PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 1 year anniversary :) pics included, of course!

maskedrose
September 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I want to start out by thanking all of the wonderful people that frequent this forum. You are all so helpful and I have made quite a few friends as well as learned a bunch about hair care!!

My actual 1 year anniversary was in August, but since I didn't take my first hair picture until October, I thought I'd wait until now to post pictures.

I have tried many different things over the last year and I'm sure I will experiment much, much more in the years to come with the multitude of recipes, herbs and alternative washing methods that are discussed on this forum.

However, I have learned that my hair and scalp love CO for the most part, although I do have to wash once a week with diluted shampoo for best results. I went the no-cone route for about 8 months but have switched back to lightly coned products (Dove Intensive Therapy) in order to control my tangly ends. I have discovered that my hair adores coconut oil, especially when I apply it to damp hair.

I'm somewhat surprised at how much it has grown in the last year - there were times when I thought I was never going to push past BSL! Due to being on some nasty medication for 3 years that seriously affected my hair, all but the top 8 inches is quite brittle and many of the individual strands vary in thickness down their length. It splits and breaks a lot easier that it ever used to, so I have been trimming fairly regularily over the last year. Between the two pictures I trimmed approximately 3 1/2 - 4" off, so I'm glad that I gained what length I did.

My eventual goal is waist, and I hope to be there by next summer! I am then going to maintain until all the yucky bits are gone, and then I might grow down to hip or tailbone - who knows?

Enjoy the pics and thanks again for all your help! :)

October 2007:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/maskedrose21/036_36-1.jpg

End of September 2008:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/maskedrose21/P1010198.jpg

I know its kind of difficult to see where the length hits me right now, but I'm about 1 1/2 inches bast BSL (28.5")

FrannyG
September 25th, 2008, 05:40 PM
*sigh* Such beautiful hair, maskedrose, and what wonderful progress in only a year. Just lovely. :blossom:

Rini
September 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Oh it's just gorgeous :inlove: The colour, the waves, the length......dream hair!!!

I can't wait to see more pics as it gets longer....

Silver & Gold
September 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Just beautiful! You have some lovely waves going there. I hope that when mine begins to get about this length that I will have similar waves going on. Congrats!

cindy58
September 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Your hair looks great, maskedrose! The progress is very evident.

AmselJoey
September 25th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Gorgeous hair!:)

The length, texture, and color are ALL amazing. I think I have a SERIOUS case of hair envy! :crush:

Nat242
September 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM
You have gorgeous hair - despite what you say, it certainly *looks* very healthy. I love the body and colour, just beautiful!

Congratulations on your anniversary :cheer:

GlennaGirl
September 25th, 2008, 06:31 PM
(gasp) WOW, but do you have beautiful hair. Congrats on your one-year anniversary!

TammySue
September 25th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! :blossom: Your hair is very lovely!

AnneAdeline
September 25th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Pretty! Love the color and the waves.
Happy 1-year-aversary!

WritingPrincess
September 25th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Your hair is beautiful, Maskedrose, and I have always admired your avatar picture. Congratulations on your one year anniversary!

Flaxen
September 25th, 2008, 07:24 PM
*sigh* Such beautiful hair, maskedrose, and what wonderful progress in only a year. Just lovely. :blossom:
I second that. *sigh* :blossom:

Addy
September 25th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Wow! Nice progress!

Keep on growing!:cool:

EvaSimone
September 25th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair looks really nice and soft! :flower:

yogachic
September 25th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Your hair is so healthy & shiny.

ladyshannonanne
September 25th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Congratulations! Your last year/this year photos are great! I love your wurls.

spidermom
September 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM
You've gotten a lot of growth this year, and it looks splendid.

HeatherMae
September 25th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Your hair is so very pretty! :) Your growth is also very impressive! Happy Anniversary to you!!!!

utdesertrunner
September 25th, 2008, 09:39 PM
What absolutely stunning hair! Keep up the good work!

maskedrose
September 26th, 2008, 12:17 AM
FrannyG - you are so sweet! Thank you!
Rini - Thanks! It looks like our color and hairtype is similiar - maybe we'll end up being hair twins as you get longer!
Silver & Gold - I adore your hair! You have lovely waves and I bet they will take off as it gets longer. Between shoulder and APL was an aweful time for my waves, but once I pushed past APL my wurliness increased significantly. When I first joined I classified myself as a 2a, but now I'm most definitely a 2c (the pic from today is combed out). I bet it will be the same for you :)
Cindy58 - thanks!
AmselJoey - You made my day :flower:
Nat242 - thank you! If I slather on the coconut oil it behaves pretty well. The ends just feel yucky and crunchy and tangle easily. I'm also going to start using catnip - I've heard that it does wonders for hair like mine.
Spidermom - thanks sweetie! Hope things are looking up in your neck of the woods!:flowers:
WritingPrincess - Thank you! I need to see if I can post directions for that style so they are easily accessable!
GlennaGirl - awww thanks :)
TammySue, AnnaAdeline, utdesertrunner, HeatherMae, ladyshannonanne, yogachic, EvaSimon, Addy, and Flaxen - Thanks for all your comments!

