PDA

View Full Version : Hip by Christmas 2015

elsieivy
October 20th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I don't think I've seen a thread for this one yet. Is anyone with me? Right now I'm a bit past BSL (probably about 26 inches.) I think by late winter or early next spring I should be at waist (29 inches.) Then, with any luck I should be at hip (33 inches) by around Christmas.

fiğrildi
October 21st, 2014, 04:30 AM
I'm joining. I am currently at MBL, but during the course of next year I'll have to trim a lot, to get rid of my absurd perm. So I think I'll be at hip by Christmas next year, and maybe longer, if I have a good growth year :)

bexcalo
October 21st, 2014, 05:01 AM
I was gonna make this thread today if no one else did lol! Yep count me in, i just reached 26" and at BSL so I'm hoping hip by next xmas will be a realistic goal!!

JustPam
October 21st, 2014, 05:07 AM
I can only wish, I still have 5 inches to go til waist, then at least another 4 after that to hip, curse of the long torso!

bexcalo
October 21st, 2014, 05:21 AM
When i measure from the back it looks like i have only 2-3" to reach waist. On the front it looks like 5" to reach waist and 7" to reach hip.
Ideally i want it to look hip from front. Im lucky my hair can grow fast according to the hair growth calculator i grow about 8" a year (this year i have even with trims and stuff so maybe longer)
I have a short body so i get hair dismorphia thinking its not as long as it is.

Enrapture
October 22nd, 2014, 11:27 AM
I'm in! I was at waist, but I had to cut it and now i'm little bit past BSL :/ Hope I can reach hip by that time!

kganihanova
October 22nd, 2014, 01:54 PM
I'll probably hit hip in April/May/June if I keep growing this way. I'm in.

ZeppHead
October 24th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I will join! I really don't know what I am right now. I measured 30 this morning and my starting picture below is from this month October 2014. I hope and pray to reach hip by October 2015 if I have a good year!

aaand starting picture wont show up! :(

ZeppHead
October 24th, 2014, 04:03 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3943/15617671565_f8a750360f.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pN5DDp)2014-10-15 12.17.39.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pN5DDp) by tattooed_metal_barbie (https://www.flickr.com/people/87709754@N08/), on Flickr

THERE WE GO! HA DID IT!! OK MY STARTING PICTURE OF OCT 2014 LETS DO THIS

lapushka
October 24th, 2014, 04:13 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3943/15617671565_f8a750360f.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pN5DDp)2014-10-15 12.17.39.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pN5DDp) by tattooed_metal_barbie (https://www.flickr.com/people/87709754@N08/), on Flickr

THERE WE GO! HA DID IT!! OK MY STARTING PICTURE OF OCT 2014 LETS DO THIS

Looks like you're waist length, you should be able to make hip by the end of next year, especially if you don't trim. :flower:

ZeppHead
October 24th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Yes despite a crooked looking hemline I do look waist or close to it but it sure doesn't feel waist to me! Still excited to see what this year brings me!

FallingDarkness
October 24th, 2014, 05:03 PM
I'm MBL now. 2 inches away from waist, maybe a little less. Hip by Christmas next year is hopefully realistic for me...

Aurum
November 3rd, 2014, 07:35 PM
I guess I'll join; I'm 32 inches and at waist. I will definitely make hip without any major trims, but my goal is to microtrim out my U hemline and get a blunt hemline at hip. That might take a bit of time, so until then, I'll hang out in here. :cheese:

twiglet
November 8th, 2014, 02:01 PM
I'll join! I'm about 2 inches from waist right now and will have about 4 inches to grow to hip after that so it should be doable. I'm just trying to figure out if hip or bcl is my goal length... I keep going back and forth between the two. I just know I want to have waist length from the front!

kganihanova
November 16th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Okay, joining here as my "realistic" goal. I'll probably be at hip or hip+ if my growth keeps going this way.

lapushka
November 16th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Okay, joining here as my "realistic" goal. I'll probably be at hip or hip+ if my growth keeps going this way.

Let's hope you do continue to grow that fast. Keep us posted. I really want to see this! :D

coconutinsight
November 17th, 2014, 12:30 AM
I'm joining, 5 inches to reach hip. Think I will manage if I don't do any major trims :)

xsweetpotatox
November 18th, 2014, 10:42 AM
I'm in!

Solid hip (past hip, hanging loose, not just hitting it) is 35, and I think that's possible by next Christmas.

My goal is touching the tops of my hip bones by October at the latest since I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding then!

maskedrose
November 18th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I'm in! I've been debating on whether I should join the BCL by Christmas 2015 thread, but that's a bit ambitious. Hip, on the other hand, is entirely doable. I have approximately 5 inches to go, and I'm not planning on doing much (if any) trimming next year. Once I reach hip I might maintain for a few months, then on to BCL!

kganihanova
November 18th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Let's hope you do continue to grow that fast. Keep us posted. I really want to see this! :D

I usually do. I always have except when growing out damage. Even in my late teens, I went from BSL to hip in about a year. If my hair is healthy, chances are I'll end up moving quickly past a few milestones. Big chops almost always bring me ample dividends.

ReneeG
November 19th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I'm joining too! I was originally in the BCL by Christmas 2015 group, but Hip is much more likely to be acheivable since I am just past BSL and closing in on Waist. I'm excited to grow with you all!

Rainn
November 21st, 2014, 06:04 PM
I think I will join here as well.
I would like to reach hip by Christmas 2015, but we will see.
I'm around BSL at the moment but my hair grows pretty good during the summer months.

dancingrain91
November 21st, 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm in!!! If I don't trim I'll just make it.

cat11
November 22nd, 2014, 08:28 AM
I wish there was a waist by xmas 15 thread. maybe Ill make one..

lapushka
November 22nd, 2014, 02:55 PM
I wish there was a waist by xmas 15 thread. maybe Ill make one..

Sure, why not?! :)

earthybee
November 22nd, 2014, 02:58 PM
I have a long torso! BUT my legs are triple the size of most. Here's to hoping! :applause

ReneeG
December 23rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
Just checking in :) So does anyone here use a growth chart to project when they will hit their next length goals? I'm wondering because I use one that I found here on LHC and LOOOOOVVVEEEE it! It so nice putting in my length measurements and the length I will have to be to reach each goal, and then having it calculate my rate of growth and when I'll reach each milestone.

According to mine currently, with no trims I'll make waist in February and hip by May.... But I am planning on trimming as needed to rid myself of old highlights (I've been bleach free for 7 months, yay!) and possibly adding more layers and deepening my v hemline to best fit my texture. I also plan to maintain at hip length, so Christmas should be the perfect time to aim for reaching a good healthy hip length :)

RachelRose
December 23rd, 2014, 06:38 PM
Oh I'm brand new here but count me in!!!! I'm about 2.5-3inches from waist so I'm hoping to grow grow grow . I'm pregnant as well hopefully that works for me lol . I fantasize about hip length hair :) now if I could only get rid of these darn layers :/

Freija
December 23rd, 2014, 07:08 PM
Yay, a thread I can join! After my recent cut, which has got me close to the hemline I want, I'm hoping I can just take small trims every six months to keep the shape and ends fresh now, and hopefully might not have to lose huge amounts of growth again as I have in the past year! I'm about three inches from definite waist now (one or two inches with my hair straight), and my hips jut out quite close after that, so I reckon another five or six inches will do it. : )

Avis
January 12th, 2015, 12:54 PM
I'm late to the party but I'd like to join! I should be at solid waist around March/April and it's a bit of a long shot to reach hip from there (about 5 inches away) but why not?

ReneeG
January 13th, 2015, 10:03 PM
I was just looking at my growth sheet and I should be hitting wait in mid February!!! Hip is only about 3 months past that assuming my average growth (0.6" a month). That being said, I think i'm going to trim my hair to add layers and make a deeper V hemline. It isnt very flattering in the current shape, not with my waves. I'm going to wait until February though so that I can hit waist first lol. That and trying to find a hairstylist that understands how to handle long hair! I figure I can probably find someone within the next month that will be able to give me what I want. Then on to hip!

squirrrel
January 14th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Well, I'm in the waist by Christmas thread, but I'm four inches from that (or was at start of the month) and around eight from hip... I know I seem to grow faster than average (if I believe the last hairdresser I saw years back when I was maintaining a pixie), and last year I think I trimmed about seven inches off (two guesstimates) around the end of the year, and still seem to have started this year with longer hair than I had last...

