PDA

View Full Version : BCL by Christmas 2015!

LauraLongLocks
October 19th, 2014, 10:57 AM
That's what I'm hoping for, but my trimming might slow me down. Who else aims to meet that length goal by the end of 2015?

I have about four or five inches to grow to make BCL. I'm trimming 5 mm a month, so I might not make it, but it would be really cool if I did make it.

Caragh
October 19th, 2014, 11:18 AM
That's what I'm hoping for, but my trimming might slow me down. Who else aims to meet that length goal by the end of 2015?

I have about four or five inches to grow to make BCL. I'm trimming 5 mm a month, so I might not make it, but it would be really cool if I did make it.

Me! I'm currently just grazing hip and have around 5 inches to go until BCL so we're at a similar length :) providing I don't get too scissor happy I should make it!

lapushka
October 19th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I'm going for classic for that year, so I'm in the neighboring thread. :lol: Wishing you lots of luck on your journey. Just don't trim too much off, Laura! ;)

Rushli
October 19th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Ooo, this is more my speed! I 'signed up' for TBL by Christmas 2015 knowing unless I had some huge growth spurts, I would not make it. BCL seems quite doable. I just hit 31" and average 1/2" a month so by mid December I should gain 7". That puts me at 38" (BCL is 2 or 3" about TBL, which is 40", so it might even give me a little to spare. Which is nice since I measure stretched.)

Anyone trying this to speed up growth? I am really just starting to try somethings constantly. Right now it is a hair mask with the following ingredient:
Emu oil
Castor oil (might take out once Bhringaraj Oil is here, but it might be nice to thicken things up still)
Bhringaraj Oil (in the mail)
caffeine pill
Fenugeek pill
pills are dissolved in a little roobios tea
Tea Tree essential oil (for scalp, not growth)
Cederwood EO
Lavender EO
Thyme EO
Basil EO
Rosemary EO

The emu oil and EOs did thicken up my eye brows when I used it for a short bit, so I am hopeful. I lost the bottle so I only just started using it again but hope longer use will really cover my one bare spot. The Bhringaraj Oil I got because I also have migraines, and am willing to try anything to help them that wont make me throw up and be useless to my kids still. Fenugeek is left over from breastfeeding, so I am giving it a try. I drink Roobios tea frequently, so I just use a little of the hot tea to dissolve the pills. It is just a bonus that it is rumored to be helpful in growing hair.

I have everything premixed but the pills so it really does not take long to get it together and plop it on my head. I love wash days because I put all the oils on my head, put the kids to bed, watch an episode of Dr who with DH (we are re-watching them all), DH goes to bed and I get out my foot bath to soak my feet, veg in front of the tv or listen to a book while hanging out here.

MsPharaohMoan
October 19th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Eep! I just hit hip and have 3 ish inches to go until BCL. Hopefully by Christmas (my one year anniversary of hair growing) I'll be able to claim BCL. Last Christmas I was almost BSL.

twiglet
October 19th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I'll join! I've got about... 8.5 inches to BCL so I'm more than happy to set that goal for myself because even if I don't make it, I'll sure be a lot closer than I am now! (plus if I don't make it by Christmas my birthday is 3 months later and that would be a lovely gift :o )

LongCurlyTress
October 19th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Me me me!! I want to join this thread too, pretty please? I am at a solid 31 inches this month, October, 2014 and hoping for bcl or tbl by December, 2015. So, I love being a short girl... 5'2". I have done the chairseat to hemline measuring test, which doesn't work for everyone, but seems to be pretty accurate for me... so... in 6 more inches I should be at tbl, but at least at bcl pending trims. Being short certainly does have its advantages! LOL!! :lala:

Aderyn
October 19th, 2014, 06:48 PM
I hope to be at BCL with curly/wavy hair by Christmas 2015. I have a few stray hairs that are at there when stretched, though I'm hoping to solidly be BCL come the end of next year. I'm also going to throw in some trimming, so I wonder how much that will "slow" me down.

Aurum
October 19th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Hmm... I'm at a wispy 31 inches. If I decide not to maintain at hip to thicken up my hemline, I'll go for it. My growth is a bit slower than average so it might be Jan or Feb 2016 before I get there.

ReneeG
October 20th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I think I'll join onto this one! There isnt a thread for growing to hip by Christmas 2015, and my hair growth chart says I can make it to BCL by Halloween next year... with no trims lol. So lets see! I dont trim large amounts or on a regular basis anyways.

I was originally planning on waist length when I joined LHC, then after awhile I decided on Hip for aesthetic reasons, and now... Maybe BCL?? The hunger never goes away! This is all assuming that I am comfortable with this much hair for my required work bun, but I am sure I'll figure that out as I go.

LauraLongLocks
October 20th, 2014, 01:26 PM
When I make BCL, I promise I won't take a nude photo, lol! Just in case you might be worried. Ha ha! Was reading another thread about nude photos, in case you were wondering where that came from. Seems like no one takes nudes much below hip, and thank goodness! Though, I did see one about knee in the nude, but everything was covered with the hair. Really quite awesome, but I wouldn't be so brave. You'll all just have to take my word for it when I reach BCL (and anything lower than that), lol. In fact, I haven't ever taken a nude hair length photo.

I hope BCL isn't a lofty goal for me since I am trimming as I go. Since trimming, however, my ends are much nicer and my growth progress is easier to see. I don't think I'll stop trimming anytime soon, though I may reduce my frequency of trimming eventually.

Agnes Hannah
October 20th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I want to try!! I'm waist now and planning trims but it's a good possibility I could do it! BCL is my goal at any rate and I will not be posting nude pics either when I get there, nothing to see anyway ha ha. I'm aiming for hip by Christmas this year and BCL is about 4 inches below this point 😋

leilani
October 20th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Isn't the a tbl Christmas 2015 thread? Well this one is more doable for me anyways! But I do so hate the name of this milestone! Who ever thought up this body marker?

lapushka
October 20th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Isn't the a tbl Christmas 2015 thread? Well this one is more doable for me anyways! But I do so hate the name of this milestone! Who ever thought up this body marker?

There is a TBL by Christmas 2015 thread, yes! Riiight here:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122665

mica
October 20th, 2014, 05:58 PM
I'm in! my fairytale ends are brushing hip, and even though I'm tempted by the idea of micro trimming during 2015 I hope it's doable! I have about 13 cm to go :)

But I do so hate the name of this milestone! Who ever thought up this body marker?

:laugh: I know, right?

LauraLongLocks
October 20th, 2014, 08:35 PM

Ha ha! Agreed, lol. Never thought so much about my backside until coming to LHC.

hanne jensen
October 21st, 2014, 08:04 AM
There's no way that I can make it, but I'll be cheering for all of you on this thread. Grow, hair, grow!

LauraLongLocks
October 21st, 2014, 04:35 PM
There's no way that I can make it, but I'll be cheering for all of you on this thread. Grow, hair, grow!

You could if your hair grows as fast as Tini'sNewHair... she started this year significantly shorter than me and now has hair significantly longer than me. I think her hair growth is powered by jet fuel.

Federica
October 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
I'll join too!
I've got about 10 cm to get to BCL (now at a couple of inches past hip), still microtrimming monthly to get rid of side bangs/layers that now after years appear like long fairytales at the sides, hope to get there with a blunt hem, but it's finally starting to feel long again and it's so amazing!

hanne jensen
October 23rd, 2014, 03:27 AM
You could if your hair grows as fast as Tini'sNewHair... she started this year significantly shorter than me and now has hair significantly longer than me. I think her hair growth is powered by jet fuel.

I don't have that kind of hair growth. I'll be very happy if I reach MBL or can I call this waist by next Xmas. However, I feel that a cheering section is needed and I'll be rooting for all of you.

LauraLongLocks
October 23rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
I don't have that kind of hair growth. I'll be very happy if I reach MBL or can I call this waist by next Xmas. However, I feel that a cheering section is needed and I'll be rooting for all of you.

Well thanks for cheering everyone. :)

I am a week away from my usual picture/measurement/trim day. I feel like my hair is getting longer sometimes, and at other times it feels like it shorter or at a stand-still. Yesterday when I did my usual LWB, I noticed my ends went around a little further than I remembered them going. So, hopefully that means my hair is growing. I really want to make BCL next year. That would be an awesome Christmas gift.

mariakatija
November 14th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I will be joining! I am 90% confident that I will make it to BCL by the end of 2015. My hair is definitely past the hip marker now at 32 inches. Let's do this! :cheer:

morrigan*
November 15th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Me me me, i'm at hip finally, and since stop triming so much, i think it's possible for me to achieve BCL, but i really need to start wearing my hair up more.

Johannah
November 15th, 2014, 05:06 AM
I'm joining as well! I'll be maintaining for 6 months or so in 2015, and then grow again... I should reach BCL at Christmas, I think!

Verdandi
November 15th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Oh! I wanna join the epic journey to the fabulous BCL ;)

My sig pic and stats are a bit outdated (May or June I think), and I do rech hip stretched, but I want solid before changing them.... Pretty confident I'll make BCL next year though.

So... hi ladies! :)

LauraLongLocks
November 15th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Welcome to all the newcomers joining us in our journey to the unmentionable BCL, lol! I love that length as a goal. It's an easily definable bodymarker, but you don't exactly want to go and tell people outside of online hair forums that you reached your buttcrack, lol! Before coming here I never gave so much thought to my backside as I do now. I never knew how many inches from my hips to my buttcrack, and I never thought about it. The things we think about and talk about here on LHC. ha haha.

So will our hair feel long when we reach BCL or will it still feel too short? I know I won't ever want to go shorter once I reach BCL. I think it'll start feeling exceptionally long compared to the rest of the world. I have started to get long hair comments on the rare occasions I wear my hair down, but I still think my hair is not at a length that shocks and surprises others. BCL might be long enough to really feel long in my mind. I know TBL will be, but that's not my goal for 2015.

How are the rest of you making your journey to BCL? Trimming as you go, or not trimming at all? Benign neglect or trying every hair growth experiment possible? S&D? Deep treatments of any sort? Are you concerned mostly with health or with length at this point?

I'm trimming as I go, so I hope I can still make BCL by the end of 2015 while trimming. I'm currently trying the caffeine rinse hair growth experiment. I am hoping to S&D all my old splits and not get a lot of new ones... seems like I have quite a few splits. Deep treatments - trying to do a moisture treatment once a week and a protein treatment once a month. I'm mostly concerned with health at this point. I am willing to take a few extra months to reach a milestone if it means arriving there with nice healthy hair. I want my hair to look its best at every length, even between bodymarkers. That is why I am microtrimming 5 mm a month in an effort to catch up to the bulk of my splits and to reduce the taper in the final 2-3 inches of my braid.

mariakatija
November 15th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I'm practicing benign neglect. I think I left my scissors in Europe so until I clean and possibly uncover them there will be no trims or S&Ds. No deep treatments either. I just wash and condition and wear it up infrequently. Also, my hair is longer than it was before I trimmed it in August! Yay! My hairdresser did not lie and actually took off less than 2 inches. It's actually the longest it's ever been!

bunzfan
November 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM
This is the group for me I'm certainty not getting there this December unless I have a major growth spurt!!! I'm just hip plus when waves are streighter.

rowie
November 15th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I think I'm gonna join one of these threads for the first time. I'm a little past hip. I plan to do a January 2015 length check since that is my hair growth anniversary. So far just bunning and ignoring my hair and S&D when necessary.

kganihanova
November 15th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I'm joining as my "reach" goal. If I get my full 12 inches of growth next year, I should be there or close anyway......

lapushka
November 15th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I'm joining as my "reach" goal. If I get my full 12 inches of growth next year, I should be there or close anyway......

Just between you and me 12 inches is a lot of growth to hope for. :)

Johannah
November 15th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Guess I'll go through 2015 with benign neglect... Or at least mostly benign neglect. Like I already said, I want to maintain for at least six months. My main reason for this is to thicken up my hemline and also to get rid of splits. I still have bleach and heat damage, but not really bad. Last week I did a big S&D session and I didn't have a lot of split ends at all. Last time I did an S&D is months ago. I'm happy!

For now I'm trying to stick to washing my hair once a week: shampoo - hydrolyzed keratin conditioner - MO. Guess I'm going to try a gelatin treatment tomorrow, but except that I'm going to quit with deep treatments because my hair dislikes them at this point. I'm curious if my hair likes gelatin or not.

rowie
November 15th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Guess I'll go through 2015 with benign neglect... Or at least mostly benign neglect. Like I already said, I want to maintain for at least six months. My main reason for this is to thicken up my hemline and also to get rid of splits. I still have bleach and heat damage, but not really bad. Last week I did a big S&D session and I didn't have a lot of split ends at all. Last time I did an S&D is months ago. I'm happy!

For now I'm trying to stick to washing my hair once a week: shampoo - hydrolyzed keratin conditioner - MO. Guess I'm going to try a gelatin treatment tomorrow, but except that I'm going to quit with deep treatments because my hair dislikes them at this point. I'm curious if my hair likes gelatin or not.

I'm also tempted to maintain at the current length I'm in to thicken up my hemline. But since my final goal is classic length, I think I'll wait to maintain for thickness of the hemline until I reach classic. I'm not sure yet if I want to grow down past classic but we'll see. Yeah I avoided those deep treatments a long time ago. I think I'm keeping my routine as simple as possible because so far I'm getting good results even though im not that happy with my current hemline and how it looks.

rowie
November 15th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Can anyone re-clarify where butt crack length is. Is it when you reach the very top line of the butt crack? Or is it past tailbone and closer to classic length?

ETA: someone told me it's right when the crack starts. If that were the case, I already have some strands that touch it already, but need time for length to catch up for a thicker hemline.

Verdandi
November 15th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I'm mostly practicing benign neglect, but I trim a little ever other month since I just can't bother to S&D much. I have past dye damage and mostly fine hair, so I have to do something to keep the splits under control. I actually trimmed 0.5 cm today. Next trim will be sometimes in January, when I'm hopefully at a solid hip.

I've given up on any growth enhancers and gonna stick with my daily multi vitamin, wearing hair up and gentle handling. Anything else, like DT's is just a plus :)

Entangled
November 15th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I think maybe I might be able to get there. My hair's just shy of waist, and BCl is about six inches away. If I don't trim majorly, maybe, just maybe.

puddums
November 15th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I'm in. I should be able to make it pretty easily (I think I have about 3 or so inches left to go). I am trying to wait until Classic to maintain for awhile.

Lindseyh
November 15th, 2014, 05:49 PM
I'm in! The longest hairs of my V hemline are about 2 inches from BCL. Provided I don't do anything goofy I should be a solid BCL by next christmas. Here's to ignoring it sporadically and obsessing the rest of the time!!

minaa
November 15th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I will be at BCL by next Christmas, definitely, and mostly grown out of my layers/shaping around my face. I have pretty fast growing hair, and I'm taking regular multivitamins. I won't be totally BCL until sometime in 2015, though. Looking forward to shaping it into a U shape when it's all grown out (minus bangs). :)

kganihanova
November 15th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Just between you and me 12 inches is a lot of growth to hope for. :)

It is...but like I said that's my "reach" goal. I get 12 inches a year under primo conditions (good care and good diet). If I don't trim at all, I gain about a foot- I'm just lucky that way.

calmyogi
November 15th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Is there a thread for reading the hip bone? I estimate that I should be just reaching the top of my hipbone by Christmas next year.

LauraLongLocks
November 15th, 2014, 08:55 PM
To anyone who is wondering if they belong in "my" thread... this isn't my thread. This is our thread, and our forum, and I am not an authoritarian or a dictator. You can be in whatever thread you want. I always say the more the merrier. Welcome to all who are here. I'm excited to be growing alongside you this year in our goal to reach BCL by Christmas 2015.

Calmyogi - I don't know if there is a Hip by Christmas 2015 thread, but if there isn't, you could create one if you want. Good luck on your growth journey.

Wildcat Diva
November 15th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I think I can make it! I'll join!

rowie
November 15th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks LauraLongLocks. I estimate I'll reach this goal earlier than I thought. I guess I'll hang out until I do. Good luck as well to everyone. It's been awhile since I participated in these length thread and so I hope I'll have fun growing along with everyone in here. :blossom:

sourgrl
November 15th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Oo! Me! Me! :joy: Just reached hip. I'm about 4 inches away from BCL and no plans to trim, only S&D

Hmm. I think I'm due for a celebratory milestone hair toy ;)

rowie
November 15th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Moved on to a different thread.

Aurum
November 15th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Funny, I went to post about how I'll probably join here, but it seems I already did a few weeks ago. Oops. :confused:

I'd say you're just about there already, rowie! Congrats. :)

alishaxmarie
November 16th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Joining in, I'm hip-ish length :) Glad to see a lot of familiar faces!
I'm going to continue microtrimming by the moon and intermittent deep treatments, probably a monthly protein treatment and moisturizing treatments whenever I feel like it. I stopped doing caffeine rinses for a while there but I've done them twice in the last three weeks and I'm in the middle of a run through of the inversion method.

PennyQuin
November 16th, 2014, 12:10 AM
I'm join in too! Next year I want to reach CL but most probably I will get to BCL because I'm really planning to trim a little bit... you know, we need a good start for next year!! I'm so excited! I never had this kind of long hair!

Verdandi
November 16th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Thougt I'd do a Rowie and take a starting pic. This is my hair at the moment (sorry for the muffin top-look and the lack of buttcrack ;) And the huge pic... ). As you see, it has flippy ends and some sort of wierd wave going on. I had DBF take a zillion photos which didn't help. It kept changing it's length to some sort of waisthipcrack, but this was a good average. I had a recent BBB disaster and lost almost 1" in thickness, which you can see if ypu compare it to my siggy pic (my fine hair do not like daily BBB, and you should stop when you shed four times more tahn ususal each brushing... :rolleyes: ). Still very detarmined to get awesome long hair, though :)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/Gn6cdVyIUA_Q4DrmhT7Y8gA0MxysVMS3NaP1nRNApzs=w626-h835-no

MsPharaohMoan
November 16th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Oo! Me! Me! :joy: Just reached hip. I'm about 4 inches away from BCL and no plans to trim, only S&D

Hmm. I think I'm due for a celebratory milestone hair toy ;)

Ooooh, I like the way you think!

DreamSheep
November 16th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Although my racer hairs at the bottom are brushing my butt crack - I'll hang around until I hit it a bit more solidly :) I suspect, or hope (unless my fine hair just keeps shredding away to nothing, or I have a surprise terminal length where I currently am) I'll go a bit beyond BCL by the end of next year, but as I have tons of layers I hope that the bulk of my hair looks BCL length (right now the bulk of my hair probably looks more like waist length).

lapushka
November 16th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Calmyogi - I don't know if there is a Hip by Christmas 2015 thread, but if there isn't, you could create one if you want. Good luck on your growth journey.

Here's the hip by Christmas 2015 thread:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127194

Wildcat Diva
November 16th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Man, now I had a little regret for posting in here because I'm not sure I could make it realistically.

I don't want to give up my two year trim coming up. I'll take one inch off this Spring. The hem is not looking great ATM, and that's not gonna get better with no trimming, is it? One inch won't give a perfect blunt hem, but it will be a great compromise. I'm trying to get that balance between optimal growth and a decently shaped hem. My hairtype/ texture seems to look a bit scraggly with FTE. Not awesome like Brunette's siggy.

Ah well, I guess I can dream. I'll be past hip for sure for sure.

rowie
November 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Funny, I went to post about how I'll probably join here, but it seems I already did a few weeks ago. Oops. :confused:

I'd say you're just about there already, rowie! Congrats. :)

Aww thanks! :blossom: I'm not happy with my hemline but I think I'll push forward until I hit my final goal of classic. I guess I can live with fairy tail ends for another year! Ughhhh wishing you a good luck. I think I'll move on to the other thread.

Thougt I'd do a Rowie and take a starting pic. This is my hair at the moment (sorry for the muffin top-look and the lack of buttcrack ;) And the huge pic... ). As you see, it has flippy ends and some sort of wierd wave going on. I had DBF take a zillion photos which didn't help. It kept changing it's length to some sort of waisthipcrack, but this was a good average. I had a recent BBB disaster and lost almost 1" in thickness, which you can see if ypu compare it to my siggy pic (my fine hair do not like daily BBB, and you should stop when you shed four times more tahn ususal each brushing... :rolleyes: ). Still very detarmined to get awesome long hair, though :)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/Gn6cdVyIUA_Q4DrmhT7Y8gA0MxysVMS3NaP1nRNApzs=w626-h835-no

Your hair looks fabulous. I don't see anything weird with some of the waves. I'm starting to loose mine the longer it gets. Wishing you a good luck. Your picture looks promising and I have a feeling you can easily grow there faster than you think. :blossom:

Verdandi
November 16th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Your hair looks fabulous. I don't see anything weird with some of the waves. I'm starting to loose mine the longer it gets. Wishing you a good luck. Your picture looks promising and I have a feeling you can easily grow there faster than you think. :blossom:

Thank you so much :) And good luck in the other thread! :flower:

LauraLongLocks
November 16th, 2014, 04:20 PM
When our hair makes it to BCL, will we feel that it is long?

