I'm probably not drinking enough either. I am trying my hardest!

Agnes Hannah
October 31st, 2014, 12:00 PM
Hang on in there Nadine, sending wishes and hugs x

Sarahlabyrinth
October 31st, 2014, 06:00 PM
Yep, hang on in there. This bad time will pass and you are doing really well. Every day that passes brings you that much closer to being in a better space.

Lady Mary
October 31st, 2014, 06:37 PM
When you're stressed or not feeling right, just wash it, even if it's just the next day. It can be a little pick me up thing. Best wishes on the final judgement.

gnome82
November 1st, 2014, 04:13 AM
Nadine, my heart goes out to you, I hope that you find peace soon :blossom: