PDA

View Full Version : What has had the biggest impact to help you reduce shedding?

Thumper
September 25th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I did a search on shedding to try and find this out and holy cow! There are too many posts to go through...

I would love to hear your feedback on this subject, on what has been the best routine, product or what have you, that has reduced the amount of shedding you have.

I am finally at the place of growth now where I have hit a plateau. Meaning that, the amount of shedding I am having is going beyond what is growing longer so my length is at a standstill.

Thanks!

MsBubbles
September 25th, 2008, 06:51 AM
My first thoughts off the top of my head:

External factors -

* Post-wash combing/detangling as if my hair were 'old lace'
* Using gentler updos/hairtoys
* Not wearing my hair down over woolly tanktops/sweaters
* Watching out for seatbelts, shoulder-straps, etc.

Internal factors -

* Getting plenty of IRON!! (Can't stress that one enough)
* Keeping my thyroid in whack (I have to take synthetic TSH daily)
* Eating enough carbs to fuel my extreme training schedule
* Keeping my zen as much as possible (but man, that's a tough one!)

Carolyn
September 25th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Taking MSM helped reduce my shedding. I swear by it. As with anything else, it helps some and some not. But it's something you can get at places like Walmart and not have to order on line. It's great for joint health too.

rhubarbarin
September 25th, 2008, 07:20 AM
What I wash with has some effect - I shed more with shampoo, and with certain conditioners, then I do with water and other conditioners.

But the biggest thing is touching my scalp. If I don't rub it at all during a wash, almost no shedding. If I rub it very very gently, quite a bit. If I actually get it clean - huge hairballs. It's very frustrating because my scalp produces a lot of waxy sebum that makes my hair look dusty, and it's hard to get out. And it itches when I don't clean it! Even if I rinse it every day it will still get itchy without some actual scrubbing..

So, I'm not sure what I can do about this. I would love to have thicker hair and this issue might make the difference.. however, having an itchy head just feels gross to me.

redtea
September 25th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I never really got the trying to stop shedding thing... hair goes through its cycle then falls out, right? Unless you're losing an excessive amount of hair, then shedding is normal. That being said, the things I've tried that should have reduced shedding never did. MSM didn't do anything and I lose just as much hair when I shampoo with sulfate free shampoos. When I don't comb my hair and I have a lot of loose hairs, it just causes tangles, so I'd prefer to just wash and comb my hair and get out the hair then try to leave it all there and have it cause a mess.

Monsterkitti
September 25th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I noticed a definate difference in sheddding after I started taking a multivitamin and Biotin everyday.

Since wearing my hair up all the time for my month challenge Ive noticed tons more when I shower, like blocking the shower plug amounts. Im thinking its probably because the shed hairs arent really escaping when my hairs up so Im seeing 5days worth of shed hair when I dislodge them in the shower. At least I hope so! If it doesnt go back to my normal amount when I finish the challenge then I'll start worrying :)

Nightshade
September 25th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Internal- Every day I take:

2 Target Brand Hair Skin & Nails vitamins
1 multi vitamin
2 Evening Primrose Oil tabletsExternal-

The bigges thing here is the oil I apply to my scalp, it's a blend of EOs, sea buckthorn oil, and a light carrier oil blend of sunflower oil and shea nut oil. Applying that to my scalp and massaging has me down to about 5 shed hairs per shower. :inlove:

Carina
September 25th, 2008, 11:02 AM
My biggest help to reduce shedding is scalp massages.I also eat alot of fruit and vegetables and take a daily supplement.

spidermom
September 25th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Shedding is a natural part of the hair growth cycle. I don't blow against the wind.

Manako
September 25th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I was wondering this too. I have always been a heavy shedder, and my hair was once more than halfway down my back, so it has to be possible to shed and grow. I think most of my shedding is stress-related.

I eat a well-balanced diet with lots of veggies, and take a biotin and flax pill every day. I haven't really noticed much of a change from the supplements yet. The only thing I have noticed is that I shed less since I started henna, but it starts shedding again once it grows out about an inch.

Angelica
September 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I am with redtea and spidermom here - shedding is normal. Everyone loses hair and it is natural to lose up to a 100 hairs a day, the hair has just reached the end of its cycle. Some people do have a longer living hair cycle which is why some people can grow their hair longer than others. I don't believe it is anything to be concerned about. I actually have very little hair shedding myself, but I do notice that if I haven't washed my hair in a couple of days more will come out simply because that hair would've come out in the previous wash.

I think the shedding could look worse for some people when they are in the shower for instance because they have thicker and longer hair than other people, but I am sure that if you count the hairs most people are not losing excessive amounts unless it is through harsh combing - in which case the hair has been dragged out or broken.

I even know one woman who went to the doctors about the amount she was shedding and she felt silly afterwards about being told how natural shedding was and to remember just how much individual hairs are in just one patch of the head.

Our skin has to renew itself all the time, so too does our hair.

Carina
September 25th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Shedding is a natural part of the hair growth cycle. I don't blow against the wind.

You are so funny Spidermom.:D:applause.

Medvssa
September 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM
A very complete multivitamin.

kuwati
September 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM
1 multi vitamin
The bigges thing here is the oil I apply to my scalp, it's a blend of EOs, sea buckthorn oil, and a light carrier oil blend of sunflower oil and shea nut oil. Applying that to my scalp and massaging has me down to about 5 shed hairs per shower. :inlove:

Nightshade, where do you get your scalp oil? Do you make it yourself, or is it premade? Also, do you remember which EOs it contains?

Thanks in advance. :)

I have been trying to reduce my shedding since I joined this site a few years back, and that is the only thing I have yet to try.

maskedrose
September 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I'd also love to hear your oil blend, Nightshade!

Flaxen
September 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Stopping sulfate shampoos has made the biggest difference, hands down. I'm currently using a castile-type liquid shampoo, but Aubrey Organics was the first sulfate-free shampoo to open my eyes.

I am a naturally heavy shedder, but I used to lose gobs, or as we say here - shed squirrels, every time I shampooed. The result, combined with breakage, was that my hair remained at mid-back for over ten years. I still don't have very good volume at the ends because I shed in the 100 range when I shampoo, but it's a whole lot better than what I estimate used to be...oh, maybe 300-500.

Finoriel
September 25th, 2008, 02:00 PM
For me it pretty much sums up to five points:
- Most important one: I quit smoking, as a non smoker I shed noticeably less.
- Eat balanced, good old homemade slow-food :wink: and drink enough water.
- Exercise regularly.
- As little stress as possible.
- Gentle washing routine without cones and harsh sulfates.

Shedding in general is mostly related to genes, overall health and the products we use. Some shedding is also seasonal, especially fall seems to cause a fur change for many of us :wink: also known as "the big fall fall".

dorothea-brooke
September 25th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Nightshade, where do you get your scalp oil? Do you make it yourself, or is it premade? Also, do you remember which EOs it contains?

Thanks in advance. :)

I'd also love to hear your oil blend, Nightshade!

Pssst.... I think Nightshade is being modest and not answering here because it's a blend she makes and sells herself. You can click on the link in her signature to go to her store. :)

hennared
September 25th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Forgive me, guys, I just have to jump in here - since I am seeking ideas too, to decrease shedding. Of course shedding is normal. But, when you are in a situation like me - 3 - 4 times your normal shed amount (for 4 months duration so far), losing a third of your hair (measured by ponytail circumference) - then the shedding is NOT normal.

So, I just think it is not necessarily a good idea to blow off shedding as 'normal' , if it changes dramatically for your normal, as it has for me.

(and yes I saw a doctor - who was useless - and today I just saw a naturopath - who ordered much more complete bloodwork than the insurance-covered MD, to help me try and find out why this is happening).

-Hennared, now experimenting with Bhringraj & Amla oil...

ilovelonghair
September 25th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I have very minimal shedding which is great because there have been times where I lost heaps of hair. I think I can't reduce it, because you need at least some shedding.

