PDA

View Full Version : Hair-Related Holiday Wishes?

Aurum
October 26th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I get that it might be a bit early for Christmas music, but it's never too early to start thinking about what you want for the winter holidays. Some examples: a new toy you've had your eye on? A trip to the GM Salon for hair pampering? Some hair magic? I'm not a big believer in physical gift-giving (though my family is...ugh), so I'll start off simple: For Christmas this year, I want another foot of hair!

That might be a tad unrealistic. :p

For those who don't celebrate Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus/etc., you can still join in the fun of wishing for hair-related things. Inclusivity is our friend. :)

So-- what do you want this gift-giving season?

jacqueline101
October 26th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I want to grow in the new year and fully reach waist.

Avis
October 26th, 2014, 04:36 PM
For an actual gift, I've got my eye on a pair of Barefoot Maiden sticks, but hair-wise, I want all my hair to be at the same length (or close). :magic:

Imalath
October 26th, 2014, 04:42 PM
For my hair, I want to keep my scalp healthy long-term so I can keep all the regrowth I'm seeing from the last two years of massive shedding.

For a hair-related physical gift? I want an acrylic stick so I have something waterproof for the shower.

Chocowalnut
October 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Apl length by Christmas please!

mica
October 26th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I wish for a pretty elegant hairdo that requires no heat, no teasing, doesn't hurt my scalp, and keeps the hair out of my neck during the celebrations. Last year's heat wave during the holidays was so intense it has its own wikipedia article (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ola_de_calor_en_Argentina_en_2013)! My Nochebuena outfit was so pretty but I had to put my hair in a lazy bun and that kind of ruined the look.

RainbowBowser
October 26th, 2014, 05:26 PM
MOAR TOYS!
I've been eyeing some flexis lately.

Puffer Fish
October 26th, 2014, 05:33 PM
My hair to be long enough to use the sticks I bought!

Also to find a flexi that I fall in love with enough to buy. So far they're all nice but not perfect for me. Not sure though...

Beckstar
October 26th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I'd like 2 more inches by Christmas. I'd be Ho-Ho-Happy with that.

xsweetpotatox
October 26th, 2014, 09:54 PM
I'd really like for absolutely no one in my family to tell me to donate my hair when I go home for the holidays :). They do it every time my hair gets below BSL.

kitana97
October 26th, 2014, 10:06 PM
I would like to break my habit of picking at my ends. Granted, it is the split and broken ends that I am picking at, but I really should do it with scissors instead of my fingers.

Trin
October 26th, 2014, 10:25 PM
I'm hoping for at least classic by christmas... that'd be awesome!

spirals
October 26th, 2014, 10:32 PM
I wanted to be at hip by Christmas, even if it has to be stretched to get there. But I just cut off an inch yesterday because my ends were ragged. I feel like it will take another year just to hit waist curly. *sigh*

battles
October 26th, 2014, 10:38 PM
APL by Christmas, please!

I don't really want any physical hair related things. Maybe a new sleeping cap..

Enrapture
October 27th, 2014, 08:07 AM
I definitely want to reach waist by Christmas. I know it's not possible (3 inches in two months). But one can dream :)

kelseyxface
October 27th, 2014, 08:24 AM
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThermalHairCare?ref=l2-shop-info-name I would love to buy myself one of these for Christmas. :bounce: As for length, I'd love for my hair to be a decent length to wear it down without it looking flat and frumpy. Maybe even have is all one collective length instead of these layers by Christmas? :)

Catatafish
October 27th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't mind a Ficcare or a fork from Santa. As far as hair goes, I'd like to reach BSL. That might be too much to ask for though, so I'll settle for learning how to put my hair up easily in a non-damaging way.

Entangled
October 27th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Real hair toys. Just one cute, or pretty, or elegant accessory. Hairwise, I'd like to be at waist, but that won't happen until valentines day, most likely.

Agnes Hannah
October 27th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Yes Kelseyxface! A heat hat for me too, they look lovely!!
Hip length hair! It is possible.
an answer to my hair colour dilemma
Hair toys as a matter of course!
Contentment!
Knowing all my LHC friends are having a good time too.

Eastbound&Down
October 27th, 2014, 11:49 AM
APL by Christmas and some Flexi's from my hubby (I'll give him very specific instructions haha)

moontree
October 27th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Another one for APL by then, and I'm planning on buying myself one of the nice wide toothed combs on etsy. (I'm open to seller suggestions). I think I won't bother with any actual hair toys until I hit BSL or at least am on my way there...

