PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite braid?

Mainesongbird
October 22nd, 2014, 06:52 PM
Calling all braid people!
What is your favorite braid either on yourself or on someone else. I love a fishtail on myself an I love a good french braid on someone else. How about all of you?

Becs
October 22nd, 2014, 06:54 PM
I love multistrand ribbon braids-my favorites being 5, 7 and 9 strand ribbon braids. I also really love normal 7 strand braids

Nadine <3
October 22nd, 2014, 06:55 PM
I love fishtails on other people, my favorite braid to wear myself are dutch pigtails.

woodswanderer
October 22nd, 2014, 06:56 PM
French braid......buuuuut, I can't braid my hair behind myself neatly. So, no French braids for me.

I just go for an English braid to the side and wear it to the front.

FallingDarkness
October 22nd, 2014, 07:15 PM
FRENCH BRAID!!! <3

But yeah my Dutch pigtails are super cute for me too. I totally rock them.
However for elegance and all that jazz French braids are the way to go. They are just so gorgeous.

PrincessBob
October 22nd, 2014, 07:19 PM
I really love the four-strand box-braid. I wear it in pigtails, because i cannot do it behind my head.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/Princess_Bob/hair/braids.gif

ShDiHa
October 22nd, 2014, 07:19 PM
Do I have to pick just one??? Okay, um, fishtails!

Entangled
October 22nd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Rope braids and box braids. I love five strand braids, but I have a hard time making them neat, and I can't quite figure out how to make ribbon braids look good like Becs'.

Beckstar
October 22nd, 2014, 08:04 PM
English. (characters 10)

LadyCelestina
October 22nd, 2014, 08:11 PM
Uhh all of them,but those which use too many strands of hair 6-10(9?) look like huge dreadlocks and I'm not a fan of that look.But I admire the braiding regardless.On me I think a french or dutch braid looks best.

Imalath
October 22nd, 2014, 08:16 PM
I love the look of a french braid with the shape of my face, but I haven't mastered doing it on myself yet. My go-to is a side braid, draped over the front. I can do it quickly, plus I don't have to deal with the hassle of having a giant bun pushing on the back of my head when I sit in chairs with high backs...

mica
October 22nd, 2014, 08:27 PM
Pretty much what Imalath said! I really like how I look with one or two french braids, but I need my sister to do them for me, so I end up sticking with side braids.

ghost
October 22nd, 2014, 08:29 PM
I wear a French braid pretty much daily. Fishtails are gorgeous but they can be a pain to do on myself. I love rope braids, but mine get kind of frizzy :/

DreamSheep
October 22nd, 2014, 08:30 PM
I like Hawser braids and Dutch braids on myself.
Not a massive fan of fishtail braids unless they are loose with big sections.

Hoping to learn more complicated braids though :D

Madora
October 22nd, 2014, 08:40 PM
It's a toss up: the inverted single bed braid bun on top of my head:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/32414Singlebraidbuntop.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/32414Singlebraidbuntop.jpg.html)

and the lace crown braid (a la Juyla Timochenko):
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/427FauxYulaTymenchenko.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/427FauxYulaTymenchenko.jpg.html)

Sharysa
October 22nd, 2014, 08:50 PM
It's a three-way tie between Dutch braids (my staple hairstyle), rope braids, and fishtail braids.

Spinder
October 23rd, 2014, 01:03 AM
Not very good at braiding at all, sometimes i wear a basic braid but that's it. I can't figure out how to do french braids correctly, and side or section braids don't work at all because they expose all my bald spots (I have really super thin hair with a massive gap around my hair line).

Ingrid
October 23rd, 2014, 01:09 AM
I love a simple 3-strand braid :)

Fufu
October 23rd, 2014, 02:10 AM
French and fish tail :)

Federica
October 23rd, 2014, 03:13 AM
I love all the braids, my favourites are the multiple strands braids (4+), they look so princess-like!

Mainesongbird
October 24th, 2014, 06:20 PM
I love hearing and seeing all your braids! =D Lovely, Lovely!

Larki
October 24th, 2014, 06:53 PM
All of them! French, five-strand, eleven-strand, fishtail, normal English pigtails...

alishaxmarie
October 24th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I did Daenerys's season 4 hair style from Game of Thrones today and it looks so amazing on me (can you tell how excited I am?) so I'll go with that for now :) It's two french rope braids but it's a half-up like most GoT hairstyles since they're pretty much all meant to look like princess styles. Personally, idrc what other peoples' hair looks like except that I cringe at really unhealthy or obviously heat-styled hair lol but I will look at how well other people have braided their hair and always try to compliment strangers since I know the work that goes into learning braids and I know how lazy I am about actually getting around to doing them.

Clea
October 24th, 2014, 10:35 PM
All of them! French, five-strand, eleven-strand, fishtail, normal English pigtails...

There are eleven-strand braids?! :bigeyes: I didn't know such a thing was possible!

Becs
October 24th, 2014, 10:41 PM
There are eleven-strand braids?! :bigeyes: I didn't know such a thing was possible!

Yes! They're great

Sharysa
October 25th, 2014, 12:05 AM
I did Daenerys's season 4 hair style from Game of Thrones today and it looks so amazing on me (can you tell how excited I am?) so I'll go with that for now :) It's two french rope braids but it's a half-up like most GoT hairstyles since they're pretty much all meant to look like princess styles.

Oh, Dany's French rope braids are the best thing ever! Normally it takes me at least twenty minutes to make sure one of her styles look right--it's only four or five tiny braids, but they all need to be the same size and then you need to get the tension right when you're tying them all together, so it looks balanced and doesn't sag.

Stray_mind
October 25th, 2014, 02:09 AM
I like updos with accent braids on other people, especially if they have wavy hair , i like fishtail and french braids (also french fishtail) on myself. I also enjoy the view of big fat english braids when i see them.

fiğrildi
October 25th, 2014, 04:07 AM
I like all kinds of braids, but my personal favourite is the french fishtail :)

elocin9911
November 22nd, 2014, 01:03 AM
I absolutely love fishtail braids, but my hair never holds them for more than 30 minutes before it starts to fray. So on my own hair I'd definitely have to say the 9-strand dutch braid. I've slowly gotten better and better. But you also can't go wrong with the simple french braid. Agghh! I love them all!!!

Verdandi
November 22nd, 2014, 03:26 AM
Four strand braids! They are so easy but look a bit more intricate, and with added ribbons, they hold for days :)