PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles at the V&A

Medvssa
September 25th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Last weekend while in London, I saw a lot of cool hairstyles in statues at the V&A museum. They are mostly (neo)classic, regency and romantic.

I took pics and put them in a gallery here (http://innershelter.net/journal/2008/09/hairvanda/). It was a bit tricky with all those indecent boobs and butts out there ;) but there you go. Pics are BIG.

Teaser:

http://innershelter.net/journal/2008/09/hairvanda/example.jpg

Enjoy!

camara
September 25th, 2008, 04:40 AM
*runs to gallery* Thank you!

ETA: Wow, nice hairdos! I´d love to try the bun with the braid wrapped around it.

It was a bit tricky with all those indecent boobs and butts out there but there you go.

Can you believe it took me about thirty pics to get what the pink stars were for? :blushing:

cindy58
September 25th, 2008, 05:43 AM
That's really cool! I'll have to spend some time looking at those later. I'm supposed to be getting ready for work now!

Slug Yoga
September 25th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Okay, that is really cool. Thanks for doing this!

I think we should figure out how to do some of these hairstyles, and then post pics. :eyebrows:

Medvssa
September 25th, 2008, 08:32 AM
You are all welcome :D

sky
September 25th, 2008, 09:28 AM
That's really cool! I'll have to spend some time looking at those later. I'm supposed to be getting ready for work now!Cindy, I love the style in your atavar.....how did you do it?

It looks as if you took thick strands, twisted them and then drew them all up into the coiled bun......how on earth could you get such a great look? Are you able to do that by yourself?

I'm such a fumble-fingers.....:rolleyes:

Tabitha
September 25th, 2008, 09:55 AM
It was a bit tricky with all those indecent boobs and butts out there ;) but there you go.

Not so much V&A, then, as T&A? :wink:

aprilmay
September 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
What an elaborate and beautiful style!

Medvssa
September 25th, 2008, 11:13 AM

:lol: .

shrimp
September 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM

:spitting:

Silver & Gold
September 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM
That was fun, thanks for sharing.

Anje
September 25th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Cool, but what does V&A stand for?

Tabitha
September 25th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cool, but what does V&A stand for?

Victoria & Albert Museum (http://www.vam.ac.uk/)

Medvssa
September 25th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Oops, sorry :oops: yeah, what Tabitha said. I wanted to put the link in the post but I forgot.

misstwist
September 25th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Really easy to get those styles to stay when you carve them out of stone. :)

Angellen
September 26th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Some of those are so spectacular, thanks for sharing!

I am looking forward to some of the more adept members recreating these... *hopeful*

Medvssa
September 26th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Really easy to get those styles to stay when you carve them out of stone. :)

Carving stone though, not so easy ;)

Teazel
September 26th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Wow, that last one is cool. Wonder if I could do that. :hmm:

Nat242
September 26th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Thanks so much, those hairstyles are fantastic!

Slug Yoga
September 26th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Some of those are so spectacular, thanks for sharing!

I am looking forward to some of the more adept members recreating these... *hopeful*

I would totally attempt it, but I think my hair is way too short for most of them!

winter_star
September 26th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks for sharing Medvssa. There are some beautiful hairstyles here and great peices of art.

magpielaura
September 26th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Those pictures are fab! I've never paid too much attention to the hairdos on statues before; probably I was distracted by all the pink stars! (are those a joke by the way, or does the occasional alabaster nip or cupid dangler get you in trouble round here?)

I wonder how many are the sculptors invention or whether their models had hairdos like that for some of the time they were sitting?

Medvssa
September 26th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Wow, that last one is cool. Wonder if I could do that. :hmm:

Yes YOU do!! please? :lol:

I was distracted by all the pink stars! (are those a joke by the way, or does the occasional alabaster nip or cupid dangler get you in trouble round here?)

I don't know if a marble nipple is allowed, but I am not gonna take my chances :lol: I guess it is partly a joke. Or tongue in cheek :tongue:

I wonder how many are the sculptors invention or whether their models had hairdos like that for some of the time they were sitting?

I would bet the ladies chose to wear their favourite hairstyle to the sitting.

nappywomyn
September 26th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, how LOVELY!!!

And I find it interesting that most of them seemed to have wavy/curly hair!

Medvssa
September 27th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Yeah, they probably abused the curling iron quite a lot (because let me tell you, my curls are about that size of ringlet but then do not do that :lol:)