View Full Version : Hello ^_^

MyAngel
October 24th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Hi! I really want to have long hair but whenever I grow it and it reaches the middle of my back, it becomes dry, brittle and hard to manage. My hair is healthy when it's short, but when I start to grow it...aargh! It's so frustrating that I end up having it cut short. And I've done that several times. This is my last attempt. After this, if my quest for beautiful long hair is still unsuccessful, then maybe long hair is just not for me. My hair is a couple of inches past my shoulders now. Hopefully this time I'll have beautiful hair when it reaches my waist.

P.S. Sorry if my English is not perfect. It's my second language.

Federica
October 25th, 2014, 04:12 AM
Hello MyAngel, and welcome to the community!
Don't give up! Here you'll find all the tips you need to grow you hair long and super-long!
Is your hair processed? Like chemically dyed, permed, bleached or so? Do you use heat (blowdriers/flat irons) on it? Did you have a razor cut lately?
All these things can be the cause of the damage you're noticing.
Maybe you can open a thread on the mane forum with some pictures and your hair story, so we can give you more accurate tips for your hair.
You've come to the right place :D
Happy growing!

skeletonous
October 25th, 2014, 08:48 AM
I agree with Federica; I think that two very important things for you to do for your hair though are to wear it up in a bun often and make sure it's moisturized. Since your hair is F/M it might also want some protein to prevent it from breaking as easily, there are products like the Organix Coconut Milk shampoo that you can buy (depending where you live) to solve that problem though. You'll figure out what works for you as you talk to the lovely folks on here. :) Good luck!

PennyQuin
October 26th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Welcome MyAngel! Anything you want you will found it here. 2 years ago my hair got stuck in growing. It didn't pass my SL (Shoulder Length, ). The best thing that worked for me was scalp massages with castor oil and coconut oil twice a week. Now I'm between WL and HL. Other thing is being patient and have fun! Stress is hair first enemy. Have fun in here, this is the best place :D

lapushka
October 26th, 2014, 04:09 PM
You don't have to cut it short when it becomes hard to manage (that is one drastic reaction), just go back one milestone to where it *was* manageable.

Welcome. :)