I think it will.

Aurum
November 16th, 2014, 04:24 PM

I think I will.

I'd like to think that it'll feel long for me, but realistically I know that I'll want to continue on to TB, Classic, FT, and beyond...

mariakatija
November 16th, 2014, 04:51 PM
I think you're at BCL rowie!

LauraLongLocks, I've actually begun feeling that my hair is long. I don't feel that it's super long but I do feel somewhat content with the current length. I still would like it longer of course! I always see people with my hair length and think, "Wow! Their hair is so long!". Then I realize my hair is the same length!! Hehe

LauraLongLocks
November 16th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I'd like to think that it'll feel long for me, but realistically I know that I'll want to continue on to TB, Classic, FT, and beyond...

I think it will feel long, but I know I want to grow longer. I think at BCL I'll finally believe that it is long.

mariakatija
November 16th, 2014, 05:01 PM
LauraLongLocks, I hope it will feel long to you! It's a nice feeling. It makes everything worth it.

tokugawa.miyako
November 16th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Ooo, I think I can make this. The longest layer of my hair is at waist right now and, judging my how much its grown in the last year, I think I might be able to make it to BCL by next Christmas. I don't plan on trimming, so we'll see what happens. :stirpot:

schatten
November 17th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Yes, I'm in! I'm just past waist now, but I think it is good for me to set a clear goal. BCL at Christmas 2015 sounds good to me! My hair has to grow 19 cm (7,5 inches). I hope it is manageable.

Johannah
November 17th, 2014, 10:52 AM

I think it will.

I hope it does! But I think so.

Aurum
November 19th, 2014, 05:58 PM
So I just did a quick measurement and I'm around 4 and a half inches to BCL. I can do that. Maybe when I get there I'll maintain for the rest of 2015 and see how that goes before heading on to TBL.

LauraLongLocks
November 19th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I will probably grow 5.2" in the next 13 months because I grow about 1 cm a month. If I trim 5 mm a month, I'll only have a gain of 2.6 inches. I need 3 inches to make BCL from where I am right now.

So if I want to make BCL by Christmas next year, I'm going to have to figure out a different trim schedule. Maybe I'll do 5 mm every other month instead. That would allow me to have a 3.9" gain in the next 13 months. If I'm still feeling like my ends need improvement I can go back to 5 mm a month after reaching my goal of BCL, right? But then I'll want TBL!!! That's another 4" after BCL. Maybe I should just stick with 5 mm every other month from here to TBL, lol!

Argh!! And just a few days ago I was posting how I just want to hack off 2-3" to get rid of splits. I am so fickle.

Rushli
November 19th, 2014, 08:46 PM
You can always trim every 6 weeks if you don't feel you can make it a full two months.

I won't be trimming. I also plan on having fun with my hair. If that means lots of deep treatments, I will do it. If that means I am too busy to care, I will keep it simple.

I am currently starting to feel like I have long hair. I am able to do more buns without layers falling out. I am sure the feeling will come and go, so I will enjoy it while it's here!

It is hard to see, but here is where I am at and my fingers (not thumb, gotta pose better next time) are BCL. It is cross posted from waist to tbl.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/rushli/length/184793a8-a991-4bf9-909d-2d23a7fafeeb_zps63d70da5.jpg

schatten
November 20th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Yes, I'm in! I'm just past waist now, but I think it is good for me to set a clear goal. BCL at Christmas 2015 sounds good to me! My hair has to grow 19 cm (7,5 inches). I hope it is manageable.

Ok, I have to find out how much my hair grows in a month to see if I can make it. But the thing is that I also want to thicken my hemline, because I'm probably going to wear my hair down at my wedding (June 2015). Don't know what to do yet, have to think about it longer.

mariakatija
November 20th, 2014, 10:49 PM
I will probably grow 5.2" in the next 13 months because I grow about 1 cm a month. If I trim 5 mm a month, I'll only have a gain of 2.6 inches. I need 3 inches to make BCL from where I am right now.

So if I want to make BCL by Christmas next year, I'm going to have to figure out a different trim schedule. Maybe I'll do 5 mm every other month instead. That would allow me to have a 3.9" gain in the next 13 months. If I'm still feeling like my ends need improvement I can go back to 5 mm a month after reaching my goal of BCL, right? But then I'll want TBL!!! That's another 4" after BCL. Maybe I should just stick with 5 mm every other month from here to TBL, lol!

Argh!! And just a few days ago I was posting how I just want to hack off 2-3" to get rid of splits. I am so fickle.

Your hair in your signature looks fantastic! I'm sure you can trim only once every two months!

My hair should grow 6.5 inches in 13 months so I could be at 38.5 inches by the deadline. I hope that's long enough for BCL!! Looks like no trims for me next year.

LauraLongLocks
November 20th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Rushli and Maria, thank you both. If 2 months ends up being too long between trims, I could do a few 6 week intervals. I hadn't thought of that. I will try to go 2 months and see how it goes.

Schatten, to disguise a thinner hem, you could curl it.

schatten
November 21st, 2014, 03:07 AM
LauraLongLocks: Yes, that's an option! I never curl my hair, but maybe I should look for a proper way to curl my hair/ends without using heat and start trying a bit. Thanks!

LauraLongLocks
November 21st, 2014, 05:37 PM
LauraLongLocks: Yes, that's an option! I never curl my hair, but maybe I should look for a proper way to curl my hair/ends without using heat and start trying a bit. Thanks!

I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Wrap-Snap-Go-Hair-Rollers/dp/B000UJ246Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416616563&sr=8-3&keywords=rag+curlers

No damage at all. To protect the ends from being bent while rolling, I use perm papers from Sally's.

bunzfan
November 22nd, 2014, 04:36 AM
After over enthusiastically trimming this month I was bearly hip then took a pic today and wow it's grown already see new signature pic I wonder if I might make bcl by Xmas :pray:

LauraLongLocks
November 22nd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Yay, Bunzfan! I think you'll make it to BCL by Christmas next year, or come dang close enough you can call it.

nakima
November 22nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
I know this has been asked before but where is bcl exactly? is it above tbl? below tbl? or middle of your butt where is it? lol

Aurum
November 22nd, 2014, 05:02 PM
BCL is at the top of the butt crack. TBL is below BCL, at the end of your tailbone. It's the lowest point where you can feel bone and is generally halfway down the butt.

LauraLongLocks
November 22nd, 2014, 05:02 PM
BCL is, on nearly all people, above TBL. It is the top of your backside cleavage, so it is next to impossible for it be below the bottom of your tailbone. The bottom of the tailbone is located somewhere between the cheeks, before you get to, ehem, how do I say this politely... your nether-eye.

nakima
November 22nd, 2014, 09:41 PM
ok ladies thanks for summing this up for me. I guess I'm there now.The two are almost the same on me? Lauralonglocks you are too funny lol! I should be reaching tailbone by christmas. keeping fingers crossed!

LauraLongLocks
November 22nd, 2014, 10:05 PM
If you look on my current signature pic, BCL is about the middle of the next wide dark stripe on my sweater. TBL is about the bottom of the photo.

nakima - I try to amuse when I can. It makes life more fun. Some people say that their tailbone is the same as BCL, so you have some company. I don't think it's common though. Maybe we should take a poll on the polls and projects board, lol!

nakima
November 23rd, 2014, 03:29 PM
yeah we should that lol!

nakima
November 23rd, 2014, 03:29 PM
yes we should do that lol!

Rushli
November 23rd, 2014, 09:19 PM
here is a where is tailbone discussion (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126349&highlight=tailbone)

Verdandi
November 24th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Gosh, I'm one of those who's tailbone is almost at my uhm... back cleavage, it's just a cm or two difference. I feel like I'm cheating, or like I'm wrong. But I guess that since people can have very long tailbones, it's possible to have a short one as well.

nakima
November 25th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Thanks Rushli!

sourgrl
November 27th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Just following up with a current action shot, taken today; hand is at BCL and TBL is about an inch below. The current length is the longest I've ever had it and it's driving me nuts. Thank goodness for hairtoys!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/sagon069/Mobile%20Uploads/ac7d1194-af73-4d45-8bca-1089b9805c4c_zpsc4561b5f.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/sagon069/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ac7d1194-af73-4d45-8bca-1089b9805c4c_zpsc4561b5f.jpg.html)

mariakatija
November 27th, 2014, 06:38 PM
sourgrl, your info says that you're at waist but I think you're at hip!!

sourgrl
November 27th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Um, I sure am! Updating :D Thank you mariakatija :blossom:

Johannah
November 29th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Beautiful sourgrl!

LauraLongLocks
November 29th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Just to make sure I've photospammed the ENTIRE forum, here is my starting point going into 2015 and aiming for BCL. The top of the next wide dark stripe on my sweater is where I'll call BCL. TBL is at the bottom of that same wide dark stripe, and classic is the bottom of the sweater. Right now I'm just past hip. If this last year is any indicator of how I'll grow next year, I can probably count on about 3.5 to 4 inches of retained growth after trims. The wide stripes on the sweater are about 4.5 cm wide and the narrow stripes are about a centimeter, if I recall correctly. I measured them a few months ago and so I'm going off memory here. Anyway, point being, I think I can make it to BCL by the end of the year and possibly start my progress towards TBL if I don't have to trim very much.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/December2014lengthphotos033.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/December2014lengthphotos033.jpg.html)

Aurum
November 29th, 2014, 09:57 PM
I wasn't planning on getting measurement/photo on Jan 1st, as I'm doing every other month and it falls on the off month, but I might get a quick starter pic for this thread. We'll see. :)

Nebulae
December 1st, 2014, 05:30 AM
I joined the TBL thread but BCL is much more doable for me! So I'm in! :)
I'd say this goal I should definitely reach, and TBL is more of a competition for me depending on how my growth and trimming looks in 2015! There is roughly an inch between the two, which is two months growth... We shall see what the future brings, this will be fun! :cheer:

Johannah
December 1st, 2014, 08:42 AM
1 month before 2015 starts! ;) And 1 month before I take my first length pic in a while, yeey!

sourgrl
December 1st, 2014, 01:38 PM
Thank you Johannah. Really looking forward to your length shot

LLL I think you should easily meet BCL. Looks great

LauraLongLocks
December 1st, 2014, 04:22 PM
Thank you Johannah. Really looking forward to your length shot

LLL I think you should easily meet BCL. Looks great

I hope so, but I do grow slowly, so I won't be surprised if it takes all year. :)

patienceneeded
December 4th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I'm in! I just hit Hip and BCL is about 4-5" away. I trim about .5" yearly (maybe as much as 1") so BCL seems very attainable. Hopefully I'll be past that next Christmas!