Nevermore
September 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
It seems like alot of people are writing off shedding as entirely normal when the kind of shedding people are seeking to decrease is, in general, abnormal shedding. If you're counting a great deal over a hundred hairs per day, that's not normal for most people and it shouldn't be ignored. Just make sure you're actually counting the hairs-longer hairs can make it look like you're shedding small animals when it's average shedding. If washing/handling changes don't help, it's time to see a doctor and make sure everything internal is ok.

Anyway, moving on. I think I'm allergic to sulfates, I used to shed so much that I'd clog the shower drain halfway thru washing my hair, have to unclog it, then I'd clog it again. I was losing literal fistfuls of hair every wash (about thrice weekly) and at least another fistful during combing afterwards. At the time, I had heavily layered barely shoulder length hair. I didn't really think anything of it because I had pretty thick hair, but it was definitely more than normal.

Then I discovered conditioner washing and suddenly, my shedding virtually stopped. I lost maybe thirty hairs a wash, where before it was well into the hundreds, far more than I ever should have lost. I lose somewhere between twenty and thirty hairs during a conditioner wash and one or two while combing. When I do water only, I lose ten to twenty hairs.

What really cemented the idea of an allergy to sulfates was that I somewhat recently shampooed, lost a load of hair and ended up with a bumpy, itchy, red scalp.

Finoriel
September 25th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hmm, not everyones case is as serious as yours seems to be, hennared. I´m sorry to hear about your health issues, but as you already said it´s better to seek professional help at a doc who can have a close look at your scalp or is able to take your bloodpicture. Everyone who is seriously concerned about an abnormal amount of shedding should do that. We are a knowledgeable online community, but still not able to give someone a medical treatment :wink:. We are just able to offer advice in a much smaller range, based on our experiences with our own hair, which was what the OP asked for.
In most cases shedding is just... hm shedding. Which people became more aware of when joining the community, possibly. Picturing a worst case scenario as soon as someone mentions to loose more hair than usually would lead to (in most cases unnecessary) panicking.
By the way, I recently made a picture of the decent sized squirrel I loose after washing my hair, which is less than I used to with above mentioned bad habits. This (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=637&pictureid=21635) happens to me every fall and I still have hair when it goes down again to my normal shedding rate, which is about 1/5 of this ball.

Nightshade
September 25th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Pssst.... I think Nightshade is being modest and not answering here because it's a blend she makes and sells herself. You can click on the link in her signature to go to her store. :)

Pretty much :o

For those interested in oils, you may want to check out the fantastic thread that Jessie58 started: Oils for Reducing Hair Loss and Shedding (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2001).

Iylivarae
September 25th, 2008, 03:37 PM
- Not washing too often.
- Everything that helps with seborrhoic dermatitis, which is the main cause of shedding for me.

I lost about 500 hairs while combing every day this summer, just because I washed 5 times instead of 2 a week... which caused a new break-out of the SD. Now, I reduced it and I only lose about 50 hairs during combing...

ChatoyantLocks
September 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM
For me, switching from using a brush to using combs, and combing through very slowly and gently helped reduced the hair loss. The problem before was that as I was brushing I would occasionally hit small snarls and accidently pull strands out! No wonder I was flinching! Combing my hair takes a lot longer than brushing used to, but if I want my hair to someday reach the floor (genetics willing) I have to avoid unnecessary hair loss.

Ms Monnie
September 25th, 2008, 04:55 PM
- Not washing too often.
- Everything that helps with seborrhoic dermatitis, which is the main cause of shedding for me.

I lost about 500 hairs while combing every day this summer, just because I washed 5 times instead of 2 a week... which caused a new break-out of the SD. Now, I reduced it and I only lose about 50 hairs during combing...

I've been told that I need to wash more often with SD and that it probably isn't causing excessive shedding. But I don't believe it, you can't have healthy follicles without a healthy scalp.

What do you find has helped?

maskedrose
September 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Nightshade - is it the Triple Moon oil the one that you are talking about?

Speckla
September 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I was losing a lot of hair and it was partly to a severe B12 and B6 deficiency. I was losing it to the point of having a bald spot showing up. Pretty much looked like male pattern baldness
I started taking B12, B6, and Biotin about six months ago and noticed a lot of growth and regrowth.
I started MSM a month ago and it seems liked I've had more growth this month that usual.
________
Marijuana Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

Nightshade
September 25th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Nightshade - is it the Triple Moon oil the one that you are talking about?