Avis
October 27th, 2014, 08:05 PM
moontree, I just got a wide tooth comb from Eternally in Amber and I love it. It's bigger than I thought it would be which I like (make sure you check how long it is so you don't end up disappointed) and it's really smooth.

chen bao jun
October 27th, 2014, 08:20 PM
One more inch hair (and no fairy knots. They went away for a bit but now are back aaargh!

whiterabbit
October 27th, 2014, 08:31 PM
To strike a balance which will keep my hair and my scalp happy:)

moontree
October 27th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks Avis! And yes whiterabbit I think I will add that to my list too... my shedding stopped but my scalp is drier than ever lately!

MsPharaohMoan
October 27th, 2014, 09:18 PM
moontree, I too just got an eternally in amber fork and I too love the size and smoothness! ;)

MungoMania
October 28th, 2014, 12:39 AM
I'd like some amla powder for a hair mask. I've never used amla before, but I'd like to.

Federica
October 28th, 2014, 02:58 AM
I want all the Senza Limiti collection (http://senzalimiti.net/deutsch/kollektion/kollektion.htm)! ALL OF IT!

maria_asa
October 28th, 2014, 05:44 AM
If Christmas magic is allowed I want my taper to be gone but since that's not going to happen I'd be more than happy with a flitter flexi-8 and/or a timberstone stick.

Red'N'Curly
October 28th, 2014, 07:25 AM
My hair wish is to find a routine that really works for my hair. I've been WO for 3 months and loved it until recently, but now my hair feels gummy and crunchy and gross. I think I'll try a shampoo bar every couple weeks with WO between. Hmm...

Hair gift wise, I would kill for a beautiful wooden fork! My longest layers are BSL so I should be able to use a fork soon :)

veryhairyfairy
October 28th, 2014, 07:51 AM
I just want to notice some improvement from now until then in terms of taper and dry ends (maintaining).

I'm already gifting myself an ON axe, but if any family members want to give me gifts, I will be hinting at etsy credit so that I can add some ovals to my order! :)

raudr
October 29th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I'd like my hair to be long enough to trim the damage off and have it all one length :) Other than that, I'd like to find some updos that would work with my classic-length heavy hair.

Aurum
November 19th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Reviving this thread to say that I could really use a new camera and a full-length mirror. A camera phone and a face mirror aren't the best at taking hair photos, especially now that my hair is getting longer. :eek:

gustavonut
November 19th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Dear Santa,
I wish for my hair to grow at least an inch before Christmas. I wish for a silk sleep cap from Adorabellababy, a wide tooth comb from EternallyInAmber, and for a safe flight to Germany. And I also wish for my school to go by fast! :rolling:

Sincerely,
Sidney

amanda_the_tall
November 19th, 2014, 11:24 PM
If I had a sudden influx of all the chagrin valley and apple valley samples for shampoo and body bars and butter bars that'd be pretty sweet. :D if they also work for me that'd be double sweet.

annaceciliia
November 20th, 2014, 06:57 AM
I wish for a healthy and a better looking hair (I'm currently growing out my natural hair color and my hair looks dull and "not taken care of" atm) :) But for the NEXT Christmas my wish will hopefully come true!

lapushka
November 20th, 2014, 07:06 AM
I'm kinda wishing for my stash to diminish a bit. :lol:

Johannah
November 20th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Jeterforks............................ :lol:

purplevickie
November 20th, 2014, 07:30 AM
I'm another hoping to get to APL by Christmas. It seemed possible when I started tracking my growth in September, but it looks like I'm way off yet... maybe by Valentine's Day, though my ends could really use a small trim soon. I've promised myself a flexi when I get there, so I want it to hurry up!

Eastbound&Down
November 20th, 2014, 10:05 AM
I'm hoping for a holiday where my mom doesn't constantly hint at me getting a haircut *Fingers crossed*

Lis
November 20th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Hoping for horn combs. They always look so lovely and everyone who has one seems to love it!

Begemot
November 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I have been looking for a good BBB for a while now so I'm hoping to get one soon(er or later, I might ask it for a present or just buy one as a early gift from me to myself). I'm also thinking about few other hair products that I would like to try. I wish my hair to stay strong, shiny and moisturised through these freezing winter months. I wish more length too so a growth spurt for the end of the year would be great :D