PDA

View Full Version : Haircut!!

herdaughter77
October 24th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Some of you might remember a thread I started a while back asking for advice on where to sell or donate hair.
My hair, as you can see in my signature, was rather long.
Last night I asked my sister to cut it to my waist. This is what it looks like now.

This is wet hair, by the way.
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/297/5/e/cut_by_ketjs-d83ykz4.jpg

My head feels so free now! I don't have to put it up constantly (although it's probably better for the ends if I do).
Now I will explore a whole new collection of hairstyles for (it's really) hip-length hair. It's so bouncy and fluffy!

Why? Well, I don't really need a reason, but I will tell you partly why I did it. I've never gotten my hair trimmed, cut or anything and nearly everyone that saw it would oogle over it and about 90 percent would tell me to NEVER cut it. Eventually, I felt like I was keeping it long for everyone else. I needed to reclaim my hair in a way.
I'm still getting used to the whole thing. Haha!

It's still relatively long anyway.

-K

CastaDiva
October 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Quite a difference, that's for sure even if your hair is still long. I'm glad you're happy with your new length, that's all that matters and your hair still looks gorgeous. Do you plan on keeping the cut off ponytail or braid as someone suggested on your other thread, or have you decided to sell or donate the cut off hair?

StellaKatherine
October 24th, 2014, 08:39 AM
It looked beautiful as super long and it looks beautiful as a "normal" long! I know you will fall in love with your hair all over again ! :D

StellaKatherine
October 24th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Btw, I have my grandmothers braid. When she cut her long hair she made it professionally in to 3 strand braid ( there are each strand separated when unbraided, so that can actually easily braid the strands in my own braid if I want too, and I've sometimes done that). It is 67 cm (26,38 inches) long when braided. I am playing with the idea to grow super long and then cut a braid like that from my own hair as well :)

lapushka
October 24th, 2014, 09:40 AM
It's still long, maybe not by LHC standards (although hip does count), but it's still long. Are you growing it longer again now or maintaining for a while? If growing again, you could participate in a few challenges (TBL by Christmas 2015 for instance).

It looks great. Nice hemline! :D

Federica
October 24th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Your hair is gorgeous at any length, Herdaugher77, and now you can enjoy many styles with your hair at hip.
I'm glad that you're so positive about the change :)

Chiaroscuro
October 24th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I'm happy for your new-found freedom. I hope you find a whole bunch of fun new hairstyles to share with us! I totally understand not wanting to be hostage to other peoples' interpretations of your hair. Hair is a personal choice. Been there, done that, and now onto something new, fluffy, floaty and fun! Are you at all into rolled styles? Your current length is just perfect for bouncy curls if you can stand the natural drying time. Enjoy!

Fufu
October 24th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Beautiful hair irregardless the length :)

Eastbound&Down
October 24th, 2014, 11:07 AM
I can't see the picture, but I'm sure it's beautiful!

Kherome
October 24th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I think it looks fantastic and you picked the best length. I love hip length and I have been considering cutting my Classic length hair back to hip for a long time myself.

kganihanova
October 24th, 2014, 02:26 PM
I love blunt and lovely it looks!

Adiro
October 24th, 2014, 02:42 PM
It's beautiful, and it's not really waist long, but hip long!!!! that makes a whole lot of difference of how it drapes the figure, and it's gorgeous!!!! I am sure the maintenance part is much easier at this length than at knee length, or what was before?

About using cut hair, my grandma ( rest in peace) made little decorative pillows out of my hair and my sister's hair, she collected it each time we got a trim or a hair cut. She was sawing in the criss-cross style ( I don't know how to say that in English) beautiful images like flowers and landscapes, then "frame" them withcurly ribbons and laces, and on the back it was just silk, like for any pillow. Actually in one pillow it was a lot of hair, collected throughout many years.

lapushka
October 24th, 2014, 02:47 PM
She was sawing in the criss-cross style ( I don't know how to say that in English) beautiful images like flowers and landscapes, then "frame" them withcurly ribbons and laces, and on the back it was just silk, like for any pillow.

