PDA

View Full Version : Husband wants to grow out his hair!

ladyshannonanne
September 25th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I am quite excited to announce that my husband is going to try to grow out his curly hair! :cheese:He has always been very self conscious of how "fuzzy" his hair is, and kept it very short--we're talking a buzz here, folks! I've been encouraging him to stop brushing his hair and stop fussing with it all the time, and he noticed that it's not as frizzy anymore. So, he's giving the long hair thing a shot!

Gumball
September 25th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Whoohoo! Good for him! I'm glad that just showing him a possible way of reducing the frizz and it working for him inspired him to take the plunge and grow his hair out. That's going to be an adventure in and of itself.

Arctic_Mama
September 25th, 2008, 02:27 AM
That's great! I love longer curly hair on men. My husband wears his long and it's fabulous. And perhaps your hubby will be like mine and realize it's easier to have longer hair than short - no shaving/cutting it every few weeks!

Soniasonia
September 25th, 2008, 02:33 AM
REAL men have long hair.

Addy
September 25th, 2008, 04:15 AM
I :heartbeat long haired men!

tomm
September 25th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Congratulations on your husband's decision to let his hair grow! I hope he enjoys his curls to the fullest - I am so glad that I made the same decision two years ago!

morningstar
September 25th, 2008, 07:18 AM
My partner decided to grow out his hair last year. It used to be waist length 10 years ago. It is hot hot hot on him. I love long haired men.
Perhaps he will join this place?

Honigwein
September 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM
My husband has a very amazing long hair... I see no reason for men not to have it long! Men that are not sooo handsome can become more attractive with a nice well cared long hair... you must be happy then!! There´s only one thing I would like my husband to change: he could allow me to touch his hair a little more often... hihi

Shypii90
September 25th, 2008, 11:00 AM
That's great!!
Give him all the help he needs :D and let him know about the awkward stage because for us curly haired folk there really are some horrible days when we'd be really close to cutting it all off!!!

I decided to grow out my hair over 3 years ago but I never could do so until last year so my hair's only about 15 months old! it would be great if we see progress pics in future :)

Gilly
September 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I have tried over and over again to get my hubby to grow his hair again :rolleyes: He flatly refuses, its a real shame as he had long hair until a few years before we met, I have seen a piccy that his mum has and he looked dam hot with long hair, he still looks hot even with his buzz cut though :eyebrows:

ladyshannonanne
September 25th, 2008, 04:26 PM
it would be great if we see progress pics in future :)

I'll post pics if he ever lets me take his photo. ;)

It's so funny. His family is pretty conservative as far as dressing and personal care goes, so this is a really big deal for him. Whenever he grows a beard (which takes him about a day, heh heh), his mom always asks him when he's going to shave it off again. (I love him mom, btw, I just don't agree with her that guys should always look corporate.) She always encouraged him to keep his hair buzzed because of how frizzy and crazy it can get.

Thanks so much for all your well wishes! I'm going to tell him how many women think long hair is sexy. I think he thinks I'm the only one. Silly man.