Yep, that would be the stuff! :)

ladyshannonanne
September 25th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I take fish/flax/borage seed oils to increase my good fat intake, which I think plays a bit part in follicle health. Also, I don't brush or comb my hair, so I'm not ripping out tangles. I just finger comb before I shower.

Melisande
September 26th, 2008, 01:37 AM
I discovered Jessie's oil thread a year ago and mix my own oil since then. I can't recommend enough. Not only did it reduce my shedding, it also makes my hair stronger. I can really see the difference between the new hair and the old hair.

I have mine in a dropper bottle next to my bed. While I read before falling asleep, I put some tiny drops on my scalp and massage. It's relaxing, it smells wonderful, and you don't see the oil in the morning because my scalp seems to suck it up. I massage very gently with my fingerpads and go over the whole scalp.

My fingernails benefited from it, too.

Nights before washing, I use more and really oil my scalp generously with it. It washes out without problems in the shower with a highly diluted gentle shampoo.

I use this mixture, taken from Jessie's thread:

4 oz. Jojoba oil
4 drops each of Cedarwood, Grapefruit, Bay,Thyme, Rosemary, Clary Sage, Basil, Patchouli, Lemon, Cypress, Sage, Geranium and 8 drops of Lavender.
Other things that help me keep shedding to the natural minimum: just like everybody else. Gentle handling, gentle products, updos, iron supplement, flax oil supplement.

bte
September 26th, 2008, 04:09 AM
I found that not brushing, but finger combing instead reduced shedding by about 90%.

Slug Yoga
September 26th, 2008, 04:20 AM
A lot of people have mentioned that finger-combing, less frequent washes, gentler handling, etc., have decreased shedding, but, thinking about the biology of hair growth, why would that work? I imagine that more vigorous washing and brushing would loosen up those shed hairs from your scalp and get them off your head, making it seem like you were shedding more. (This would just apply to actual shed hairs, not hairs that are broken off.)

So for those of you who attribute decreased shedding to those things, do you think the decrease is more than just this? I mean, maybe it does decrease shedding for some reasons I haven't thought of, or that aren't understood yet.

I've been wanting to do oil massages on my scalp. For those of you who do this, how much oil do you put on each time, and do you have a problem with scalp greasiness, find you need to wash more frequently, etc.?

Melisande
September 26th, 2008, 05:07 AM
I thought had answered that already....

I have a dropper bottle (for ear drops) and drip tiny amounts where I need them, massage, switch over to the next area. It's really a tiny bit and doesn't make the scalp greasy. Don't forget that essential oils are not oily, and jojoba oil is relatively light. Just put the drops on the scalp, not into the hair. Snuggle the dropper into the hair until its muzzle touches the scalp. It's easy.

If you are worried, try it before you wash.

soleluna
September 26th, 2008, 06:26 AM
to me.. taking vitamin supplements!

ChloeDharma
September 26th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Although some shedding is obviously normal i really don't see the problem in trying to reduce it, i mean by experimenting with things is how we discover and as long as the experiments aren't terribly damaging then i wouldn't discourage people from trying. Also an increase in shedding shouldn't be ignored especially as it can be a symptom of a much more serious problem.

The things i've found reduce shedding on me...

Scalp massage, but only when done regularly. I also find that initially i shed more while doing it as it dislodges hairs that are ready to fall out anyway, but after about a week of doing it daily my shedding goes down dramatically.

Herb washing, the herbs i use vary so i'm not sure if it's a benefit from the herbs themselves or the absence of chemicals popular in regular products....i suspect a bit of both.

Scalp brushing, probably for the same reason as scalp massage.

Diet, well the reasoning for that one is obvious.

Stress management, i always shed more when very stressed....surprised i'm not bald really.

Scalp oiling, usually with the old formula Hesh Bhringraj oil which also has herbs like amla, brahmi, henna, methi and quite a few i don't recognise in it in a coconut oil base.