You mean a cross stitch? :) Just guessing...

thistledown
October 24th, 2014, 04:52 PM
It's gorgeous!
Vanessa

ZeppHead
October 24th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Very pretty and healthy looking! I saw your hair before in the knee and beyond thread I loved it then too and I just love your color. Id love to see it dry I bet it looks shiny. Anyways enjoy it!

Avis
October 24th, 2014, 08:18 PM
You have gorgeous hair at any length. Enjoy your fresh ends. :)

herdaughter77
October 27th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Thank you one and all! I am going to call a trusted wig shop in my area and see what kind of prices it would be. But due to my haste, I overlooked the fact that wig shops like it better if you arrange something with them before you cut. Haha, well, if that doesn't work out, I will either donate it or something similar . . .

For some strange reason, it looks grotesque sitting there on my desk, chopped off and . . . not part of me anymore. Kind of saddening in a way, so I don't think I want to keep it. I will print pictures to keep of when my hair was the longest as memorabilia.
Although the idea of crisscross handiwork pillows sounds so beautiful, Adiro, I don't know if I could have the patience for it. It sounds amazing! I'd love to see a picture of it, if you had one.

Hmmm, maybe I will join the challenges you speak of, lapushka! I do want to keep growing it.....for now. We'll see. :)

Now I must explore the hiplength threads and groups. :)

-K

Merlin
October 27th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Looks great - at the end of the day if you don't pick your hairstyle for you, then you'll not enjoy it! Are we going to see it dry too?

nikolette
October 27th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Looks great - at the end of the day if you don't pick your hairstyle for you, then you'll not enjoy it! Are we going to see it dry too?

I with Merlin! I want to see it dry too !!! Looks beautiful !

Chocowalnut
October 27th, 2014, 10:57 AM
It is definitely still long! (Hip is my goal lol) and very pretty. I remember the post and I thought you were going to cut to like shouder or something. Looks great!

MeowScat
November 1st, 2014, 10:21 PM
It looks beautiful! It must feel so different when you wash and comb it. I'm happy for you!

Sparklylady82
November 1st, 2014, 10:59 PM
So pretty either way! I'm so glad you love it.

MungoMania
November 2nd, 2014, 02:05 AM
Congrats on a happy hair cut story. Your hair is truly beautiful. I'm gad you feel more comfortable now, but I still wish for hair so long people ogle me because of it. I've never had that. It must be great, for a while at least.

DakarNick
November 2nd, 2014, 02:28 AM
How many inches off did it end up being?

Tini'sNewHair
November 2nd, 2014, 06:22 AM
Simply stunning before and after!!!! What an inspiration really, its so great to see how people can go back to any other length and enjoy diffrent jorneys - I have hip length hair myself right now, this is such an easy long length to have :)

woodswanderer
November 2nd, 2014, 06:34 AM
Congrats on the new cut! It looks good. I just got my bi-annual trim last week. Aren't fresh ends just the best?

Johannah
November 2nd, 2014, 06:37 AM
I'm happy you like it! Beautiful!

herdaughter77
November 3rd, 2014, 04:59 PM
It does feel so different to brush and wash it. :)
I ended up donating the 20 or so inches to Pantene....it was rather tapered and not really worth going through the trouble to sell it. Don't know how people sell theirs to wig shops... the only wig shops I've seen don't buy hair....
As requested, this is how it looks dry. The lighting makes my hair look way darker. Some sunny day, I will get it in its true colors. ;)

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/307/f/9/cut__2__by_ketjs-d856n7d.jpg

Becs
November 3rd, 2014, 05:17 PM
I looove how blunt it is! Gorgeous!!

Melispelos
November 3rd, 2014, 05:24 PM
I love it! It's still long and it looks so neat and healthy.

Amapola
November 3rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
You have such stunning hair! That length is really flattering on you. It's great you like it so much, clearly you did the best thing!

ErinLeigh
November 3rd, 2014, 09:27 PM
What an amazing hemline! I love it. It looks thick and incredibly healthy.
It seems like a fun, free feeling length to enjoy in the moment.