PDA

View Full Version : Critique my hair care routine💇

Caragh
October 18th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Hi ladies!
I've been a long time follower of this website but have never really posted much. Over the past couple of years I've learnt so many amazing tips from all of you and was wondering if any of you could critique my hair care routine for me. The shine/length and feel of my hair have greatly improved but I still feel like I have a long way to go to match up to a lot of you ladies' standard.

I have a youtube channel which is where I posted my hair care routine http://youtube.com/watch?v=DEdJKvJew0Q which I mainly posted because it was highly requested by my subscribers but I was quite reluctant to post because I'm more than aware that it's not perfect. If any of you could take the time to have a quick watch and tell me things you think I'm doing well and things I could improve on here or in the comments section of my video I would highly appreciate it and look forward to hearing your responses.

Thanks again:)
Caragh

dottodot
October 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Caragh, you and your hair are so pretty! I don't have much to critique since I am fairly new here myself but it looks like everything you're doing is working! Your natural color is fabulous! If I were brand new to long hair care and viewing your video, I'd say you give great basic tips, like no heat, natural products, hot oil treatments. Don't be reluctant to post more hair care videos, yours was great! I'd subscribe! Whatever is working for you is perfect, everyone's routine is different. I say for the next video you may do, don't be afraid to get into greater detail of your routine, like how often you are washing and how you wash (e.i. WC, CWC, CO), if you are using any leave in products, your favorite braiding styles, trimming/trimming methods etc. I love watching hair care routine videos, the more detail, the better!

Thank you for sharing your video!

Caragh
October 18th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Caragh, you and your hair are so pretty! I don't have much to critique since I am fairly new here myself but it looks like everything you're doing is working! Your natural color is fabulous! If I were brand new to long hair care and viewing your video, I'd say you give great basic tips, like no heat, natural products, hot oil treatments. Don't be reluctant to post more hair care videos, yours was great! I'd subscribe! Whatever is working for you is perfect, everyone's routine is different. I say for the next video you may do, don't be afraid to get into greater detail of your routine, like how often you are washing and how you wash (e.i. WC, CWC, CO), if you are using any leave in products, your favorite braiding styles, trimming/trimming methods etc. I love watching hair care routine videos, the more detail, the better!

Thank you for sharing your video!

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for all of your advice ! I'm glad my hard work seems to be paying off and that others can see it. I think I will definitely be filming a second part to it with a lot more detail including the things you've mentioned especially since a lot of the techniques I've discovered on here aren't so well known to most non LHC'ers:)

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

Madora
October 18th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Nice video, Carah.

Some critique points about the video itself: ditch the music accompaniement. Your viewers should only hear your voice. The music is andistraction.

When you speak, try and slow down a smidgen. You're not going to a fire. I know you're anxious to get your hair routine out there for everyone to enjoy and learn from...but don't be in such a hurry.

In your future presentations, try and keep chitchat not pertaining to your video to a bare minimum. Folks what to know ASAP what your video is all about. They don't want to wade thru extraneous stuff.

Your hair care tips were very good. However, I would not recommend the Tangle Teaser, or anything like it, for hair. A pure boar bristle brush is much more hair friendly...and lasts longer than a Tangle Teaser too!

All in all, well done! When you mention coconut oil usage, you might want to demonstrate exactly how much you use. People understand the point more clearly if they see the amount of coconut oil you use once a week.

Lastly, your tiny flyaway hairs can be tamed by using a tiny drop or two of mineral oil (applied to your palms, never directly to the hair from the bottle.) MO is very lightweight, leaves no after scent, is a great detangler, and is dead cheap! It rinses out easily during your next shampoo. If you try MO, be sure to get MO that contains ONLY the MO and a fragrance. Additives to the mineral oil make it less effective.

lapushka
October 18th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Your hair care tips were very good. However, I would not recommend the Tangle Teaser, or anything like it, for hair. A pure boar bristle brush is much more hair friendly...and lasts longer than a Tangle Teaser too!

I think it's up to personal preference, Madora. Just because you prefer a BBB doesn't make it better than an TT. I have had my TT for years and I have *no* damage whatsoever in my hair. I love that brush.

Caragh
October 18th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Thank you very much for your very detailed response Madora :)
I actually agree with you on the music but usually include it anyways because that's what the majority of my audience seem to prefer although I'm aware some people ( including myself ) do find it distracting. Watching the video back I agree I was slightly rushed but I am jut so passionate regarding hair I could talk for hours and didn't want the video to be painfully long hehe but now I realised I could have gone more in depth.

In terms of your mineral oil tip I will definitely have to try that out, especially because as a dancer flyaway a are a huge issue of mine.

Thanks for your tips and for taking the time to respond.

Caragh
October 18th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Agreed lapushka my tangle teezer works excellently for me and my hair type, although I must admit I have never tried a BBB so I will have to purchase one and see how it compares - I might end up preferring it!

Thank you both for the great advice, I always love learning more and hearing others opinions :)