The main thing seems to be stimulating circulation to the scalp, encouraging nourishment of the follicles, and removing stress factors.

30isthenewblack
September 26th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I found that not brushing, but finger combing instead reduced shedding by about 90%.

I found this to be the same with my hair as well. I shed about thirty to fifty hairs a day when I combed my hair but I lose about ten hairs a day when I finger comb it. It made an incredible difference.

ChloeDharma
September 26th, 2008, 06:43 AM
A lot of people have mentioned that finger-combing, less frequent washes, gentler handling, etc., have decreased shedding, but, thinking about the biology of hair growth, why would that work? I imagine that more vigorous washing and brushing would loosen up those shed hairs from your scalp and get them off your head, making it seem like you were shedding more. (This would just apply to actual shed hairs, not hairs that are broken off.)

So for those of you who attribute decreased shedding to those things, do you think the decrease is more than just this? I mean, maybe it does decrease shedding for some reasons I haven't thought of, or that aren't understood yet.

I've been wanting to do oil massages on my scalp. For those of you who do this, how much oil do you put on each time, and do you have a problem with scalp greasiness, find you need to wash more frequently, etc.?

I agree with your first point, which is why i find initially i seem to shed alot, then it reduces down over time. I compare it though to when i wore my hair loose most of the time and washed every day or every other day and still seemed to shed quite alot.

For oil massages, i just apply as much as is needed to cover my scalp, i do usually heavily oil up my hair too though so oilyness isn't an issue for me.

rhubarbarin
September 26th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I am with redtea and spidermom here - shedding is normal. Everyone loses hair and it is natural to lose up to a 100 hairs a day, the hair has just reached the end of its cycle. Some people do have a longer living hair cycle which is why some people can grow their hair longer than others. I don't believe it is anything to be concerned about. I actually have very little hair shedding myself, but I do notice that if I haven't washed my hair in a couple of days more will come out simply because that hair would've come out in the previous wash.

I think the shedding could look worse for some people when they are in the shower for instance because they have thicker and longer hair than other people, but I am sure that if you count the hairs most people are not losing excessive amounts unless it is through harsh combing - in which case the hair has been dragged out or broken.

I even know one woman who went to the doctors about the amount she was shedding and she felt silly afterwards about being told how natural shedding was and to remember just how much individual hairs are in just one patch of the head.

Our skin has to renew itself all the time, so too does our hair.

Shedding is surely natural, my mom and I both shed a lot, and I've never noticed a decrease in thickness even after big sheds. However it's not normal to lose maybe 150 hairs washing one way, and 500 another, is it? This is the difference I'm talking about.

ktani
September 26th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I have never had unusual shedding but when I switched to catnip as my conditioner, I found that I shed less in the shower, when I wash my hair.

Even when I switched from conditioner to chamomile tea and then linden flower tea, I shed more when I shampooed.

For some reason, with catnip, there is less hair down the drain.

MsBubbles
September 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM

I can actually feel my hairs being plucked out of my head - it's not like these extra ones fall out without me noticing them. It grieves me to feel that 'ping' as it gets yanked out after snagging on a sweater or other object! But otherwise those that are gonna fall out anyway I don't stress about. Gotta keep the inner peace going!

Iylivarae
September 26th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I've been told that I need to wash more often with SD and that it probably isn't causing excessive shedding. But I don't believe it, you can't have healthy follicles without a healthy scalp.

What do you find has helped?

For me, it definitely helps. I really see a difference if I don't wash often.

I use a shampoo with piroctone olamine, which is specifically designed for people with SD (my dermatologist prescribed it, so you might not be able to buy it without seeing your doctor). Also, from time to time I use jojoba oil, mixed with tea tree, rosemary and thyme, which seems to help, too. The tea tree is somewhat antiseptic, so it helps to fight fungus and other infections. Rosemary and thyme stimulate the circulation, and the jojoba oil helped with the dryness I sometimes had when I used another medical shampoo.

Nightshade
September 26th, 2008, 09:55 AM

My oil bottle also has a dropper and I usually use about 3 droppers full, drawing thin lines down my scalp and then spreading/massaging with my fingers.

