PDA

View Full Version : "Banding" hair with silky scarf

proo
October 21st, 2014, 08:15 AM
Sometimes I use the banding method to straighten my hair as it works pretty well and seems very nondamaging, but it usually left a few weird dents.
So lately I've draped a long silky scarf over my head like a hood,
divided my hair in two on either side,
wrapped the scarf ends completely around each side so they were covered,
then banded down each side over the scarf - no more dents!
I do this on dry hair, works great.

squirrrel
October 23rd, 2014, 03:23 AM
What an interesting technique Proo. something to try at some point... Not sure am following your meaning... 'Banded down' - how do you do that? Sorry! :)

raudr
October 29th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Sounds interesting! Sounds like a nightmare for the frizz-prone though.

lunasea
October 29th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Are you talking about wrapping your hair around your head? I use duck bill clips during this process and pull them out after I wrap the scarf to prevent dents.

Hotrox
October 29th, 2014, 11:54 PM
I'm imagining something like low pigtails, covered by a scarf with elastic hair ties tied around the length at set intervals along the length?

I'm thinking this could give me nice waves, Proo do you do this on wet hair? Is it comfortable enough to sleep with?

proo
October 31st, 2014, 01:24 PM
That's it Hotrox -
picture Mary Magdelene-style scarf,
pigtailed to each side with the scarf completely wrapping down the length of each tail,
with small, soft bands going down the length of each at fairly close intervals.
I'm NW/SO so always experimenting with using scarves to wrap up my hair for awhile after smp*(see NW/SO thread).
This technique smooths and straightens my hair beautifully, is comfy and very protective, can be slept in,
and I'm quite sure would provide subtle waves if done on wet hair.

Lis
November 20th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Will have to try this next time my hair is sebum-rich. Thx for sharing.