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 02:23 AM
I'm in! I just hit Hip and BCL is about 4-5" away. I trim about .5" yearly (maybe as much as 1") so BCL seems very attainable. Hopefully I'll be past that next Christmas!

Welcome! ;)

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Double post

sourgrl
December 6th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Beautiful, patienceneeded. And welcome :)

LauraLongLocks
December 6th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Welcome patienceneeded. What a nice group we have here. :)

Lindseyh
December 6th, 2014, 10:08 PM
I should make it, right now if I tilt my head back about half way I can pretend to be BCL. However, I'm super frizzy lately-2015 will be the Year of Cones! I don't want to trim in '15, if anything a micro trim in June. Today it was so tangled it was nearly matted in places. Lots of slow detangling and an anti pony tail resolution.

LauraLongLocks
December 27th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I decided I wanted to have one last measurement for 2014. Bad decision. It seems I shrunk a centimeter. Not just that I didn't grow at all, I went backwards!!! Went from 85 cm December 1st to 84 cm today. :(

Ambrielle
December 27th, 2014, 11:57 AM
i am joining this thread :bounce:

i think with all the trims and what not in between i will still make it to BCL by next christmas (or so i hope), i am 3,5 inches away at the moment. I plan on maintaining for a while once i reach BCL.

Ambrielle
December 27th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I decided I wanted to have one last measurement for 2014. Bad decision. It seems I shrunk a centimeter. Not just that I didn't grow at all, I went backwards!!! Went from 85 cm December 1st to 84 cm today. :(

sorry to hear that :(

that is why i don't measure my hair very often because the measurements were not accurate but this could be because i am a wavy. Do you have any greys? i go by those when i want to check how much growth i have had in a month (i only henna my roots every 4 to 6 weeks) and providing hair is not splitting up.

DreamSheep
December 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Aww, sorry to hear that LLL.
That said, I've definitely noticed weird variation like that from one month to the next so it could just be hair being wavier, or being measured at a slightly different angle - so I wouldn't worry too much :) That length might suddenly peak back next month.

LauraLongLocks
December 27th, 2014, 01:19 PM
In fairness, all my previous measurements have been after a wash and blowdry. This time I just took it down from my bun and pulled the ends straight. Maybe that's why it seems to have lost some length?

I don't have any greys. Well, I do, but I've only seen them once. I have two on my head that I know of, and I can't seem to locate them again.

Ambrielle
December 27th, 2014, 01:30 PM
In fairness, all my previous measurements have been after a wash and blowdry. This time I just took it down from my bun and pulled the ends straight. Maybe that's why it seems to have lost some length?

I don't have any greys. Well, I do, but I've only seen them once. I have two on my head that I know of, and I can't seem to locate them again.

that was probably it, LLL :flower: i am thinking buns create a bit of a wave/crease, don't they? Wait a few months maybe and measure it then. i couldn't measure mine every month if i was focusing on length, it would only depress me and drive me crazy.

i have plenty of greys to measure from (trying to make myself feel better *gasps* ;)), just going to ignore them for now, i am not in a hurry to do do my roots.

LauraLongLocks
December 27th, 2014, 01:38 PM
that was probably it, LLL :flower: i am thinking buns create a bit of a wave/crease, don't they? Wait a few months maybe and measure it then. i couldn't measure mine every month if i was focusing on length, it would only depress me and drive me crazy.

i have plenty of greys to measure from (trying to make myself feel better *gasps* ;)), just going to ignore them for now, i am not in a hurry to do do my roots.
I thought I could counteract the bun waves by pulling it straight, but maybe not. Hey, today is wash day anyway, so I think I'll measure again after it is washed and blowdried.

patienceneeded
December 27th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I don't measure, I feel it's not very accurate. Some days my hair seems very straight, other days very curly. Depends on how long it has been since wash day, as well as outside environmental factors. I take pictures every once in a while, to verify that it IS growing... :smile: Even that doesn't work well as verification of growth unless I space the pictures several months apart.

I'm sure your hair didn't actually shrink. Besides, 1cm is such a small error, it won't make a visible difference in your hemline.

Wildcat Diva
December 27th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I SO do not measure very much. It isn't that important to me, it's just a number that on a wavy haired lady, may not be very accurate. I'm very glad that I don't worry about this. I also don't worry about my hair reaching milestones wet, stretched or straight. For me, it's all about when I reach the milestones consistently dry and wavy, and when it gets there is when it gets there. No fuss.

sourgrl
December 27th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Shrinkage is the devil! :p I live the "wavy hair, why you no consistent" life. I think I'd go crazy if I actually measured rather than used body markers. Generally if I reach the next body marker when wet I know I'll be brushing that body marker the following month when dry; solid body marker two months later. Hope a good wash will give you a more accurate measurement, LLL.

Right now my hair drives me nuts when down :( I'm determined to hold out for BCL but at this point I'm not sure if I'll keep it at BCL when I get there or cut back to waist. Additionally my bangs have grown out to a point where they are making my buns look even messier than my natural texture does. Not happy up or down these days!

mariakatija
March 4th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Happy New Year to this thread! How is everyone doing? Still trucking on?

Buckie
March 5th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone!

Major newbie here :)

I am at a solid APL and aiming for BSL-ish by Christmas. My hair has never been much longer than APL so this is very exciting.

LauraLongLocks
March 5th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Happy New Year to this thread! How is everyone doing? Still trucking on? I have about 2-3 inches left until BCL. I am trimming a bit until I get rid of the layer-thinned ends. I hope I can still make it to BCL even with my trims.

Hi everyone!

Major newbie here :)

I am at a solid APL and aiming for BSL-ish by Christmas. My hair has never been much longer than APL so this is very exciting.

Welcome to LHC, and thanks for joining the cheering section for those of us trying to reach BCL this year. APL means you are well on your way to having BSL-length by the end of this year. Just try to treat your hair nice and stay away from scissors. It will grow. It may seem a long way to go until BCL, but someday you'll be starting a thread like this of your very own. Good luck!

mariakatija
March 6th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I think I'm also 2-3 inches away, LauraLongLocks. I checked the other day. It feels like I need more inches than that, but I really don't.

Also our hair is both 33.5 inches! I'm sure both of us will make it by the end of 2015, even with your trimming. 2-3 inches is 36 inches of hair, which should take us 5 months, maybe a little more. That will be August. It's almost impossible for us to not reach BCL I think.

Todd
March 6th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Not this Christmas, but hopefully by next Christmas (2016) I'll be getting close...

mermaid lullaby
March 6th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I will join :)
I still got 6 inches to go but I'm pretty sure I could make it this Christmas.
I think BCL is a beautiful length.

LauraLongLocks
March 6th, 2015, 08:18 PM
I think I'm also 2-3 inches away, LauraLongLocks. I checked the other day. It feels like I need more inches than that, but I really don't.

Also our hair is both 33.5 inches! I'm sure both of us will make it by the end of 2015, even with your trimming. 2-3 inches is 36 inches of hair, which should take us 5 months, maybe a little more. That will be August. It's almost impossible for us to not reach BCL I think.

I hope you are right.

Vanilla
March 7th, 2015, 07:22 AM
I am a bit longer than hip at the moment, but I plan on microtrimming monthly. I should be able to make it to this milestone by Christmas.

Wildcat Diva
March 7th, 2015, 08:34 AM
I don't know that I will make it but I'll hang out anyway. I call my milestones dry and wavy. It's all good.
http://imageshack.us/a/img537/1563/CqPp2v.jpg

Salty Sloth
March 7th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure if I'll make it to BCL but I'll stick around this thread anyway! I think I have about 7" to go.

Buckie
March 7th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome, LauraLongLocks! I managed to go without a haircut or trim in 2014, though I got a quarter/half inch trim last week. I am confident I can hold off until BSL.

TwilightShadow
March 7th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I'm thinking of joining this thread, though I'm not sure I'll make it to BCL by Christmas, as I plan to trim more this year. My ends are quite thin and I was initially thinking of maintaining at hip this year, but I'd like to gain length as well, so I can't trim off all the growth.

LauraLongLocks
March 7th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome, LauraLongLocks! I managed to go without a haircut or trim in 2014, though I got a quarter/half inch trim last week. I am confident I can hold off until BSL.

You probably can if you have no damage and don't mind fairytale ends. Good luck to you, and happy growing!

LauraLongLocks
March 7th, 2015, 02:12 PM
I'm thinking of joining this thread, though I'm not sure I'll make it to BCL by Christmas, as I plan to trim more this year. My ends are quite thin and I was initially thinking of maintaining at hip this year, but I'd like to gain length as well, so I can't trim off all the growth.

Welcome. It's always hard to choose between trimming and growing. I finally decided to make only one rule in regards to trims, and that is to not trim more than once a month. I've been wishy-washy on creating a trimming plan, so finally making just one rule, that I can't trim more than monthly, seems to be right for me.

TwilightShadow
March 7th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I'll probably trim no more than every 2 months, since my hair grows pretty slowly (1 cm/month).

I just saw in your signature that your hair is 86 cm. Mine is 82 cm, we're pretty close.

sourgrl
March 7th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Looking good WildCat Diva!

I'm growing full speed ahead. I think I've got about two inches left to grow. Then I'll be cutting back, though I'm undecided on going back to waist or hip. My scalp has been rebelling against my current length no matter how I wear it (up or down). The deciding factor is how it behaves down because my scalp demands a break from it being up all the time. I'm not sure if it's my texture but it's really grabby at this length, constantly pulling on itself when it's down. If I can't find a coney routine to keep it happy I'll be cutting back to waist and maintaining there; or starting a grow to hip then chop back to waist cycle. I've enjoyed not having to mess with trimming it so the latter trim option may be better. We'll see.

LauraLongLocks
March 7th, 2015, 11:18 PM
I'll probably trim no more than every 2 months, since my hair grows pretty slowly (1 cm/month).

