PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see alot of beautiful hair sightings at supermarkets?

Sweetalexandria
October 15th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I can't help but just gawp at beautiful hair, when someone crosses my path:D. I work as a pharmacy assistant and there is plenty of time to notice and stare at customers passing by if they have lovely hair and just looking at the makeup section.

Plenty of times I have seen long haired women. The other day a Pakistani or Indian mum was with her child and she had very thick, long silky black hair in two equal plaits. I wanted to say something, but thought it would just look odd.

Anyway I think supermarkets are a good place for long hair sightings. Has anyone talked to customers or just had any hair tips from?

Madora
October 15th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Nice that you had those sightings. I think the opportunities for seeing long hairs "in the wild" are greater if you live where their are people who wear their hair longer - Indian and Pakistani women, for example.

Around here, long hair (waist length or longer) is pretty darn rare! I once saw a senior citizen with a lovely almost waist braid..quite impressive! Even the children have short hair. Then again, maybe it is the time of day that I shop (usually anywhere from 10 AM to 1PM). Maybe the longhairs come out later in the day? I also avoid weekend shopping, so maybe they are more visible then.

Agnes Hannah
October 15th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I love shopping for this reason! I have seen many beautiful longhairs whilst wandering down the aisles of fruit and veg. One lady had hair past knee, another, a grey haired lady had gorgeous thick MBL hair. I was feeling brave that day and approached her. She was growing it so she could donate it in memory of her sister who had died from cancer. Her husband was there and he wants her to grow it back afterwards.

Breanna
October 15th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I distinctly remember seeing two older women at the supermarket together, they looked like sisters, both with around classic length hair. One had a beautiful golden blonde color on the bottom half of her length, and the top half was an equally pretty mix of grey and silver. And the other lady's hair was similar except with a nice brownish color. Both had really nice looking waves, they were both just very interesting to look at. :)

tokugawa.miyako
October 15th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure about the supermarket, but I do see a lot of beautiful long hair on the bus and at the thrift store for some reason. I know a number of people on this site enjoy thrifting as well so maybe there's some sort of connection? ;)

Merlin
October 15th, 2014, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure that I've noticed the supermarket we use having a lot of women and girls with long hair in it - I'm guessing that it may be that some areas have a lot of long hair (you did flag up asian women in your post) and naturally they tend to be the ones who you then see in the supermarket?

Luana
October 15th, 2014, 02:07 PM
All the time. I've often complimented strangers with beautiful locks haha. It does get awkward once in a while but most of the time it just makes their day :o I personally believe that if you think something nice of someone, you should say it... :blossom: