PDA

View Full Version : It finally happened...and a question

Amahaitz
October 20th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Someone finally told me I should donate my hair to cancer patients. It was just as irritating as everyone says it is :)

Also, do you think I should trim a few inches off my hair to get rid of the yellower color?

CastaDiva
October 20th, 2014, 01:59 PM
It's not up to someone else to decide what you do with your hair. Why tell people to donate, if someone wants to donate I'm sure they are more likely to do so if they are not told they should. If I lived in a country where this issue came up, it would just make me even more determined to keep growing my hair. If I wanted to donate my hair it would be because I wanted to and not because someone told me I should. It would have quite the opposite effect of what the donate-your-hair people were after.

I think your hair looks gorgeous as it. I see no need to trim a few inches unless the yellower color really bothers you :) It's quite subtle anyway.

Chiaroscuro
October 20th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I think the silver and gold over the darker color is really nice. I wouldn't trim it just to get rid of the gold which seems to be in some places many inches long.

And speaking of beautiful contrasts, have you seen Vanadis_Lithae, a new member? Just goes to show, contrast can be beautiful! Don't cut your hair just to get rid of the gold.

LauraLongLocks
October 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Yay that your hair is so long someone would think you should donate it. Boo that someone actually said that to you. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I imagine it will be quite irritating when it does.

No, I don't think you should trim to get rid of the yellower color. It looks fine to me. Let it be, or if it truly bothers you, trim it out slowly so you don't have to lose your beautiful length.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 20th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I don't think the blonde colour is very noticeable; if I were you I would just leave it. You could microtrim though if you don't want to lose length. I am hoping my hair will look as wonderful as yours when I regrow my greys.... your hair is a magnificent mane!

fiğrildi
October 20th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Your hair is wonderful. I think both colours have a very subtle transition, which looks very pretty :)

Entangled
October 20th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Their comment wasn't very thoughtful...LOL doesn't accept silver hair. Yours is beautiful,though!

Clarkie
October 20th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Another vote here to NOT cut your beautiful hair. It's lovely :)

spidermom
October 20th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Only trim off the yellower hairs if they bother you or have a lot of splits. Otherwise grow on!

I only got the "are you growing your hair to donate it?" remark once. I said "no, I think I'm going to keep it." That was the end of that.

Spinder
October 20th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Don't listen to them. Not even for a second.

I'm just going to throw this out there - when people say that, it makes me mad. It's your hair, and you will do what you like with it. I don't mean to sound cold or anything, or to put down anyone who does choose hair donation, but honestly, no force on this Earth could ever persuade me to do that. It just takes too many years of dedication for hair to grow. A cancer patient's hair will grow back once their treatment is complete, and in the meantime, there are lots and lots of absolutely gorgeous artificial hairpieces they can wear if they choose. There are many other much more productive ways I can help those in need.

Spinder
October 21st, 2014, 01:16 AM
In addition - synthetic hairpieces are much easier to care for and style than those made from real human hair, which means a lot less time and work for a person who is ill with cancer. Even the highest quality synthetic hair is also still far less expensive than real hair.

Fufu
October 21st, 2014, 01:34 AM
You only donate when you really want to.

Don't let others decide for you.

Zindell
October 21st, 2014, 02:50 AM
http://s785.photobucket.com/user/amahaitz/media/pic2_zps699d4295.png.html
Also, do you think I should trim a few inches off my hair to get rid of the yellower color?

Lovely hair! Don't cut away anything! (Read my signature below, lol)

Carolyn
October 21st, 2014, 07:31 AM
Don't trim unless the color bothers you. If you like your current length you could trim an inch every couple of months and be rid of the yellow ends in about a year.

Stormynights
October 21st, 2014, 07:58 AM
You can use a whitening conditioner on the yellow bits. Shimmering Lights works very well. Just be careful and don't use it too often or you will get the old lady looking hair color. Your hair is beautiful BTW.

lapushka
October 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM
*Very* pretty hair! I wouldn't trim away anything, if I were you. Why? I mean... If it truly bothers you, you can always microtrim, so you get to keep your length. And everyone's right, don't let others decide for you.

UniqueWabbit
October 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
http://s785.photobucket.com/user/amahaitz/media/pic2_zps699d4295.png.html

Someone finally told me I should donate my hair to cancer patients. It was just as irritating as everyone says it is :)

NO!!! No no no no no. You'll cry. Then I'll cry. It looks awesome. You will miss the hair and it won't look any better. I promise. Hope I'm not too late!

ZeppHead
October 21st, 2014, 03:23 PM
Personally I would begin a scheduled micro trimming schedule only if it's damaged. If its not and its simply different color I wouldn't touch it. Beautiful color to me and beautiful length as well!

fairy_hair
October 21st, 2014, 04:16 PM
That must be so irritating but at least you know your hair is indeed noticeably long for aomeone to suggest such a thing :D

Beckstar
October 21st, 2014, 05:45 PM
It's pretty as is. Just tell them you're going to donate to some homeless birds. ;)