I just saw in your signature that your hair is 86 cm. Mine is 82 cm, we're pretty close.

If you trim less often than me, you'll probably catch up and pass me. Mine grows about 1 cm a month, too.

Aurum
March 7th, 2015, 11:26 PM
I'd say I'm still about 5 inches away from BCL, measuring with my hand. At some point I'm going to have to have a pretty big trim, as there's a weird demarcation line where it tapers and thins quite badly below. I'm debating trimming now and leaving BCL for next Christmas or growing past BCL and then trimming from there. We'll see.

sourgrl
March 17th, 2015, 08:50 PM
I am at BCL stretched *woot*. If things progress as usual then I should be at BCL unstretched (I call it at unstretched) in two months. I need to start looking into my trimming options so I can maintain between hip and BCL. Not looking forward to trimming; it's been nice not having to bother with trimming.

LongCurlyTress
March 17th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I am hoping to be at bcl by Christmas 2015!! Big dilemma is: should I maintain at 32 inches and work on an even and thick hemline, which of course only lasts at the most for a week with my curly hair, :doh: or do I just accept the uneveness and keep on growing to bcl? LOL! Hmmmm?:hmm:

Wildcat Diva
March 17th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Looking good WildCat Diva!

Thank you for your kind words!

sourgrl
March 18th, 2015, 05:32 AM
LCT, it seems like your answer is in your question. You grow girl ;)

LongCurlyTress
March 18th, 2015, 08:24 AM
LCT, it seems like your answer is in your question. You grow girl ;)

Thanks sourgrl!! I am sooooooooooooooo IN!! ;) Hugs!!:blossom: Just bun it and forgetaboutit! My motto. :joy:

Btw, why do you want to maintain in between hip and bcl? As far as trimming options, if you have someone who can pull a Creaclip down your back, smiley face up, it does give a nice relaxed U shape. I have used Faye's method, which does work for many, but leaves my hemline very even and straight in front, but a bit jaggedy when my hair is just down my back. But then, my hair is very 3b curly obstinate, so it doesn't take much to have the hemline looking uneven. :/ Good luck!! ;) Someone else on these threads, Seeshami? calls her curls, her "naughty mess." I can totally relate! ;)

ETA: doh! I just read down lower and saw that your hair gets grabby as it gets longer. Mine too!! Bunning does help!! ;) I really miss having my hair down, but it tangles so easily in these unchartered for me new lengths these days. I know how/why you want to trim shorter, but it feels so great when your hair wraps around your rib cage and hugs you in the shower and the wet ends dance on your booteee!! Sorry for getting so graphic, but my hair didn't do this when it was at waist last year. Guess bunning it is!! Come on bcl!! :) Hope you dont have to cut back to waist. ;( That would be sad, although when people do this after attaining a bcl/tbl etc, the new hemilne is so thick and razor straight. Just beautiful! That being said, with your straighter hair, I am hoping you don't trim it back after reaching your goal. ;)

ETA2 : Aurum, I did trim back my line of fuzzy, thinning ends 1 1/2 inches last November. Funny thing is my hair started growing faster after I did this! ;) And has grown back thicker, well mostly. My siggy pic was just taken in March, 2015 so the thinner ends are still growing unevenly, but at least they aren't as fuzzy as they were! Good luck with whatever you decide.

LauraLongLocks
March 21st, 2015, 05:56 PM
I think BCL is about two or so inches away. I'm going to trim 5 mm soon. I'm still on target for BCL by Christmas, even with a few trims.

lapushka
March 21st, 2015, 06:04 PM
I think BCL is about two or so inches away. I'm going to trim 5 mm soon. I'm still on target for BCL by Christmas, even with a few trims.

That's exciting. You'll for sure get to that goal, even with microtrimming. Good luck!!! :)

puddums
March 21st, 2015, 06:51 PM
I think I might be able to hit tailbone by Christmas. I just checked and I have less than an inch left before BCL (maybe about 1/2 inch)! :happydance:

sourgrl
March 21st, 2015, 07:41 PM
Yay LCT! The forgetaboutit method rocks ;)

I plan on maintaining here, definitely no shorter than waist, because I want to enjoy my hair down. Right now it's such a pain when I wear it down. The good news is I have solved the grabby issue with oil rinsing, woohoo! The frustrating news is my natural wave pattern combined with my fine strands result in wavy clumps at the ends that pull the wave out throughout the rest of my length; it doesn't wear well when down at this length.

But of course, I'm a member of LHC so I may get to BCL and decide 'why not classic?' ;)

Awesome to hear you're closing in on BCL puddums!

patienceneeded
March 22nd, 2015, 02:15 PM
I estimate about an inch, maybe inch-and-a-half until I'm brushing BCL. It's hard to tell at the longer lengths (at least, I've found it to be a challenge) exactly where you are and how long it will take to get there. Good news is that I know I'm gaining length, judging by the amount of roots I'm covering with henna every 6 weeks.

LongCurlyTress
March 22nd, 2015, 05:00 PM
http://www.haartraumfrisuren.de/

I think this video of Haartraumfrisuren's little trim of her gorgeous length from knee to mid thigh will be enough to motivate us all to continue with our hair growing goals. Onward and Downward! Carry on!!! as our sisters across the pond say!!

Good luck everyone!! ;)

lapushka
March 22nd, 2015, 05:24 PM
I just saw that video in my subscription feed too. :)

LauraLongLocks
March 22nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
http://www.haartraumfrisuren.de/

I think this video of Haartraumfrisuren's little trim of her gorgeous length from knee to mid thigh will be enough to motivate us all to continue with our hair growing goals. Onward and Downward! Carry on!!! as our sisters across the pond say!!

Good luck everyone!! ;) I love her hair!

I don't think I feel like trimming my hair next week. It is healthy and my ends are nice. I just want to trim to get it more even. So maybe just a smidge. I can't wait to make it to BCL!

LongCurlyTress
March 25th, 2015, 07:26 AM
I ALMOST cut front chin length face framing layers into my hair yesterday!! What was I thinking?? I have super curly 3b hair and would have to straighten my hair everyday if I did that!! I didn't do it after I rewatched Haartraum's video that I posted a few days ago on this thread. I hate having to deal with layers, but I just watched the Jodi Arias movie the night before on Netflix and thought how s. e. x. y. she looks with them but still has long hair. However, I resisted the urge and now I am back on track to have Haartraum's length, or at least classic if I can grow there! Yay for me for using my will power, the two week no cutting -"just thinking about it" rule (Thanks Lapushka!!) and thinking about consequences, looking at old pics of me with layered hair, etc!! ;) Anyways, it's a good movie, a bit disturbing, but she does have pretty hair. Ahhh, our values are a bit ......hmmmm??? LOL!! Not in the pic on this link below, but in the beginning of the movie, she is all about her dyed blonde hair with great face framing layers... hmmm? So tempting, but NO!! :tmi:

Oh I also checked out the singer, Sade's" braided slick ponytail" with huge hoop earrings" and that look would be totally impossible with layers, well, not impossible but a pain with the shorter layers to pull back into the low nape length braid.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.huffpost.com/gen/945133/images/o-SADE-facebook.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/sades-birthday-singer-turns-54_n_2490434.html&h=226&w=223&tbnid=Z23aD1OFrzBA1M:&zoom=1&tbnh=186&tbnw=183&usg=__-jEQPglv62H9JrbjkIUb0BUKTko=&docid=Hey4DQxyXhz2jM&itg=1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2787002/

LLL did you trim? I think your hair is beautiful!! IMO, just leave it for another month to get the full growth out of the beign neglect phase that you are trying so hard to do. :) Hugs!!

sourgrl
March 25th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Yay for the two week rule! Dodged a bullet there, LCT ;)

LauraLongLocks
March 25th, 2015, 10:59 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/2015-03-24%2010.13.16.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/2015-03-24%2010.13.16.jpg.html)

Left index indicates BCL, right thumb is at hip.

LongCurlyTress
March 25th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Yay for the two week rule! Dodged a bullet there, LCT ;)

Thank you so much for your encouragement sourgrl!! It's so strange how once in awhile I get the urge to cut my hair or do something else with it, layers, etc. and then it passes and I put my hair into my lwb and go on my merry way. Anyone else go through this? It's kind of scary. I have no interest today in cutting my hair at all but yesterday, I was all brushed out and ready to go either layer into the front with face framing layers or trim an inch off using Faye's method due to uneven growth. I am fine today and have forgotten where those darn scissors are. So strange!! Almost at bcl these days so why would I want to mess with that?? Ugh....... Since March, 2011 when I was in a chin length curly bob.. at 15 inches and now at 32inches solid hemline, not just from a few stragglers............ This is such a strange experience.. why do I do this?? Anyone else go through this or is it just me?? :/

ETA --And yay Laura!! You are so close to bcl!!! This year for sure! ;)

Ambrielle
March 25th, 2015, 05:40 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/2015-03-24%2010.13.16.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/2015-03-24%2010.13.16.jpg.html)

Left index indicates BCL, right thumb is at hip.

You've made great progress, Laura! And i think your ends looks good too (i remember you debating bigger trims), i would not trim them much at all if it was my hair. :thumbsup:

Aurum
April 4th, 2015, 10:02 PM
I would say I am 2-3 inches from BCL when stretched (measured with my hand). I have a weird U hemline though, so it might take me a bit longer to get all of my hair there.

LauraLongLocks
April 5th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Well, as you may have seen in other threads, I went for a bigger trim and now my hair looks like this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/April%202015%20hair%20collage.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/April%202015%20hair%20collage.jpg.html)

I am now at 84 cm and BCL is at 93 cm, so I have 9 cm to grow, or just over 3.5 inches. If I don't trim anymore this year, I can make it to BCL by the end of the year (if my hair grows the same speed as it did last year). I will be very close, if I don't make the milestone.

I really value a neat, even hem, so I don't regret my trim. It was just what I wanted.

I hope I don't need anymore trimming for a while now that I have finally cut off the last of my layers. If I can go a while without trimming, I can make some good progress.