I don't wash more often because I do an oil treatment only on wash days, letting it soak into my scalp for an hour or two, and it comes right out with a CO or CWC wash.

happymommy
September 26th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Two things for me: CO and I stopped taking Flax seed oil and switched to fish oil for my Omega 3's. Flax seed oil messed with my hormones too much (it can be an estrogen suppressor at certain dosages) and caused a massive shed within a week of me starting to take it. I stopped and about three days later my shed amount had returned to a normal range.

Anje
September 26th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Not using conditioner, or not on my scalp at least, seems to reduce my shedding quite a lot. (No, I can't shampoo and not condition.... that's trouble.) WO washing gives me way, way less shedding than CO washing, but my ends tend to dry out. So I'm still looking for a happy medium -- this week, it's WO with condish just on the lower length. I'll see how that goes.

Flaxen
September 26th, 2008, 01:46 PM
However it's not normal to lose maybe 150 hairs washing one way, and 500 another, is it? This is the difference I'm talking about.
No, I don't think that's normal. Some might argue that those extra hairs just came out during the shampoo instead of at another time, but for me that wasn't true. My heavy sulfate-induced shedding did make a difference in the volume of my hair.

LadyLongLocks
September 26th, 2008, 03:15 PM
When I go through shedding periods I start taking my vitamins again. I hate taking them but force myself. I take a prenatal or ultra hair by natures plus. I wash my hair once a week or as little as possible,wear it up all the time and comb as little as possible. Since I comb it out wet, I make sure to use extra conditioner and I also pre condition with water,coconut oil and conditioner. I may shampoo twice but only do the length once. I'm starting a shedding phase now and it may be partly be due to massive stress in my life. I was actually expecting this to happen as it has before. I find the vitamins shorten the cycle which could last for up to 3 months. I'm going to take my vitamin now.

wintersun99
September 26th, 2008, 03:36 PM

redbark
October 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
1 multi vitamin

Nightshade , is this the same oil you sell or a personal blend?

If yes ..guess who is making an order :D

Nightshade
October 23rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Nightshade , is this the same oil you sell or a personal blend?

If yes ..guess who is making an order :D

Heh, it's the stuff I sell :o It worked so well for me I wanted to share it with others :)

Heidi_234
October 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
My oil bottle also has a dropper and I usually use about 3 droppers full, drawing thin lines down my scalp and then spreading/massaging with my fingers.

I don't wash more often because I do an oil treatment only on wash days, letting it soak into my scalp for an hour or two, and it comes right out with a CO or CWC wash.

Nightshade, a small question - Is it bad to use your or other oil mixes suggested in that "Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding" thread and not shower afterward?

Nightshade
October 23rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Nightshade, a small question - Is it bad to use your or other oil mixes suggested in that "Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding" thread and not shower afterward?

Yep :) I've used both my blend and Moonchasers, and both are fine to leave in. Having not tried others in the thread, I'd feel pretty confident that they'd be fine as well, but I can't personally attest to that.

pdy2kn6
October 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
I find that when I give myself a hair massage, after i stroke my hair with my fingers after that i get more shedding than prior the massage. Does anyone else find this happens after head massages?

xrosiex
October 23rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
My biggest help to reduce shedding is scalp massages.I also eat alot of fruit and vegetables and take a daily supplement.

My thoughts exactly....:)

harley mama
October 23rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
For me it was reducing stress. Oh, and finishing chemo! :)

Redheaded Raven
October 23rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
For me the biggest thing was finding out EVERYTHING I am allergic to, for instance that not only am I a celiac, but I am allergic to sulfates, any parabens and of all things my HAIRPINS! That was the one that was really giving me fits. I was using Amish pins and found that the nickel in them was causing a massive reaction.:confused: Sore head itchy scalp yuck! Now that I stopped using them, the symptoms have left. Now I am just working on getting the fullness back!

I miss my hairpins, but not the consequences! I am using a scarf braid to deal with protecting my hair from other allergens at work. I will be glad not to have to work in a place that has things that I have to protect myself from so much!:p