PDA

View Full Version : Uh....this gets better right???

kganihanova
October 21st, 2014, 06:49 AM
Hey y'all! So lately I've been noticing that I have a brand spanking new set of bangs. But not the cute kind, the "I had a stress shed" and now it's all coming back. Has anyone gone through this and does it eventually look better? In the meantime what can I do? I look stupid.
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/kittykatcontradictions/A1347A2E-0BA4-42DE-B5C4-E4DC098F23E1_zpsr3iu1hbz.jpg (http://s836.photobucket.com/user/kittykatcontradictions/media/A1347A2E-0BA4-42DE-B5C4-E4DC098F23E1_zpsr3iu1hbz.jpg.html)

Stray_mind
October 21st, 2014, 07:43 AM
I think you could gently pin them up with some bobby pins. It doesn't look bad imo. It'll grow out eventually and you'll be able to put it up with other hair.

lapushka
October 21st, 2014, 09:02 AM
I think you could gently pin them up with some bobby pins. It doesn't look bad imo. It'll grow out eventually and you'll be able to put it up with other hair.

Yes. This. ^^ Just pin it back and forget about it. And be glad it grew back!

kganihanova
October 21st, 2014, 09:10 AM
It looks crazier when not oiled like it is there. Ugh I'm so annoyed with this. I think I preferred having very thin temple hair......

Theobroma
October 21st, 2014, 09:18 AM
I've been there. Yes, they're a bit of a pain, but better that than no regrowth after a shed!

Bobby pins are one way to deal with them. You could also try sticking 'em down with some aloe vera gel. It does get better, but it takes time. Be grateful that your texture's in the 1 range; the wurlier/curlier you are, the more these little perishers want to stick out in all directions!

KittyBird
October 21st, 2014, 10:28 AM
Headbands or bobby pins, maybe? I've got unintentional bangs too, the longest bits are currently at chin length and I think the shortest are eye length. It's really annoying. Mine aren't long enough to bun, but still stay out of my face most of the time, unless I'm walking fast or running, or if it's windy outside. Then my entire face is hidden behind a curtain of wispy, crazy hair.

tokugawa.miyako
October 21st, 2014, 10:41 AM
Yes! It does get better! :) Bangs are very annoying but I second every one else's advice: bobby pins and headbands are your friend. :)

UniqueWabbit
October 21st, 2014, 10:44 AM
To tell you the truth I think it looks cool. Just leaving them. Yes they look really cool. Seriously!

Amapola
October 21st, 2014, 10:45 AM
Might I suggest an incredibly fashionable silk scarf? Looks awesome and keeps those little fly-aways in their place.

They grow but it takes patience. Hang in there!

Jorja
October 21st, 2014, 10:46 AM
I always have those bits, and more. From a child I have had wispy face framing hair. I think I just have a fast turnover of shed/regrowth lol.

I'm glad they're growing back. Like others have said, you can pin it back, or maybe aloe gel to keep it in line with the rest of your hair? It doesn't look bad at all :)

hendy
October 21st, 2014, 11:53 AM
I got something similar when I tried oiling my temple hair for a while.. it started growing longer (it used to staying at 2-3 cm), but I find I can usually mix that hair with my face framing pieces and it doesn't look bad at all!

kganihanova
October 21st, 2014, 02:20 PM
To tell you the truth I think it looks cool. Just leaving them. Yes they look really cool. Seriously!

I'm seriously considering getting them cut into something more intentional. Like a small side bang or something.

Hele
October 21st, 2014, 02:30 PM
girrrrl, i have those too, though it's most noticeable at the nape of my neck. They're almost long enough to get into a bun now but not quite, so they're just hanging out back there while the rest of my hair is up. If it makes you feel any better my front regrowth seems to all be coming in white! I had a massive "coming off birth control" shed earlier this year.

cathair
October 21st, 2014, 02:32 PM
Hehehe, I get the wispy bits at the front too:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11941&d=1405796159

Don't worry, some of them will probably race along and go faster than the rest anyway, then you'll be able to put them behind your ears before you know it :) The racer ones sort of help hold the shorter ones :)

If you really can't stand them, a tiny bit of hair wax or oil would probably help you pull them back with the rest of your hair :)

torrilin
October 21st, 2014, 02:54 PM
I always have wispies. It's one of those things my hair does that annoys me. They're less annoying with long hair, since headbands, bobby pins, half ups, barrettes and so on are options. On my particular head of hair stuff in the headwrap/headband/hair scarf vein works best for containment. I have some cute beaded head wraps that I'm wearing a lot right now just for fun since I love the proportions with my fine hair and I LOVE having a thin headband that I can wear like a bandeau tiara, almost on my forehead. I'm not good enough at hair styling to try a "proper" bandeau style, where it sits on my forehead and nestles in my updo as they did in the 1920s, but it's still a cute look with an updo.

gthlvrmx
October 21st, 2014, 03:22 PM
It looks nice to me actually! Better than my wispy poof i had! If you have curly hair and you just had a shed, the hair that grows back on top in front is like a poof. At least for me it is.

kganihanova
October 21st, 2014, 04:13 PM
girrrrl, i have those too, though it's most noticeable at the nape of my neck. They're almost long enough to get into a bun now but not quite, so they're just hanging out back there while the rest of my hair is up. If it makes you feel any better my front regrowth seems to all be coming in white! I had a massive "coming off birth control" shed earlier this year.

I had a "taking 20 credits of upper level courses" shed. LOL I have the back ones too but they're more easily hidden with low-medium updos or braids. Well luckily I'm not going white at 21.

kganihanova
October 21st, 2014, 04:26 PM
It looks nice to me actually! Better than my wispy poof i had! If you have curly hair and you just had a shed, the hair that grows back on top in front is like a poof. At least for me it is.

I am lucky in this regard. They stay down a little better. When they were shorter, they were kind of poofy but honestly I didn't really think much of them at the time. They weren't as funky looking as their getting to be. I actually kind of want to legitimize them and make them side bangs for the time being. It'll ease my soul anyway.