Agnes Hannah
April 5th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I'm hovering at about hip at present, having trimmed a bit (2cm). I'm planning on another trim at midsummer and another later in the year. I'm hoping to make BCL by Christmas, go hair grow!!
LLL your hair is looking really lovely.x

mermaid lullaby
April 5th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Thank you so much for your encouragement sourgrl!! It's so strange how once in awhile I get the urge to cut my hair or do something else with it, layers, etc. and then it passes and I put my hair into my lwb and go on my merry way. Anyone else go through this? It's kind of scary. I have no interest today in cutting my hair at all but yesterday, I was all brushed out and ready to go either layer into the front with face framing layers or trim an inch off using Faye's method due to uneven growth. I am fine today and have forgotten where those darn scissors are. So strange!! Almost at bcl these days so why would I want to mess with that?? Ugh....... Since March, 2011 when I was in a chin length curly bob.. at 15 inches and now at 32inches solid hemline, not just from a few stragglers............ This is such a strange experience.. why do I do this?? Anyone else go through this or is it just me?? :/

ETA --And yay Laura!! You are so close to bcl!!! This year for sure! ;)

Nope! I was there couple days ago. I was thinking maybe, maybe I should cut back to waist. I haven't brought out the scissors yet, but yes, the two week rule does help.

PennyQuin
April 5th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Maybe this is my thread? Or maybe not. Right now i'm just heading to a solid hip length. I already trimmed my hair in February and I gained the length back. I will update soon with a picture... If I get rid of the oils in my hair first :D

LauraLongLocks
April 5th, 2015, 11:01 PM
LCT, I didn't mean to ignore you. I just now saw your comments directed to me. No, I didn't trim when you asked upthread a few posts, but I did trim an inch last weekend and my photos are in my signature now.

Hello back to you! I had a lot of those feelings about trimming off a larger amount, but never about layering, as you describe. I thought about doing a bigger trim to get rid of the last of my layering for about a year. I would feel dissatisfied with my hem one day, and a few days later I would be content to grow forever without trimming. Finally the feelings of wanting to trim off the uneven ends won, and I went for the trim. I'm glad I did it at last. The microtrimming I did before this last trim slowly brought me closer to my goal, but it was really satisfying to see a crisp clean hem at last.

I hope I can still make it to BCL this year. It will be very close.

PennyQuin
April 11th, 2015, 05:20 PM
This is my update with BCL pointer... it's pretty odd but yes, my BC it's odd :joy:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NoshsOWTqR4/VSmrS0wgoqI/AAAAAAAABA0/k1bl3QPHiKI/w485-h585-no/Cabello%2B11%2Babril.jpg

LauraLongLocks
April 12th, 2015, 08:38 AM
These pics of us pointing at our butt cracks... they are "cracking" me up...

LongCurlyTress
April 12th, 2015, 09:00 AM
LCT, I didn't mean to ignore you. I just now saw your comments directed to me. No, I didn't trim when you asked upthread a few posts, but I did trim an inch last weekend and my photos are in my signature now.

Hello back to you! I had a lot of those feelings about trimming off a larger amount, but never about layering, as you describe. I thought about doing a bigger trim to get rid of the last of my layering for about a year. I would feel dissatisfied with my hem one day, and a few days later I would be content to grow forever without trimming. Finally the feelings of wanting to trim off the uneven ends won, and I went for the trim. I'm glad I did it at last. The microtrimming I did before this last trim slowly brought me closer to my goal, but it was really satisfying to see a crisp clean hem at last.

I hope I can still make it to BCL this year. It will be very close.

Right on! Excellent decision to enjoy what you already have and even off the hemline. If you don't reach BCL by this December it will happen very soon thereafter, so not to worry! Your hair looks beautiful!

ETA I know the fingers pointing to BCL are too funny!! ;) Only on LHC!! ;)

LauraLongLocks
June 7th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Whoa, don't want to let this thread die before it has a chance. How's everyone faring lately? I think I'm going to make it, even though I trimmed an inch off on March 28th. Here it is today. When I reach the top of the wide navy blue stripe, I will be at BCL.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/June%202015%20length%20photo%201.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/June%202015%20length%20photo%201.jpg.html)

restless
June 8th, 2015, 01:21 AM
I dont know why, but it looks like I havent actually joined this thread (I thought I had...). Anyway, my goal is BCL for Christmas 2015 so Im in! Im currently at hip length and as of today I have 5-6cm to go until BCL and no plans on trimming. If I get that usual 1cm/month IŽll hopefully reach the goal by the end of December, but I wouldnt say no to a crazy summer growth spurt and reach it earlier :D

LLL it looks like youŽll graduate early from this thread :)

sourgrl
June 8th, 2015, 06:29 AM
LLL your hair looks incredible. So shiney! BCL should be easy-peasy.

ETA: Oops. I haven't updated since my last post. I made it to brushing BCL then cut back to brushing hip. Hip is definitely my happy place. Respectively long but not overwhelming :)

lapushka
June 8th, 2015, 12:50 PM
That's going to be a nice Christmas present, Laura! :thumbsup:

LauraLongLocks
June 9th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I dont know why, but it looks like I havent actually joined this thread (I thought I had...). Anyway, my goal is BCL for Christmas 2015 so Im in! Im currently at hip length and as of today I have 5-6cm to go until BCL and no plans on trimming. If I get that usual 1cm/month IŽll hopefully reach the goal by the end of December, but I wouldnt say no to a crazy summer growth spurt and reach it earlier :D

LLL it looks like youŽll graduate early from this thread :) Yay! It sounds like you will make it. I probably won't graduate early. That stripe is about 4.5 cm wide. It will be a miracle if I make it before the end of the year. One can always hope though!

LLL your hair looks incredible. So shiney! BCL should be easy-peasy.

ETA: Oops. I haven't updated since my last post. I made it to brushing BCL then cut back to brushing hip. Hip is definitely my happy place. Respectively long but not overwhelming :) I hope BCL will be easy-peasy. It is so close, yet so far away! If hip length is where you like it best, you should definitely wear it that length. :)

That's going to be a nice Christmas present, Laura! :thumbsup: I hope so. No desire to trim, so I have a good, fighting chance. :cheese:

Federica
June 9th, 2015, 03:17 PM
LLL My goodness, your hair has grown sooo much lately!
It's incredible! And you've the prettiest hem ever. I'm so happy you got these results!

So, how do we call BCL? Stretched or unstretched?
Because I'm at can-I-call-this: I'm there while stretched, but far from there (maybe 3 inches) with waves:
http://i.imgur.com/jxgh99ll.jpg

LauraLongLocks
June 9th, 2015, 03:42 PM
LLL My goodness, your hair has grown sooo much lately!
It's incredible! And you've the prettiest hem ever. I'm so happy you got these results!

So, how do we call BCL? Stretched or unstretched?
Because I'm at can-I-call-this: I'm there while stretched, but far from there (maybe 3 inches) with waves:
http://i.imgur.com/jxgh99ll.jpg

Thank you, Federica. I think you can call it when you get there stretched. Curlies and wavies, in my opinion, get to do whatever they want as far as calling milestones. I do appreciate when curlies and wavies distinguish a marker or measurement by saying "stretched" so that the rest of us know, but that is really up to you. Congratulations!

Federica
June 9th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Well, in terms of self-esteem it actually helps a lot to measure it stretched, because with my wavy-wurly pattern the visual length changes a lot from one day to another, sometimes it's just an inch to BCL, and some other days it's like a couple of inches past waist.

But as with the previous bodymarkers I will fully call it only when it gets there unstretched, so I'll stay with you here, hoping to get there by Christmas :)

Marika
June 20th, 2015, 12:15 AM
I think I haven't joined this thread but I feel like I could make it by Christmas! :) My longest wispies are getting really close but I'm microtrimming a lot to improve the appearance of my hair, so we'll see. Sorry the pic is blurry, my camera sucks!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17820&d=1434780307

Lucy Elizabeth
June 20th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Stopping in from the hip length by Christmas 2015 thread!

Unless I get a huge growth spurt within the next 6 months, I will definitely be a part of the bcl by Christmas 2016 thread haha :laugh:

All of you have gorgeous hair though! Giving me serious hair-envy :thud:

LauraLongLocks
June 20th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Good luck, Marika. Lucy, good luck on your journey.

Nebulae
June 21st, 2015, 04:39 AM
So I think it was last week when I thought of measuring how far I actually have left to grow to reach BCL.. and it's not gonna happen this year for me unfortunately. Turns out I have 10cm left, which means it will take me a little less than 10 months! I could get close but it would mean absolutely no trimming. Didn't think it would be that far. So I will gracefully bow out of this challenge and go back to focusing on the health of my ends. :)
Happy growing to all of you!

elsieivy
June 21st, 2015, 02:48 PM
So I think it was last week when I thought of measuring how far I actually have left to grow to reach BCL.. and it's not gonna happen this year for me unfortunately. Turns out I have 10cm left, which means it will take me a little less than 10 months! I could get close but it would mean absolutely no trimming. Didn't think it would be that far. So I will gracefully bow out of this challenge and go back to focusing on the health of my ends. :)
Happy growing to all of you!

I'm sorry you're not going to make your goal but feel free to come join us over in the hip by Christmas 2015 thread. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127194 (I lurk in this thread sometimes because I'm hoping for BCL by Christmas 2016.)

Aderyn
June 21st, 2015, 03:04 PM
Well, I've been to BCL and back twice this year. I have about 2.5 inches left before I reach it again (with stretched hair), so I should have no problem reaching BCL again. It'll probably be Christmas 2016 before I reach BCL wavy, TBL stretch due to all the shrinkage.

I've also realized my hair grows like a weed.. I trimmed off an inch or so 3 weeks ago and it's already grown back, maybe even a touch longer than it was before. Maybe it's just a summer boost to growth since my hair normally grows quickly, but not this quickly!

LauraLongLocks
June 21st, 2015, 06:19 PM
Well, I've been to BCL and back twice this year. I have about 2.5 inches left before I reach it again (with stretched hair), so I should have no problem reaching BCL again. It'll probably be Christmas 2016 before I reach BCL wavy, TBL stretch due to all the shrinkage.

I've also realized my hair grows like a weed.. I trimmed off an inch or so 3 weeks ago and it's already grown back, maybe even a touch longer than it was before. Maybe it's just a summer boost to growth since my hair normally grows quickly, but not this quickly!

You are truly blessed. :bowtome:

I am truly jealous. :wail:

WhyAmIHere
June 22nd, 2015, 12:15 AM
Just about 6 months till Christmas. Keep up ghe great work!

alishaxmarie
July 16th, 2015, 06:25 AM
I'm getting pretty close to BCL so I can possibly make it past that in the next 5 months! Within the past week I've begun castor oil scalp massages (mixed with sesame oil) so hopefully that increases my growth rate like many users have reported. If not, then maybe I'll see results in the thickness of my hair since I've already noticed less shedding. Either way, I just wanted to post an update since this thread has basically been dead since it began. PS: sorry for those of you also in the TBL thread since I posted the same thing there to bump both of these threads...