didrash
September 26th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Aaah! Your hair is amasing! It was very good to start with, but in one year it seems to have grown, and looks healthy, shiny... I am speechless!

Arctic
September 26th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I, too, have always loved your avatar!
Your hair is really beautiful and what a lovely, rare colour! It looks healthy and I hope you will sonn be satisfied to the feel of the hair too :flower: Congratulations!

BTW: I too have hairs that are not even but thicker/thinner parts vary along the hairshaft

Vivien'
September 26th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Nice ! I love the color :) Happy anniversary.

Merkaba
September 26th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Very very pretty! I love the color and the wavies

winter_star
September 26th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is beautiful and it looks so much halthier and shinier too.

paper
September 26th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Happy Anniversary :flowers:

Wow, your hair looks so soft. Love the waves and color. :crush: Congrats on wonderful growth.

Bunnygirl
September 26th, 2008, 11:04 AM
is that your natural color and wave? Regardless, WOW that is one of the most beautiful heads of hair I've ever seen. Take good care of it and wear it in good health!

Amara
September 26th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Your hair looks just ... SCRUMPTIOUS! I can't think of a better word. It looks perfect in all ways. :D :flowers:

DavidN
September 26th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary at the LHC, MaskedRose, and here's to many more years in our community.:toast:

Your hair has grown so much in the last year, and it is so thick, shiny amd healthy, with the loveliest waves.:flowers:

kittymomma
September 26th, 2008, 11:41 AM
ooo...looks so thick and healthy! HAIR ENVEE! Happy Anny! :applause:

jel
September 26th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Your hair is absolutely stunning, Maskedrose, and it's going to be even more so at your goal...

Congrats on your LHC anniversary! :flowers:

lora410
September 26th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Wow your hair is simply stunning. What great growth you have had as well :D

xrosiex
September 26th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Beautiful hair your growth is awesome. Will you share your routine please.:)

Samikha
September 26th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I saw someone with hair like yours past her waist some days ago, shining in the sunlight. It looked intensely beautiful, and now I am reminded of that sight. You'll be there soon! Your hair is so, so lovely.

bunnii
September 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I'm gonna repeat everyone else here lol your hair looks great! just wow :thudpile:

Angellen
September 26th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! Your progress is certainly impressive, and I dearly hope you know how very blessed you are to have such show-stopping locks! Stunning color, gorgeous waves, and so shiny and soft looking! You are definitely one of my hair idols. :inlove:

Aelith
September 26th, 2008, 04:45 PM
You have absolutely gorgeous hair!

Silver Strands
September 26th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Beautiful, beautiful hair!
It looks more moisturized in the 2nd picture also so CO & coconut oil
are definitely working for you.

mellie
September 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Wowwiieee!!! So gorgeous!! And beautiful growth! Wow!

Robinlyn
September 26th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is stunning!!

PeaceWithTrees
September 26th, 2008, 07:54 PM
ITs B-E-A-UTIFUL! OHHHHHHH AHHHHHHH! Just gorgeous!

Carina
September 26th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Your hair looks beautiful.Great color too:crush:

maskedrose
September 27th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Awwww thanks guys!! :flower:

There were too many amazing compliments to respond to individually, so just know that I am totally overwhelmed right now!!!

Someone asked about my current routine, so here it is:

I wash every third day, COing for two washes and then doing a diluted shampoo followed with lots of conditioner for the third wash. I've been using Dove Intensive Therapy for the last two months and I'm pretty happy with it. However, when I CO I use a lighter conditioner on my scalp (Suave Tropical Coconut) and then the Dove on my length. Then I follow each wash with a fairly liberal application of coconut oil (abt 2 pea sizes) which I lightly reapply every day between washes.

It is a pretty good routine, although I must say that I am really excited to try catnip and see if that will help my ends and increase my hairs strength so I can jump back on the no-cone bandwagon. As much as cones are helping right now, I would rather not put artificial crap anywhere on my body if I can help it!

Thanks again everyone!!

krash1980
October 2nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
You're hair is remarkably pretty. I like your hair color and it's wavy texture.