Depending on when I hit waist, hip could well be do-able - as long as I didn't damage my longer ends too much before I joined LHC... Hmmmmm...

squirrrel
January 14th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Well, I'm in the waist by Christmas thread, but I'm four inches from that (or was at start of the month) and around eight from hip... I know I seem to grow faster than average (if I believe the last hairdresser I saw years back when I was maintaining a pixie), and last year I think I trimmed about seven inches off (two guesstimates) around the end of the year, and still seem to have started this year with longer hair than I had last...

Depending on when I hit waist, hip could well be do-able - as long as I didn't damage my longer ends too much before I joined LHC... Hmmmmm...

Moloik
January 14th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I'll join in. I'm a little past waist, but I'll have my ends trimmed soon. Let's get to hip lenght!

kidari
January 14th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I don't know if this is doable for me but might not be impossible. Long time ago when I started my journey I didn't cut my chin length bob for an entire year out of sheer laziness and just wore it up for most of the year. I wore my hair in some sort of updo or put in a "fall" hair piece when I wore it "down" so that I wouldn't have to heat style it. It grew about 10 inches that year. I spent pretty much all of 2014 hacking off bleach/dye damage and I have fresh ends; they are not dye-free but they are certainly nearly bleach-free. I have had to cut all the way back to BSL repeatedly but my ends are fresh enough that I can go the whole year without trims of any kind so long as I practice (good) benign neglect, with the occasional treatment, and wearing it up in protective updos the entire year if I can help it. I hated having short hair but I love having long hair. That's the problem though! I can't just leave it alone. This year I vow to let it be and not touch it so it can grow for once. I doubt I will be able to keep the growth for the entire year but I am really hoping to reach hip before I trim off the year's worth of growth. So hip by Christmas 2015 to have healthy ends at waist, realistically.

coconutinsight
March 8th, 2015, 07:16 AM
3 more inches to go!

Enrapture
March 8th, 2015, 09:36 AM
My growth sheet says that I should be at hip by November. I hope that it is possible as I still haven't reached waist. (a little bit over one inch). But maybe it will grow faster in summer :)

HappyHair87
March 9th, 2015, 04:57 PM
I want to join!! I just did an informal length check a few days ago in the shower and found that my hair now reaches about an inch past my waist!! i grow the average rate of 0.5/month...usually in the summer though, it grows a little more than that...i need about 2.5 inches to get to my ultimate goal when stretched which is actually hovering above hip length...right above it. At 0.5 per month, being that this is March...i should have about 4.5 inches of growth by the end of December :)

HappyHair87
May 10th, 2015, 07:22 AM
I looked EVERYWHERE for this thread!:lol:

It's official lol...I measured my hair last week and found that I'm at 23.5 inches which is Waist on me....Hip Length on me is at 26 inches.

Definitely gonna make it! :cheese:

elsieivy
May 10th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I looked EVERYWHERE for this thread!:lol:

It's official lol...I measured my hair last week and found that I'm at 23.5 inches which is Waist on me....Hip Length on me is at 26 inches.

Definitely gonna make it! :cheese:

Yay!
I hit waist this month as well (at least with the longest part of my hemline) so I think I'm still on track to to hit hip by Christmas.

squirrrel
May 16th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I'm not yet at waist... Hoping to be there very soon - haven't got long to go... Hopefully I'll be able to say something similar once I do get there - though it may depend on whether I grow quicker over summer months... Will see as the year goes on. Hopefully if I don't make Christmas, I'll manage soon after...

Happy growing all! :)

elsieivy
June 7th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Not much new to report here. My hair is at a slightly more solid waist but no where near hip yet. How is everyone else doing?