Aderyn
July 16th, 2015, 06:41 AM
I think this thread has done pretty well, especially compared to other ____ by Christmas 2015 threads. :)

I hope the castor oil works for you, alishaxmarie!

alishaxmarie
July 16th, 2015, 08:46 AM
I think this thread has done pretty well, especially compared to other ____ by Christmas 2015 threads. :)

I hope the castor oil works for you, alishaxmarie!

Thanks! But you really think so? I feel like I see the BSL by Xmas thread on the home page all the time lol

restless
July 16th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Well, to keep the thread alive I can add that Im still here ;)

Reading the title made me feel like I want it to be Christmas NOW. Today! Gingerbread cookies, shopping for presents, the music, the food, the lights... ah yeah, and of course the BCL hair too. I even found myself thinking "wouldnt it be nice with snow?!". :undecided Ive been waiting for summer to come along forever and now I sit here and wish for winter. Sigh.

alishaxmarie
July 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Well, to keep the thread alive I can add that Im still here ;)

Reading the title made me feel like I want it to be Christmas NOW. Today! Gingerbread cookies, shopping for presents, the music, the food, the lights... ah yeah, and of course the BCL hair too. I even found myself thinking "wouldnt it be nice with snow?!". :undecided Ive been waiting for summer to come along forever and now I sit here and wish for winter. Sigh.

Haha well the good thing about summer is the increased growth rate (for many, not sure how your particular hair/scalp is). The bad thing about dinner is that next comes autumn and awful fall sheds. Speaking of which, since I only got a measuring tape last week, idk if my hair grows faster or slower according to the season. Also, I had just quit CO-washing last fall/winter so I have no idea if I'll have increased shedding when the weather begins to change (although I live in Florida where the weather is extremely bi-polar and never truly cold) :shrug:

LauraLongLocks
July 21st, 2015, 08:21 PM
Yay, this thread is staying alive. I feel like my hair is the same length every time I look at it, but I'm not measuring until September. I hope to be pleasantly surprised with some growth by then.

Thanks for keeping the thread going, everyone!

alishaxmarie
July 22nd, 2015, 02:03 PM
How many inches/centimeters is BCL on you guys?

TwilightShadow
July 22nd, 2015, 02:15 PM
Well, if I stretch my longest hairs (they're not many, as my ends are quite tapered), I'm about 1 cm away from BCL. I still plan on doing trims every 2 months, so it will take a few more months to reach BCL unstretched, but I might reach it before Christmas.

alishaxmarie
July 23rd, 2015, 09:29 PM
I measured my body markers today and I have 2 inches until I reach BCL and then another 2 inches until TBL! Two inches in five months doesn't really seem that difficult even though idk what my average growth rate is :shrug:

Aurum
July 23rd, 2015, 11:30 PM
I'd been wondering where this thread was for a while now, and I'm glad I found it again.

My hair is quite close to BCL, probably within 1-2 cm when stretched. I think I'll be able to solidly claim it within a month or two. I'm so excited to start hitting butt markers now! ;)

Rushli
August 12th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I think I need to remeasure how much it will take to reach certain milestones, because my racer hairs (36") have reached BCL while oiled and stretched! I dont think TBL will be another 4" as it implies in my sig, I was thinking it was just a 2-3" difference. I am newly pregnant, so I stand a chance at actually hitting TBL by Christmas if my growth increases as much as last time! (well, you know, while oil and stretched)

Aurum
September 27th, 2015, 01:44 AM
Well, I've hit BCL just in time for a chop. Hmm~! :)

LauraLongLocks
October 3rd, 2015, 08:55 PM
I'm closing in on BCL!!! Just have about an inch or so to grow and I'll be grazing that length.

restless
October 4th, 2015, 04:54 AM
2,5 months left to go until Christmas and I have another 3cm or so til I hit BCL when hair is sopping wet/stretched... but then I lose like an inch to shrinkage because wurls. Im not too sure about this goal anymore.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 4th, 2015, 05:15 AM
I'm closing in on BCL!!! Just have about an inch or so to grow and I'll be grazing that length.

You'll be there by Christmas, for sure!

DreamSheep
October 4th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Whoo! You'll be there for Christmas LLL! :D

Lucy Elizabeth
October 4th, 2015, 12:36 PM
I think I graduated the hip by Christmas 2015 thread as I hit hip end of August/September!

My hair is now a little over 35 (so solid hip). It's in pretty good condition so I probably will not trim until February, so i may have a pretty good chance of getting bcl by christmas if i keep up with the coconut oil and benign neglect.
Benign neglect has been doing WONDERS lately, I have my hair up or in a braid 98% of the time due to work and school and have been hitting milestones earlier than estimated

Rushli
November 1st, 2015, 01:43 PM
I am officially BCL! I have gone a good 1/2"-1" past it so not only have my racer hairs hit it, but you can actually look and feel the bottom layer is there. So now I am going to tel all of LHC to look at the top of my butt. *blushes* Cant wait to get past this awkward stage and hit CL so my hair covers my butt!

Cross posted pic from 2015 Quarterly length challenge
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/rushli/length/oct202015_zps7kdrmvhh.jpg

Verdandi
November 5th, 2015, 03:14 PM
I finally reached the not-so-fabulously-named-butt-crack-lenght! :D
The silly thing is that I probably did it about a month ago, but since I don't have a full lenght mirror where I live, I've just kind of tried to guess how far off I was by tugging the ends of my hair towards where I though BCL was.... I recently discovered that my idea of where it is was sligthly off and that my hair had already reached there.

Next strep? Inventing the Mid-butt-lenght maybe.... :p Classic still seems far away and I have a really short tailbone, so the difference between BCL and TBL is just about 2 inches. Not such an exciting milestone as it could have been. Guess I'll do I nice Christmas trim and then aim for that Mid-Butt....

LauraLongLocks
November 6th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Even in the shower, with hair pulled straight from the flow of water, my hair seems to have forever to go until it reaches BCL. Seems like it's the same every time I look at it. About an inch, about an inch, about an inch.

I don't think it grew at all last month.

restless
November 8th, 2015, 03:56 AM
You can make it LLL! :)

Im in the same boat as you with approximately one inch to go still. I think Ive been in the one inch boat forever... Ive been practicing benign neglect for the past months though ("up in a bun and forget about it") and the other day I suddenly had a moment of feeling woah its getting long! when looking in the mirror :)

parkmikii
November 8th, 2015, 04:31 AM
I wonder if I can make it..my hair seems to have about 3 fingers until it gets there but I doubt it can grow that much in 2 months..

mariakatija
November 9th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I am very close to BCL when my hair is wet/stretched. It's about half an inch away. I mean, I'll technically make it to BCL by Christmas, but I don't know if I'll feel comfortable calling it because my waves shrink up some length when dry. But this is definitely a milestone!

LauraLongLocks
November 10th, 2015, 06:51 PM
You can make it LLL! :)

Im in the same boat as you with approximately one inch to go still. I think Ive been in the one inch boat forever... Ive been practicing benign neglect for the past months though ("up in a bun and forget about it") and the other day I suddenly had a moment of feeling woah its getting long! when looking in the mirror :)

Thanks. I've really not been paying any attention to it lately. I hope I can make it!

I wonder if I can make it..my hair seems to have about 3 fingers until it gets there but I doubt it can grow that much in 2 months.. I wouldn't be able to grow that fast, but I know some people on this forum who grow that fast and more! Maybe you could be one of them??

I am very close to BCL when my hair is wet/stretched. It's about half an inch away. I mean, I'll technically make it to BCL by Christmas, but I don't know if I'll feel comfortable calling it because my waves shrink up some length when dry. But this is definitely a milestone!I think wavies/curlies get to call it when they feel like calling it. Knowing you made it stretched is one milestone, and when you get there unstretched, you've reached another milestone. You get to have twice the number of milestones as us straighties get because you reach each milestone twice.

parkmikii
November 10th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks. I've really not been paying any attention to it lately. I hope I can make it!

I wouldn't be able to grow that fast, but I know some people on this forum who grow that fast and more! Maybe you could be one of them??

I think wavies/curlies get to call it when they feel like calling it. Knowing you made it stretched is one milestone, and when you get there unstretched, you've reached another milestone. You get to have twice the number of milestones as us straighties get because you reach each milestone twice.

Sadly my hair grows pretty slow, I am kind of sure I can't make it.. but that's ok,I'll reach it sometime next year.

LauraLongLocks
November 12th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Sadly my hair grows pretty slow, I am kind of sure I can't make it.. but that's ok,I'll reach it sometime next year.

That's right. It'll probably be there sometime between March and June. :)

Okay, yesterday I washed my hair and I can now feel it brushing the top of my rear end, but it isn't quite to BCL when wet. I remember for the longest time I couldn't feel the ends past BSL. I'm talking years. It's nice to be able to start feeling my ends again.

schatten
November 12th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Sadly, I'm am not going to make it. Now I'm still 20cm away. Last week my sister cut my hair, and a bit too much, so that's one of the reasons. She is doing a course for cutting people's hair and I said she could practice on me. She only had to cut it straigt and only 4 cm max. But she ended up cutting 9 cm ;) After all i wouldnt be able to make BCL anyways, :p but now BCL seems still sooo far away for me! I'm hoping for Christmas 2016 at least, haha

schatten
November 12th, 2015, 05:45 AM
My hemline looks muuuuuch better though!

mariakatija
November 23rd, 2015, 05:30 PM
I'm not going to check until Christmas, which is just a month away. I hope I will reach BCL stretched but I'm not too sure. I want a new milestone already!! I've been at hip for over a year.

MsPharaohMoan
November 23rd, 2015, 09:37 PM
I think I'm going to maintain at BCL for the rest of this year... Funny LLL, we were calling hip around the same time (or was it waist?) and now here we are creeping around BCL. I've got the BCL length but my hemline is in such a sorry state. You're lamenting not being at BCL but your hemline is flawless. Funny how the grass is always greener! :flower:

LauraLongLocks
November 23rd, 2015, 09:54 PM
I think I'm going to maintain at BCL for the rest of this year... Funny LLL, we were calling hip around the same time (or was it waist?) and now here we are creeping around BCL. I've got the BCL length but my hemline is in such a sorry state. You're lamenting not being at BCL but your hemline is flawless. Funny how the grass is always greener! :flower:

I'm nearly there... just a little more and I'll be able to call it. I don't know if I will make it or still be flirting with BCL by Christmas. It'll be close, no doubt.

