PDA

View Full Version : Shampoos and conditioners

Spinder
October 26th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Which do you personally like? (either brand name, or home made! :))

I am extremely sensitive to many bath products, a lot of things give me itchy rashes so I always need to be careful about what I use. :( Recently I started using African Black Soap for shampooing and find it is working extremely well for me, it cleans nicely without being too harsh or drying, and is nice to my skin :)

As for conditioners, I used to use "Pantene Naturals" because it contains no silicone. But unfortunately it, like most store brands, is owned by Proctor&Gamble, and I refuse to use their products anymore. (among other things, they make no secret of the fact that they test on animals. :() The more expensive store brands I feel are really not worth their exorbitant prices. I've also found that these cocktails of chemicals simply don't work well for me.

Personally I love using coconut oil and egg washes. All natural, cruelty free (I only but free run eggs from the farmer's market), and they work so much better than store bought conditioners! :D

Puffer Fish
October 26th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Right now I'm using Burt's Bees Gud line, and I really enjoy it although it's got SLS and cones. But it's expensive, so I'm using it until I run out of my current stash. Then I have some value size ridiculous bottles of Herbal Essences that I just bought and am indifferent toward.
The worst part is that I kind of want to go NW/SO and if I had known that last month I wouldn't have bought the huge Herbal Essences bottles! :doh:

I live with my parents when I'm not at college, so I don't have the opportunity to try any organic, homemade products because my mother thinks it's unnecessary and a waste of perfectly good edibles. Sigh.

ETA: I'm no mod, but I think this thread might belong in the products subforum?

Carolyn
October 26th, 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm a huge fan of Aveda and Kiehls products. My other favorites have long been discontinued.

Breanna
October 26th, 2014, 08:49 PM
My favorite shampoo is Suave's rosemary+mint, it smells great and doesn't dry out my hair at all. For conditioner I use Suave Naturals, it's cone free and has lots of scents (aloe & water lily is my favorite). Herbal Essences cleansing conditoner is good for cowashing, and so is the Suave Naturals, both work equally well. Good luck in finding your favorite products!

skeletonous
October 26th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I prefer cruelty free products too, for shampoo I like the Organix brand a lot (I use the coconut milk one and also the argan oil one) and then I use v05 conditioner (currently the shea cashmere one). That combo has minimal cones and is SLS free too. :)

Nadine <3
October 26th, 2014, 09:10 PM
I love mane and tail shampoo and conditioner! Both leave my hair fantastic. I like suave, I use that if I feel my hair needs a break from the large amounts of protein in in my mane and tail. VO5 is good. The herbal essence shampoo smells nice, I don't care for the conditioners though. The cones are far to heavy for my hair.

gustavonut
October 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM
My current favorite shampoo is Silk Elements with silk protein and olive oil in it.
I have no favorite conditioner at the moment. I guess I could say Garnier Fructis Sleek and shine is a good brand for me.

xsweetpotatox
October 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I REALLY like Shea Moisture products right now. They've been doing wonderful things to my hair.

kitana97
October 26th, 2014, 10:09 PM
I love Aubrey Organics, but I can't use their conditioner anymore as the water is very hard where I'm at. So, I'm using a natural coney conditioner (amidimethicone) - Shikai brand. I got it on sale for $6 but it is ually around $8 which isn't too bad for a natural brand. I couldn't find any coney natural frangrance free conditioners but this one is very lightly scented so it's not too bad. I also have sensitive skin and it doesn't both me at all. I still use Aubrey's shampoo as it is very gentle but effective.

goldenears
October 27th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Pureology Precious Oil. (http://www.pureology.com.au/Image%20Library/Unassigned/precious_oil_product_1.png)

The entire line is ideal for me, it's sulphate and silicone free and has a tiny amount of protein (hydrolyzed soy protein).

lapushka
October 27th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I use a lot of Pantene and Herbal Essences, also Garnier Ultra Doux and Garnier Fructis. Probably not what you want to hear. :shrug:

GetMeToWaist
October 27th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Well, cheapest are best especially if cowashing. Im a UKer and i use Sainsburys own apple conditioner, 99p and its no cones. I would recommend using the cheapest conditioners... I'm not a big advocate for shampoo