PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please?!

xoChesleyy
October 28th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Hello LHC! I have been looking for a henna/indigo alternative due to my busy schedule.. I love the results of henna and indigo, but I honestly really do not have the time for it anymore. I came across this YouTube video about an "organic" black dye (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Tx-c7WOA0) and I do think the outcome looks nice, but when I researched the product (BSY Noni Black Hair Magic) reviews on Amazon, there were a lot of negative reviews saying it has chemicals, causes adverse reactions, etc. The product claims to be 100% organic and plant based so I'm wondering if maybe these people were just allergic to one of the ingredients or if this product is truly not organic.. I do not use chemicals on my hair and certainly am not willing to go back to box hair dyes, so what do you guys think I should do? Any advice is appreciated and if any of you have any other suggestion of any non-damaging black dyes please let me know! It is time for my root touch-up and as I said, I do not have the time for the henna/indigo process anymore.. :(

By the way, here is a link to the reviews of the product on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Natural-Black-Covers-para-phenylenediamine/dp/B00A9ZTXRM/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1414475874&sr=1-2&keywords=bsy+noni+black+hair+magic#customerReviews

fiğrildi
October 28th, 2014, 04:12 AM
Honestly, I would trust the reviews, and don't buy the product. Based on the comments, it looks like this dye has some dangerous chemicals on it... it seems even worse than conventional hair dye (because at least, you know the ingredients of conventional dye). I find it suspicious that the seller doesn't provide an ingredients list. I would not buy the product, definitely.

I guess you'll have to choose between sticking with indigo, growing out natural, or risking your health with a product with bad reviews.

tigereye
October 28th, 2014, 04:24 AM
I find it very suspicious that there is no ingredients list to be found on the box, or on the web. It's advertised as organic, but isn't certified as being so. On their website they state that "there are no reports of any allergic reactions using BSY Noni black hair magic" but this is very obviously not true. Many of the people I've found around the Internet (not just on amazon) that report allergies tried it because they were trying to avoid PPD from regular dyes. People can be allergic to anything, including plants, but there seems to be a lot of coincidences.
With the lack of ingredients, lack of certification, and deception about allergies, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it had PPD in it.

ETA: Here in the Uk, we have herbatint vegetal, which is not organic, but has a good reputation and is PPD and peroxide free. You probably want to find a similar vegetable-based, or deposit-only dye if you want to avoid the PPD, but they're pretty much always semi-permanent rather than the near-permanent you will be used to from hendigo. If it's permanent, it's probably PPD.

purplevickie
October 28th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Without an ingredients list it's impossible to know what's in it and trust that it is safe. That looks like a great many worrying reviews, I certainly wouldn't risk it.

I have read about 'black henna' tattoos causing major skin problems - it may be that this is similar stuff.

door72067
October 28th, 2014, 05:38 AM
just remember, poison ivy is also organic and plant based

with that many negative reviews, there must be something unsafe in there