Funny you should mention hemlines. I saw a young woman while I was out today and she had straight hair a little longer than mine with fairytale ends. I thought it was pretty. I am considering letting my hemline fairytale, but then, I like how having a clean hem gives an easily discernible length visually.

I wish my hair felt longer. It really doesn't feel long to me yet. I blame LHC for my hair dysmorphia.

MsPharaohMoan
November 24th, 2015, 08:13 PM
While you care about length the neat hem is useful. Perhaps someday you'll find a length you'd like to stop at (cue laughter) and you'll let it fairytale. That's my plan anyways.

HappyHair87
November 24th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Is there gonna be a thread like this for 2016? :)

mermaid lullaby
November 24th, 2015, 10:09 PM
I have an inch to go too!

Who made this thread? They did a good job predicting when we were go to be BCL at Christmas.

parkmikii
November 24th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Is there gonna be a thread like this for 2016? :)

There is one :D
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=134560

HappyHair87
November 25th, 2015, 09:47 AM
There is one :D
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=134560

Yipee freakin skippy! Let me go and join! :lol:

LauraLongLocks
November 25th, 2015, 10:55 PM
While you care about length the neat hem is useful. Perhaps someday you'll find a length you'd like to stop at (cue laughter) and you'll let it fairytale. That's my plan anyways. [laugh track won't stop playing] hahahaha! I might do what you say, after classic length. I really find a neat hem to be important right now, but soon I don't think it will matter that much to me anymore. We'll see.

I have an inch to go too!

Who made this thread? They did a good job predicting when we were go to be BCL at Christmas.

I started this year's thread, but had nothing to do with next year's thread.

HappyHair87
December 4th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Bumpinnnnng! :)

HappyHair87
December 4th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Whoops wrong thread -__-

restless
December 5th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Bumpinnnnng! :)

Whoops wrong thread -__-

Thanks for the accidental bump :D

20 days left to go and 1cm away when wet. When dry its not even close because wurls.

HappyHair87
December 5th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Lol! No problem! :lol:

LauraLongLocks
December 8th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the accidental bump :D

20 days left to go and 1cm away when wet. When dry its not even close because wurls.

Sending you some "grow fast" vibes! Good luck!

I can feel my ends brushing the top of my rear, after not feeling my ends since about BSL. I'm getting soooo close!

restless
December 10th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Sending you some "grow fast" vibes! Good luck!

Thank you, I appreciate that! :D

Agnes Hannah
December 10th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I'm almost there, almost there!! my hair is tickling me in the right places!!! so close now!!

LauraLongLocks
December 10th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Thank you, I appreciate that! :D You're welcome!

I'm almost there, almost there!! my hair is tickling me in the right places!!! so close now!! I'm right there, too!

mariakatija
December 13th, 2015, 05:07 PM
I feel like I'm just touching BCL but I still am not officially checking (stretching, mirror) until the 25th. Gah! The anticipation!

LauraLongLocks
December 13th, 2015, 10:12 PM
I can feel it brushing BCL sometimes, but I can't call it. Maybe if I blow dry my hair so it is absolutely straight. Yeah, maybe since 1c has a little teeny bit of body to it, I could just blow dry it out and it would reach, lol!

I remember feeling this way about reaching belly button length in front, and now it is well past that length. It seemed forEVER to make it there.

restless
December 18th, 2015, 04:44 AM
1 more week to go, ladies (and gentlemen?)! :disco: :hollie: :xmas:

LauraLongLocks
December 18th, 2015, 07:09 PM
So excited... I really am brushing BCL now. In another month or two I'll be solidly at BCL.

What is everyone planning on doing when they reach BCL? Continue to grow? Maintain a while? I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm feeling like I need a trim, but I want to be solidly at BCL before trimming. Don't know if I'll do one big trim (1" or so) or do several smaller trims (5 mm) over the course of several months. Or maybe I'll be too busy with my new baby I won't have time to care about my hair.

alishaxmarie
December 21st, 2015, 05:10 PM
So excited... I really am brushing BCL now. In another month or two I'll be solidly at BCL.

What is everyone planning on doing when they reach BCL? Continue to grow? Maintain a while? I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm feeling like I need a trim, but I want to be solidly at BCL before trimming. Don't know if I'll do one big trim (1" or so) or do several smaller trims (5 mm) over the course of several months. Or maybe I'll be too busy with my new baby I won't have time to care about my hair.

I was thinking about measuring tonight to see just how close to BCL I am but you and I tend to hit milestones around the same time although you don't have to stretch your hair for it to count! If you really think you'll be too busy with the new baby then I would go ahead and do the big trim in the next few weeks to get it out of the way so yippee less concerned with your hem. Plus, being busy with the little one will help you benignly neglect your hair as it grows back out from the trim. I plan to trim this week and then wait to trim until March since I'm reducing my microtrimming schedule to get as much growth as possible this next year.

parkmikii
December 21st, 2015, 10:22 PM
I'm finally claiming BCL as well with the curls stretched <3
I'm at about 91~92cm but I will trim back a bit today to get ready for the 2016 no trim challenge :D

Wildcat Diva
December 22nd, 2015, 06:55 AM
I am there stretched. However it is not solid due to whurls. Probably won't be solid for another three months.

And then, I won't trim, I'll just keep going.

mermaid lullaby
December 22nd, 2015, 09:03 AM
I'm planning to maintain, I want a thick blunt hem.

LauraLongLocks
December 22nd, 2015, 08:52 PM
I was thinking about measuring tonight to see just how close to BCL I am but you and I tend to hit milestones around the same time although you don't have to stretch your hair for it to count! If you really think you'll be too busy with the new baby then I would go ahead and do the big trim in the next few weeks to get it out of the way so yippee less concerned with your hem. Plus, being busy with the little one will help you benignly neglect your hair as it grows back out from the trim. I plan to trim this week and then wait to trim until March since I'm reducing my microtrimming schedule to get as much growth as possible this next year.

I don't think I'll trim just yet. I can't part with any of it right now. I am brushing BCL, but I want to be solidly there before I trim anything.

Agnes Hannah
December 23rd, 2015, 02:21 PM
My longest hairs are there!!!!
Decided not to trim this quarter because of this, so will keep going for a bit.

Wildcat Diva
December 24th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Pretty close. I am there stretched.http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/janineevans/5D6F302A-8C79-4780-BE89-276FC3B40A41_zpsqxutqeun.jpg

restless
December 25th, 2015, 04:02 AM
Merry christmas fellow longhairs and congratulations to all of you who made it to bcl :) Thanks for a great thread!

mermaid lullaby
December 25th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Merry Christmas!

LauraLongLocks
December 25th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Merry Christmas! I'm just brushing BCL, haven't quite made it there solidly yet, but for the purposes of this thread, I think it is time for a celebration! :) I'll post a picture on wash day (Sunday) when my hair will be at its prettiest.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 25th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Congrats, Laura, you just scraped in by the skin of your teeth! :)

LauraLongLocks
December 25th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Congrats, Laura, you just scraped in by the skin of your teeth! :)

Thanks. I think I will hold off setting TBL as a goal for 2016, because I don't think it is possible with my growth rate. I might want to do a little trimming, too. I have lots of white dots at the ends of my hair. Right now, I'm just in survival mode and soon I'll have a new baby to add to my busy life. I won't have much time to mess with my hair.

Agnes Hannah
December 26th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Congrats Laura, I am in the same boat, jjuuuuusssst made BCL, TB will have to wait a little. I forgo my last trim to reach BCL too, so need a little catch up. Maybe March time, around my 50th birthday I will reach TB.

LauraLongLocks
December 26th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Congrats Laura, I am in the same boat, jjuuuuusssst made BCL, TB will have to wait a little. I forgo my last trim to reach BCL too, so need a little catch up. Maybe March time, around my 50th birthday I will reach TB.

It amazes me that other people have such a short distance between BCL and TBL. For me, that's an entire year of growth, not just a few months. I'm thinking by March, I'll finally be at a SOLID BCL instead of just brushing it. My hair must be the slowest growing on the forum.

LauraLongLocks
December 26th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Okay, here are a few shots.

I'm feeling a bit too lazy to actually go through the trouble of uploading to Photobucket and post here, so here are two links. The first is my hair today, loose. The second is my hair today braided in a french braid.

https://www.facebook.com/LauraLongLocksLovesLongHair/photos/a.657127804347014.1073741832.648559558537172/1001062516620206/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/LauraLongLocksLovesLongHair/photos/a.657127804347014.1073741832.648559558537172/1001058129953978/?type=3&theater

mariakatija
December 26th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Congrats to everyone who (sort of) made it! I also (sort of) made it. My hair is at 34.5 inches and it's at BCL when my posture is perfect and my hair is wet. So it's not there just yet but it's close enough for now. I'll be checking my hair in June on my birthday for a new update and hopefully by Christmas 2016 I will reach TBL.

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad76/marijakatija/1dea4562-b4ab-4279-af28-065cbde49cc9_zpsbb2tgu6d.jpg (http://s923.photobucket.com/user/marijakatija/media/1dea4562-b4ab-4279-af28-065cbde49cc9_zpsbb2tgu6d.jpg.html)

:cheer:

LauraLongLocks
December 26th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Congrats to everyone who (sort of) made it! I also (sort of) made it. My hair is at 34.5 inches and it's at BCL when my posture is perfect and my hair is wet. So it's not there just yet but it's close enough for now. I'll be checking my hair in June on my birthday for a new update and hopefully by Christmas 2016 I will reach TBL.

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad76/marijakatija/1dea4562-b4ab-4279-af28-065cbde49cc9_zpsbb2tgu6d.jpg (http://s923.photobucket.com/user/marijakatija/media/1dea4562-b4ab-4279-af28-065cbde49cc9_zpsbb2tgu6d.jpg.html)

:cheer:

Wow, your hair is lovely. Really pretty curls and wurls.

mariakatija
December 27th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Thank you LauraLongLocks! And I love your straight hair. It's so amazing that people can have such different hair types yet all are so lovely! I used to straighten my hair (ugh). I may love straight hair, but that's not my hair. My hair is wavy and can't hold curls and reverts back to waviness when straightened. Sometimes a nice picture on a good hair day is all I need to love my hair the way it is.

Also I feel that if I see BCL on other people it seems sooooo long, yet on myself it seems long, but not that long. At least my hair feels a bit long...