HappyHair87
June 17th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Bumpity Bump :)

Just wanna keep this thread alive! :D

I've switched to mainly using pantene and my hair loves it! I'm so tempted to straighten my hair to see how long it REALLY is right now!

Lucy Elizabeth
June 20th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Popping in from the waist to tailbone thread!

I am currently at 33 (just grazing hip) and plan on hitting solid hip in August at 34! I may cut back an inch or so in November to get rid of some damage but I should be close to/if not solidly there by Christmas :joy:

Here is my hair currently (33 inches)
http://s9.postimg.org/6iwd1i5iz/june2015.jpg?noCache=1434856622

elsieivy
June 20th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Bumpity Bump :)

Just wanna keep this thread alive! :D

I've switched to mainly using pantene and my hair loves it! I'm so tempted to straighten my hair to see how long it REALLY is right now!

Yay for finding something your hair loves! Especially great when it's something that's easily available.

Popping in from the waist to tailbone thread!

I am currently at 33 (just grazing hip) and plan on hitting solid hip in August at 34! I may cut back an inch or so in November to get rid of some damage but I should be close to/if not solidly there by Christmas :joy:

Here is my hair currently (33 inches)
http://s9.postimg.org/6iwd1i5iz/june2015.jpg?noCache=1434856622

You're so close! In your picture you look like you're pretty much there!

Lucy Elizabeth
June 20th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Ahhh thank you so much elsieivy :D makes me feel great!

I'm just going to wait a month or so until I declare it

Happy growing :flower:

Brattina88
June 20th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Oohhh I hope I can make this goal!! I'm at waist now, not tooo awfully far from hip. I haven't measured in forever (I was getting obsessive with it so I had to quit LOL) :D

elsieivy
June 25th, 2015, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure whether or not I'll make it by Christmas. Here's my hair today, with bun waves:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17892&d=1435213872

Nebulae
June 25th, 2015, 04:48 AM
As I am pretty much at hip length already it feels a bit like cheating to join here, but since I am microtrimming/maintaining, hip length is probably where I will be at the end of the year too. BCL was a very hopeful goal, which I have now confirmed will not happen this year, so hip is my realistic goal! I will aim for healthy ends at hip if it grows enough for a bit of a challenge. (It's the upper layers of my hair that still show signs of pre-LHC damage, the nape hairs are already trimmed!)

elsieivy
June 25th, 2015, 09:14 AM
As I am pretty much at hip length already it feels a bit like cheating to join here, but since I am microtrimming/maintaining, hip length is probably where I will be at the end of the year too. BCL was a very hopeful goal, which I have now confirmed will not happen this year, so hip is my realistic goal! I will aim for healthy ends at hip if it grows enough for a bit of a challenge. (It's the upper layers of my hair that still show signs of pre-LHC damage, the nape hairs are already trimmed!)

Welcome! Hip with ends you're happy with sounds like a great goal. I'm sorry bcl won't happen by this Christmas but I'm sure you'll get it by the next one. And with great ends besides!

HappyHair87
June 25th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Bowing out of the challenge guys. I just had to trim a good 1.5 inches off. I'm pretty much back at MBL. I highly doubt I'll reach Hip Length in 6 months.

I had TONS of split ends and fairy knots. My ends were so yucky feeling. I think it's because I was dumb to think using my paddle brush to detangle with in the shower was okay and not doing any damage. So wrong! Smh I almost wanna buy a whole bunch of wide tooth combs now.

I'm also going to be buying all things moisturizing.

I'll be busy for the next few months so I'd maybe I'll be surprised by the end of the year. :( I'm going to try bunning for the rest of the year.

elsieivy
June 25th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Bowing out of the challenge guys. I just had to trim a good 1.5 inches off. I'm pretty much back at MBL. I highly doubt I'll reach Hip Length in 6 months.

I had TONS of split ends and fairy knots. My ends were so yucky feeling. I think it's because I was dumb to think using my paddle brush to detangle with in the shower was okay and not doing any damage. So wrong! Smh I almost wanna buy a whole bunch of wide tooth combs now.

I'm also going to be buying all things moisturizing.

I'll be busy for the next few months so I'd maybe I'll be surprised by the end of the year. :( I'm going to try bunning for the rest of the year.

Aww, I'm sorry. Nicer ends are worth losing some length for though. I think there's a waist by Christmas thread if you wanted to join there.

I've pretty much given up detangling with brushes and combs and just use my fingers now. No matter how hard I try, I'm just incapable of being sufficiently gentle with a comb or brush. I know we have different hair types so I'm not sure how that will work for you but I thought I'd mention it.

Good luck!

HappyHair87
June 26th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Aww, I'm sorry. Nicer ends are worth losing some length for though. I think there's a waist by Christmas thread if you wanted to join there.

I've pretty much given up detangling with brushes and combs and just use my fingers now. No matter how hard I try, I'm just incapable of being sufficiently gentle with a comb or brush. I know we have different hair types so I'm not sure how that will work for you but I thought I'd mention it.

Good luck!

I washed my hair today back to curly. Deep conditioned it with Aussie Smooth 3 minute Miracle...left it in for about 5 to 10 minutes. Styled with my fingers and wide tooth comb...it was SO much easier to detangle with nicer ends.

I styled my curls with coconut oil, shea moisture leave in and some gel and put it in a bun.

It's gonna remain in a bun for a while. I've been in a sour mood lately.

ReneeG
August 24th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Hi ladies! Just checking in with everybody, where are you all in your progress? I'm not sure if I'll make it or not.... I just hit waistish, and am not sure if I'll get another couple inches by Christmas. I think hip is just above the waistband of my shorts - the top of the iliac crest right? Let's do some check in photos!

http://i62.tinypic.com/9gbo5t.jpg

starshade
August 27th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Hi, I'd love to join this. I've been maintaining around waist for 2 yrs now- 1st damage, then huge shed and thin ends. But I'm sick of waiting for my thickness to catch up so have decided to let it grow as it will with only occasional trims- I tend to get scissor-happy. My hair grows relatively fast 3/4- 1" per month, so hopefully I can hit hip by Christmas. Will try and post pics as soon as I do a length-shot. ReneeG, you don't have very far to go!

Crumpet
August 27th, 2015, 07:55 AM
I MAY make it. I have been stuck at waist for two years while I trimmed out my layers. I've been trimming less aggressively lately, but still trimming every few months. I'd love to be at hip by Christmas because my wedding is just a few weeks after that and I'd like to be at hip for it.

Salty Sloth
August 27th, 2015, 07:12 PM
I'm gonna make it! My tippy-tips are starting to hit hip now!
http://i.imgur.com/LagFUGSl.jpg

ReneeG
August 31st, 2015, 08:10 PM
Welcome Starshade, and thank you! I hope I make it, I get the usual half inch a month, but am trim happy as well lol.

I hope you make it Crumpet!!! I wish I'd had long hair for my wedding, I actually used clip in extensions to achieve an actual bun (short hair never really suited me) :(

Yay Salty Sloth!! You'll have an awesome solid hip length by Christmas if you're already brushing it now.

starshade
September 13th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Thank you ReneeG! Finally getting round to posting pics. Hope this works!
My hair length currently measures at 28.5" and I need to get to 32.5" to reach hip, so around 3". Well, I'll be happy if I get close to that! After that, will be maintaining for hemline-thickness again.

http://s5.postimg.org/mfua0zup3/002.jpg (http://postimage.org/) screen shot windows (http://postimage.org/app.php)

http://s5.postimg.org/78eagn2uf/007.jpg (http://postimage.org/) images hosting (http://postimage.org/)

elsieivy
September 15th, 2015, 04:17 PM
I don't think I'm going to get to a solid hip by Christmas but I'm still hopefully that I'll at least be brushing hip.

elsieivy
December 24th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Well I think I successfully made it to brushing hip. My hair touches the waist band on pretty much all my pants and skirts now. It isn't the super solid hip I was hoping for but I'll take it! With any luck I'll be at tailbone by this time next year. How did everyone else do and what are your plans for the next year?